Riding EARLY early?

Visit site
I did it! Was on board for 6.15 am and ended up doing an hour and a half hack! Ended up doing a ride I wouldn't normally do too as it involves going along quite a busy road for part of it but I made the most of it and we only saw two cars on the road!! It was fab - I will definitely be doing it again. I am also pleased that I managed to beat the heat and the flies. ?

teddypops

Visit site
I like to be out by 6 if I can to avoid the traffic, cyclists and dog walkers. I love it! It also means I have time to get all my ponies ridden as well as fit other things into the day.

Visit site
Feeling it now though - tired! Been a bit over emotional this afternoon which I can only put down to being tired but determined to not let this put me off. Might be a combination of the hot weather too.

GoldenWillow

Visit site
Love it, best part of the day in hot weather. I've woke at 6am the last few days and been out by 6.30am. Comfortable temperature, no flies and few people.

palo1

Visit site
When we have planned a long ride as a family (25-30 miles) on the Welsh hills we have been known to be up for 3.30 am if the forecast is hot. That has meant my OH can have a full english breakfast before we set off!!:p:p It is wonderful setting off with the dawn light knowing you will be back home with an afternoon to rest. The horses have always found this slightly quirky of us but always happy to oblige. I have become a bit lazy about early morning riding lately so it's good to think about re-instating it!

Zuzan

Visit site
Out of interest what time do the early risers / riders go to bed .. ? I find it challenging getting good sleep patterns for early rising / riding when still broad daylight at 10pm ..

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
rarely before 11, I'm mainly just knackered all the time. I would love early nights, used to be in bed for 9.30 when I had a regular 4.30 start but OH watches loud stuff on TV and our house is a glorified studio so no peace for me! :rolleyes:

teddypops

Visit site
Out of interest what time do the early risers / riders go to bed .. ? I find it challenging getting good sleep patterns for early rising / riding when still broad daylight at 10pm ..
I go to bed about 10.30, I don’t fall asleep straight away but it’s not broad daylight where I live. I wake up at 5.30, I find this quite easy when it’s nice weather and I get into a routine! When I lived in the NE of Scotland I barely slept all summer because it didn’t really get dark enough!

Tarragon

Visit site
I have always ridden first thing as I need to fit it in before work. I love the early mornings (though my "get-up" time has to start with a 6 or my brain thinks it is far too early!) I love the feeling of achievement I get when I sit down to work and feel that I have already achieved something.

JoannaC

Visit site
I was always a morning person so often used to ride before work and before Covid used to get up early on a Sunday in the summer to ride before the tractors get going. I just can't get up now as since my husband is working from home we no longer have to get up at 5.30 so we tend to have a leisurely cup of tea in bed and I don't really get going until later now. It's very annoying as I loved my early morning rides.

Visit site
Wheels - that looks amazing! Wish I lived closer to the beach, the closest one is about an hour's drive away for me.

I am having another early morning ride tomorrow morning... alarm set for 5.30 ? ?

MuddyMonster

Visit site

Early :D

I'm in bed now and going to sleep in the next 5 minutes. Black out curtains are your friend! I've never had problems getting to sleep though.

Wheels

Visit site
Wheels - that looks amazing! Wish I lived closer to the beach, the closest one is about an hour's drive away for me.

I am having another early morning ride tomorrow morning... alarm set for 5.30 ? ?

I'm very lucky to have 4 or 5 beaches within 45 minutes, the one in the pic is closest at 20 mins away (when theres no traffic) it is my only off road hacking though, no bridleways etc