Ribbleton training - what is it?

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Not something I've come across other than here either.
It's a glossy convincing sell though.
Looking at the website Jobs Available page. the people who call punters to sell this stuff are on commission. it says earnings up to $100k. I'd guess they get nowhere near there and are told they aren't being girl-bosses enough if they aren't getting that... target very much UK/US/Europe, perhaps because of the difficulties people have with getting their ££ back across borders ;)

Casey76

Visit site
I'm still non the wiser what this ribbledribble is ??‍♀️

This thread is the only place I've seen it and heard no mention of it outside of here.

I'm guessing its Australian? Admittedly my last aussie horse magazine purchase was January 2020 but it flicked back through them and no mention of them in the adverts unlike other horsemanship programmes.

Its still blowing my mind that people can be talking into parting with 10k over the phone to a stranger. A tenth of that would see them right with a good trainer in person or a good online source (double dan/Guy McLean/Warwick Schiller are all australians).
The woman is crackers.

You can’t use aversives and you can’t use clicker/treats/ or other positive reinforcement (she called it bribery), you can’t correct your horse for anything. Apparently if they love you they will do what you want without any apparent instruction from you.

littleshetland

Visit site
I'm still non the wiser what this ribbledribble is ??‍♀️

This thread is the only place I've seen it and heard no mention of it outside of here.

I'm guessing its Australian? Admittedly my last aussie horse magazine purchase was January 2020 but it flicked back through them and no mention of them in the adverts unlike other horsemanship programmes.

Its still blowing my mind that people can be talking into parting with 10k over the phone to a stranger. A tenth of that would see them right with a good trainer in person or a good online source (double dan/Guy McLean/Warwick Schiller are all australians).

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
well i saw this thread and am always open to different methods that are kind as although i have been around horses for almost 60 years, i feel i dont know enough. however, i still have no idea what this is all about and have wasted my time....i will go back to watching the dressage at luhmuhlen

Pyroteknik

New User
Visit site
Yes I am a new poster as of two minutes ago. THANK YOU ALL!
I had watched the presentation about an hour ago. Here in Western Canada. Had signed up for the phone call discussion for a couple of days ahead.
Typical mark - it would seem I am. Ridden all my life including taking my BHS Assistant Instructor many years ago. Backed and ridden many horses, trained horses to drive, yadda yadda. Now at 68 and trying to enjoy a wonderful mature Arab who is so freaked out by living in the trees of the west coast terrain rather than the prairies of most of his life. His constant tension and spooking is exhausting and has drained all my confidence and become a burden. I have been considering sending him back to my friend where we started, for both of our mental health. I have spent 3 and half years trying to settle him down, with little success. Even around the barn yard or being groomed spooks and tension seem to be with us.
Now I can cancel that phone arrangement - I have no doubt the thing is a fake. My wonderful friend and trainer here (Equitation Science) costs me $40 for a session. THANK YOU GUYS.... !!!!

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
Simple rules of thumb:

* If there something only 1 person is teaching/doing then it’s no good! Real knowledge and wisdom spreads rapidly, is taken up by others and is widely shared.

* if there is secrecy about methods then it’s no good. The skill in all forms of training is the hours and years and decades needed to improve timing and feel, not the principles of the approaches themselves which are usually quite simple

* If costs are mega high up front with aggressive marketing, it’s no good! Trainees who get great results have people returning again and again so don’t need to secure all the fees before they give you anything. It’s a business structure that screams ‘you won’t leave happy’!

* If you’re generally a crappy human being, I have no interest in how you train horses.

Preying on vulnerable people and guilt tripping them using their fear, love of their horse and their own feelings of inadequacy to emotionally blackmail them into forking out huge sums of non refundable cash is simply despicable. And they claim to be doing things the non coercive, non exploitive, kinder way? No I don’t think so.