Rideaway - REALLY bad service - Anyone else?

Jo1980

Visit site
Has anyone else had any problems with Rideaway?

- I placed an order on Monday 2nd December
- They took payment from my bank on Tuesday 3rd December
- I didn't receive confirmation of my order
- The items hadn't arrived by Monday 9th December
- I checked online, my order is showing but there isn't anything in the "Track Order" section
- They haven't been in contact to explain the delay
- They aren't responding to my emails and I couldn't get through when I tried to ring

This is proving to be a lot of hassle and I feel really disappointed in their service.

(Moan over, sorry!)

Goldenstar

Visit site
No , I have used for years and years they have always been great .
I think I remember the family that started the company have retired ( just a vague idea ) let's hope they are not going the way as Derby house I would rather go to the dentist than buy from them.

southerncomfort

Visit site
I've always found them excellent to order from. Never had a problem with them.

I'd keep calling them OP as this is unusual for them. Hope you get your order soon.

Eventer83

Visit site
I had a similar problem recently. I placed an order (over £100) and nothing came or happened for two weeks. I cancelled my order in the end and bought elsewhere.

I didn't mind the delay so much, it was the lack of contact that was really frustrating.

Biska

Visit site
I tried to order a saddle from them recently, I put it in my basket and went to pay. It showed as out of stock but I could still pay for it which I thought was odd. I called them and was told that the saddle would not be available for 6 weeks but it would be sent when available. I was informed that the payment would be taken anyway!
So they would have my money for 6 weeks before I got the item.
Could this be what has happened to your order Jo1980
I bought elsewhere, they need to get this glitch out of their shopping cart software!

Jo1980

Visit site
Biska, that's pretty bad as I'm guessing the saddle wasn't cheap!!

I ordered three items that came to £97. All three items were showing as 'in stock' so I didn't expect any delays in delivery.

Eventer83, you're so right. I wouldn't have minded the wait too much if they had have let me know what was going on!

I'm now starting to need one of the items (a rug) so I don't know whether to cancel it and go to a shop later to buy one instead.

I'm wondering if I'll actually get my money back if I cancel the order though!!

*hic*

village idiot :D
Visit site
Huge wait, different "reasons" given by staff on the same day, no communication except that initiated by me (and a useless phone system) and no tracking information. Not a great experience.

Shoei

Visit site
I have had a similar experience. Ordered 2 rugs last Wed. No confirmation or tracking. Caleed Thursday to confirm, advised dispatch Monday to arrive Wed. Still no tracking so called to confirm this morning. They have put it on express delivery for me free of charge no questions asked. So brill customer service for me!

Biska

Visit site
Biska, that's pretty bad as I'm guessing the saddle wasn't cheap!!

I ordered three items that came to £97. All three items were showing as 'in stock' so I didn't expect any delays in delivery.

Eventer83, you're so right. I wouldn't have minded the wait too much if they had have let me know what was going on!

I'm now starting to need one of the items (a rug) so I don't know whether to cancel it and go to a shop later to buy one instead.

I'm wondering if I'll actually get my money back if I cancel the order though!!

Of course you will get your money back. In any case under distance selling regulations you are entitled by law to return anything you buy for a full refund within a reasonable time period, check their T&Cs for their time period.

Yes it was a lot of money for the saddle LOL.

Floofball

Visit site
Funny I've just been trying to get through to them and spotted this thread!! Have used them for years and have never had an issue but I'm in the same boat as you OP. Ordered on the 2nd and heard nothing since? No reply to emails and keep getting a recorded message when I call them to 'try again later' getting frustrated now :-(

DaveSkywalker

Visit site
Just a thought but was the 2nd not the day when the trouble with Netwest/RBS happened. If they bank with them, it could be that the process to take money reprocessed a failed payment from the 2nd on the 3rd and the order system was showing that the payment had not gone through (from their point of view). I agree they should be letting you know. Just wondering if that is why they are having trouble processing orders placed on the 2nd.

