Riding Skirts for Papaverfollis

Fluffypiglet

Visit site
Just ordered my Eqco skirt following my waterproof over-trousers being largely non waterproof this morning. The lady confirmed it will be about 3 weeks (non rush) so get ready for entirely dry weather by early November!

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
I was just on about a waterproof cape like thing I used to have, like a stable rug but for humans and horse, goes over the horse’s bum and the rider.

w1bbler

Visit site
Anyone who ordered after seeing this thread, have you received it yet? Over a month & still waiting ?
Starting to worry I've thrown my money away

Reactions: tda

w1bbler

Visit site
That's encouraging, ordered on the 28th September, have chased it & reply was I should get it early this week. Maybe I'll chase it again.

Reactions: tda

2ndtimearound

Visit site
I took my new DoPo Coats skirt out on a three-hour ride in Storm Aiden this morning and it kept me cosy and dry. Definitely good as a slightly less expensive option! ?

w1bbler

Visit site
I took my new DoPo Coats skirt out on a three-hour ride in Storm Aiden this morning and it kept me cosy and dry. Definitely good as a slightly less expensive option! ?
I wonder if its too late to cancel my order & get one of these instead. Shame I didn't see these first. ?

Gloi

Too little time, too much to read.
Visit site
I fancy one of these but am a bit worried that I could get hung up on the saddle getting off, or if I fell off. Can anyone reassure me or otherwise.

2ndtimearound

Visit site
I fancy one of these but am a bit worried that I could get hung up on the saddle getting off, or if I fell off. Can anyone reassure me or otherwise.
I've only ridden in mine once so far (I don't have my own horse, so I'm off games until lockdown is lifted) and it was fine getting off (from a treeless saddle). I just had to make sure I'd unhooked it from around the saddle before I got off to be on the safe side. Mine isn't hugely long though (25").

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
I was just on about a waterproof cape like thing I used to have, like a stable rug but for humans and horse, goes over the horse’s bum and the rider.

I just bought a Decathlon one, £35

I tried it schooling, and I think the absence of leg straps is an issue and I'm going to try weighting it, but it's pretty good. One size, quite big on me and I'm 5ft 8.

ElleSkywalker

As excited as Kitty about to be a bridesmaid
Visit site

The eqco ones are done up with velcro, they fall over the back of a saddle and on to horses bum but aren't tight anywhere. I can't see how they would get caught up and I've ridden in mine since early October but if they did the velcro would undo and skirt fall away :)

Roxylola

Visit site
I've ordered one from dopo she reckons about 4 weeks but said it might be quicker. Fluorescent yellow with hot pink binding - I'm a hi vis rainbow when I go out

2ndtimearound

Visit site
I've ordered one from dopo she reckons about 4 weeks but said it might be quicker. Fluorescent yellow with hot pink binding - I'm a hi vis rainbow when I go out
She said the same to me, and mine was posted after three weeks. She was also very accommodating when I asked if I'd be able to have it for a specific date (for a themed ride I was doing), though I'd ordered it four weeks before I needed it.

poiuytrewq

Visit site
I'm 99% sure that a riding skirt would turn me from demented, clinging on monkey to graceful, natural-born equestrian whilst "galloping" up the stubble field on MrT.

1% likely that I will just look like a demented monkey in a skirt. ?
? that’s a great image!
PV Is that a new profile photo? I’m usually drawn like a weird magpie type thing to chestnuts with blazes! My favourite. Gorgeous!

w1bbler

Visit site
Getting off is no problem, didn't think about it just got off as normal.
Hoping not to try falling off, but maybe it'll work like a parachute & soften the landing.

Roxylola

Visit site
You have the same sense of style as me and Blue...

View attachment 58720

The thought of a hi-viz skirt is actually tempting me a bit! Do you reckon I could add some LEDs?
I bet you could do some clip on bicycle lights or something.
Ooh, you have green as well, I'm on the look out for green!
I keep meaning to have a look in b and m at the led dog stuff, I'm sure a large collar would go round my hat.