Riding Skirts for Papaverfollis

ElleSkywalker

As excited as Kitty about to be a bridesmaid
Visit site
Got an Eqco riding skirt for my birthday,its lined with their doesitall fabric as I have old creaky knees that need to be kept extra toasty. Wore it today and kept my legs lovely warm but not over warm so loving it ?

Fairly sure I look super ladylike and exactly like a posh Victorian side saddle lady ??
IMG-20200927-WA0004.jpg
IMG-20200927-WA0015.jpg
IMG-20200927-WA0011.jpg

ElleSkywalker

Visit site
❤❤❤❤❤ ooooooo. That looks super!

I'm gonna have to get one. Because I'm all about being ladylike ? and warm dry knees are important.

Eqco. Off to Google again.

Yay! We can be fancy skirt twins ? went for the extra reflective strips on mine as we do have to ride down the road to get to hacking and can't be too safe :)

ElleSkywalker

Visit site
I may be being dense but... what's the purpose of a riding skirt? I assume you wear jodhs/breeches under it, so is it just for waterproofness and extra warmth?

Yep. The fact they look cool is an added bonus ?

Basically I have arthritis in both knees and they 'lock' in cold weather which is excruciating and more than once have had to call DSW to lead horse away from mounting block for me after a ride as I can not walk let alone lead a horse. I have tried every thermal breech and under layers/knee warmers/supports/injections I can find so riding skirt is my last option to try and carry on riding for more than 45mins at a time over winter :)

Pippity

Visit site
Yep. The fact they look cool is an added bonus ?

Basically I have arthritis in both knees and they 'lock' in cold weather which is excruciating and more than once have had to call DSW to lead horse away from mounting block for me after a ride as I can not walk let alone lead a horse. I have tried every thermal breech and under layers/knee warmers/supports/injections I can find so riding skirt is my last option to try and carry on riding for more than 45mins at a time over winter :)

They do look VERY cool! Sadly, my body runs so hot that I tend to ride in a t-shirt throughout winter, so I don't think I'll ever get to wear one.

Fingers crossed it works for you.

PapaverFollis

Visit site
For me it's a way to keep the saddle dry as well as me. I will inevitably be out riding in some horrible weather... a warm dry tent around my legs will be most welcome and warmer than just thermal jods, you'llget some heat from the horse trapped under there. I find I don't tend to like the restrictiveness of thicker or waterproof materials in breeches form either. I perhaps just haven't found the right ones.

ElleSkywalker

Visit site
It does cover the saddle beautifully PF and has a cross over bit at the front meaning you won't get wet knickers as happens with riding macs or long coats that don't go over front of saddle :)

I also have a ride on exercise sheet from Finer Equine which fits tight to saddle and over horses bum, the bit over saddle has faux sheepskin so is lovely and soft and warm so am going to be lovely and dry/warm whatever this winter decides to throw at us! Best thing is both companies are small and British with products made in uk, by hand ?

ElleSkywalker

Visit site
I'm 99% sure that a riding skirt would turn me from demented, clinging on monkey to graceful, natural-born equestrian whilst "galloping" up the stubble field on MrT.

1% likely that I will just look like a demented monkey in a skirt. ?

I mean its worked for me.........honest ?

Looks fab ESW. It's a good length so the rain doesn't run down into your boots! Is that the standard length? Just asking cos I'm a bit lanky and often things are too short for me :)

That's standard length and I am an actual midget. However the lady makes them herself so am sure she could do you a longer one if needed ?

ElleSkywalker

Visit site
They look good!
What does it do when you do a rising trot for any length of time? Do you find that they still cover the back of the saddle?

Yes covered it fine, its quite long at the back, the cantle of my saddle is quite high as well as it's a treeless. The back of skirt has velcro too so guess that will help with fit :)