Lickety-Split

Visit site
I ordered over the phone on 28th November and my delivery came within a week which is pretty acceptable, I've ordered from them for years and never had a problem.
But yes they have been taken over by Pets at Home (which I am also a loyalty card member of) meaning I have recently been getting some fab discounts! :D

superpony

Visit site
As others have said they have been taken over by Pets At Home.

I work for one of the companies owned by Pets At Home and have been trying to get through to Ride Away today to place an order as have a discount card, but no luck!! Rubbish.. how do they expect people to buy from them when they don't even answer their phones?

Jo1980

Visit site
I won't be able to call them again now till after I finish work tonight. I thought I'd try their online form and that isn't working either!

They shouldn't take the money for an order without being ready to dispatch it!!

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
But yes they have been taken over by Pets at Home (which I am also a loyalty card member of) meaning I have recently been getting some fab discounts! :D
Can I just rock up to a Pets at Home branch and pick up a loyalty card? There's one not too far away but I don't visit it that often.

I ordered c£100 worth of stuff from Rideaway a month ago. It arrived in less than a week but I heard nothing from them at all re the dispatch of the goods. I just happened to be in when it came (awkward shaped parcel - a shavings fork and feed buckets, amongst other goodies!).

Abby-Lou

Visit site
Yes they have been taken over, the shop has had a make over. The man that used to run it was fantastic knew what you wanted. Went in the shop the other day didn't seem like there were lots of people taking calls like it used to have, but they could be hidden away in a call capture area ?

OWLIE185

Visit site
Sounds to me as if they have a stock control problem, staffing issues and have become inefficient and complacent. If they were any good you should receive the goods you ordered within 24 hours.

Battytwoll

Visit site
I ordered from them back in September, after about 10 days of no contact I got through to them to cancel my order and get a refund - they said they would send the item overnight next day delivery and it did appear the next day - I don't know how long I would have waited had I not contacted them. I chanced it again this month and received a confirmation of despatch email and the goods turned up a week to the day after ordering. I would say they are very hit and miss! However, they don't appear to be any worse than any of the other horsey companies - I find it frustrating that anything equine related seems to = a "we'll get around to it sometime" attitude whereas non-horsey companies are able to treat their customers far better! I used to look for horsey things online in the hope of a bargain but have found that I'd rather pay an extra couple of quid extra to a local saddlery shop and save myself the stress of arguing with the "customer services" of online shops!

soltydog

Visit site
Just driven and hour and half to the store today as hubby buying me new joddies for xmas. It was very quiet in store, no one offered any help. When we went to pay there was the only 3 of us in store and we all went to the tills at the same time so we had to queue. The first lady took ages as some problems with purchases despite there being lots of members of staff another 5 or 6 mins went passed before some one decided to help on the tills. I wont be going back!!

Tobiano

Visit site
oh dear I am really sorry to read all this - have used Rideaway for years and never had a problem but reading this I wont bother again! I have ordered from Equestrian Clearance before which as I recall was absolutely fine so may try them again.

charlimouse

Visit site
In the past I have found them really good (apart from 1 mix up with some dressage markers where they sent me a 20x40 instead of the full 20x60 letters I had ordered, but after speaking to the manager it was quickly rectified). However I went in store on the 1st December as I need a new hat and wanted to take advantage of the 20% off offer they had on at the time. Unfortunately they didn't have the hat I wanted in my size. Due to my head being tiny although Charles and Own make the hat small enough, Rideaway don't normally stock it in that size, so it would be a special order. Rideaway promised to phone their supplier the following day to check they could get it in for me. By the evening of the following day I still had heard nothing (and the 20% offer ran out the following morning). After several attempts at getting through I finally managed to speak to someone, who blamed their supplier for not phoning them back with an answer. The girl promised to ring them back and phone me as soon as she had an answer, and she would put a note on that I wanted the 20% off. That was now over a week ago and I haven't heard a sausage since. Everytime I try to ring it goes unanswered and since it wont let you leave a message there isn't much you can do. Although I guess I could email! So at the moment I am unimpressed!