Right I want you to be brutally honest!

JadeWisc

Visit site
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! NOW I SEE IT!!!! DOH!
blush.gif
blush.gif
blush.gif
grin.gif
and I meant "avatar" btw
blush.gif
It's just not my evening

Oh.....and Tia......Still Auburn brown with a lovley splash of grey at the roots
wink.gif

sorona

Visit site
You look great together and Blackie looks bigger than the 14.2hh he is and has plenty bone so is more than able of carrying you, even as a 4yr old, unless you are an awful clumpy rider, which it certainly doesnt look like from the picture.

malibu211211

How the hell do I know??? I can barely remember my
Visit site
My avatar is my big donkey in his fly rug which he loves so much he will put it on
grin.gif

I have been told that my horse would excel in...........nope not sj/xc or showing but they say he'd be good for modelling in a catalogue or being a film star where he just had to stand and look pretty
grin.gif

Being bay and a complete thug is what he excels in though
grin.gif

Happytohack

Visit site
My goodness - a cracking cob like Blackie could easily carry a lot more weight! You look great on him. Gypsy cobs have been bred to live off very little (tethered on grass verges), pull a bow top wagon with a family, be ridden by all members of the family and have wonderful temperaments. Blackie is fantastic!

dieseldog

Visit site
If you are worried (which you shouldn't be) and you want to lighten his load cut aoutan inch of his tail and he'll probably lose a few pounds
grin.gif
that has to be the thickest tail ever! must be a lot of work to keep it clean

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
It sure is the thickest tail in the world, and why did we go for a cob with a white tail????????

Have to say if it wasn’t for Fairy non-bio washing powder and Tesco’s own conditioner, we would be a bit stuck.

Boy does it look nice when he moves though, when his bum wriggles, the tail moves beautifully!

juliehannah58

Visit site
Jo I think you look 100% fine on Blacks!

I've just been LMAO reading this thread!

Blackie is such a cutie and he's going so well for you at the moment, of course its' natural to keep him and see what happens! I say do it! You knew Otto wasn't what you wanted so you've done the right thing selling him anyway, and if Blackie doesn't work out in the long run you'll still be able to sell him and get another one anyway, you have to try it!

smile.gif

J
x

Dutch

spaces.msn.com
Hi

You don't look too big on him, at all.

He looks like he is accepting his work well. One thing I would say is that I believe everyone should use a mounting block to get on but I think most people do these days anyway.

Happy riding!

Diana

Dutch

spaces.msn.com
Oh ok! Well I think the horse looks nice and happy and so does the rider. I think it is good to alway access the horses/riders size suitability though as I have seen a few combinations where the rider is far too heavy for the horse, and the other way round for that matter!

Let us know how he progresses, he should be really nice, and most 4 year olds poke their noses out most of the time which he doesn't so he must be happy in the back!

Dutch

Kelly1982

Visit site
Rambo - No way are you 17.5 stone
shocked.gif
You certainly dont look it anyway.

JoElla - i think you look fab on Blackie and dont lokk too big OR too heavy for him.

Tharg

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
if he was more blood then i would say u wud b too heavy but u luk fine on him

[/ QUOTE ]

?????? eleven stone really isn`t that much, how many male riders do you think weigh that?. Horses can carry more than you think.

OP you look lovely on him.

Sal_E

Visit site
Jo, just seen this post & have 3 comments to make:

1) you are not to big for him

2) do be careful of riding with your stirrups too short to try to 'take up' some leg - it won't work & will make to ride more heavily. It looks as if it's quite a forward cut saddle which I presume encourages you to ride shorter, but don't be frightened to drop your stirrups & let your leg hang down, again, you are not too tall for a weight carrying cob!

3) am I surpirsed to see this post? ('thinking of keeping him') - errrr, NO! I seem to remember my early prediction of this is in a previous post somewhere
grin.gif

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
1) Thanks Sally, I was more worried about my weight but the consensus seems to be that I'm fine.

2) Yeah, stirrups could come down a bit, point taken. It is cut more like a jumping saddle so does encourage you to have shorter stirrups (could for jumping though!). Karen will keep me in line now that I'm going to have lessons on him.

3) Nothing has been decided, all I know is that I'm having a whale of a time riding him, and I just love his personality!