Right I want you to be brutally honest!

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com

Do I look to big/heavy on this pony? Blackie is 14’2hh but only 4 years old. After the thread the other day about that larger woman breaking that 3 year old, it got me a bit paranoid about whether I am too heavy for Blacks. I’m about 11 stone (have to say I have lots of layers on in that picture due to artic weather in the South). We were cantering (way, hey) in the school tonight and is certainly doesn’t seem to struggle.

IMG_1790.jpg

So, be honest I can take it!?!

JadeWisc

Visit site
I would not think so at all...Your horse looks large enough for you I my opinion, and he appears to be sturdy and stocky with strong legs.

I was on my Shetland for a minute this weekend when he started acting up with my daughter
crazy.gif

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
Phew for that because I'm really, really, really enjoying riding him at the moment, shhhhh but I was even talking to Gina about keeping him tonight for myself. Haven't made any final decisions yet though (Otto is being vetted Friday so need to get though that first).
I know it sounds silly but I get that feeling I use to get on Ella on him, like we could do anything together. Silly aren't I?

Tia

Visit site
Now you KNOW I will tell you exactly what I think..........so here goes!

No you do not look too big for this horse whatsoever. You look absolutely fine.

11 stone is significantly different from 18 stone!!

barneyandem

Visit site
No way!!Not in the slightest!You dont even look at all heavy or big!!!
And he looks like he has substancial bone so i wouldnt even think about it again if i were you!
He is a gorgeous horse though!hope you keep him!

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
Thanks Tia, just with him being 4 yrs and only being broken about 10 weeks I don't want to do anything to hurt him or ruin him for the future! He is such a great little horse.

Weezy

Visit site
Oh Jo that is NOT silly - TBH I have kind of been waiting for you to say you would be keeping hold of him just a liiiiiiiiiiiiiittle bit longer!!

If you enjoy him, keep him, he is young and you have lots to teach him - you can always sell him next year!

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
Well nothing is decided for definite, and he is owned by 'the bank of Dad' so he would have to agree along with Gina. But I do feel that in 6 months or so I could probably do as much on him as I have been doing on Otto, don't you think? I'm not sure how I will feel jumping him but Gina has jumped him over logs in the woods and she said he felt great.

I don't know yet, I change my mind every 5 minutes at the moment, I’m a nightmare.

jayvee

Visit site
Ok, this is my honest honest opinion ok so don't anyone slate me..

I say he can carry your weight -no problem!
Visualy he looks a tad too small, or you -a tad too big. Depends on how you look at it.
End of day there is nothing wrong in you riding your Blackie, 11st is not heavy for him. x

kerrylou123

Visit site
i think you look good on him! Was looking at pics in the gallery of his second dressage, thinking what a nice horse he is! Looks like he's been broken longer than 10 weeks!

Tia

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Only thing wrong with that pictures that your toes are sticking out.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep that was all that looked not right - certainly you do not look too big; either too tall OR too heavy.

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
Well it may be 11 or 12, it was the end of August anyway. He is very intelligent and picks things up so quickly, bless him. He just doesn't really have the fitness or stamina yet but that will come.
Thanks, I am a bit of a worrier!

Tia

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Visualy he looks a tad too small, or you -a tad too big.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are entitled to your opinion but I honestly cannot see how you came to that conclusion? Her legs don't even reach the tummy line. Do you wear glasses by any chance?

Please explain
smile.gif

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
Oh give us a break I had just finished a dressage test (66.66% i have to add, so there!) and that was my relaxed state I'm pigeoned toed, so sue me! My toes were in for the test, I promise you!

Helenabbey

Visit site
I am a similar size on my new 15.1 Welsh Cob, I hope we do as good a dressage test, and i will prob be much smaller soon due to the effort it takes to get him going. After riding the most super-responsive pony in the world, my legs and seat are so ineffective that I have taken the stirrups off my saddle for the next two weeks in order to fix things!

TGM

Visit site
I think you look fine on him - he is a sturdy boy who takes up a lot of leg. Nothing to stop you having lots of fun on him
grin.gif

GTs

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Visualy he looks a tad too small, or you -a tad too big.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are entitled to your opinion but I honestly cannot see how you came to that conclusion? Her legs don't even reach the tummy line. Do you wear glasses by any chance?

Please explain
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I can see why she says that - there is an illusion in the picture - the near front has a shadow which makes it look like the horse has short legs, combine that with short stirrups I think you can get the effect.

Here is a picture of me in pusseta, a mare I almost bought, and I would not say I was too tall for her (yes on the taller side, but not too tall). She is about 15 hands, and I am about 6 foot (both vertically and horizontally
blush.gif
).

portrait.jpg