Right then! Weekend plans!

LeannePip

Visit site
I have been trying to get on one for months, can't believe we are actually heading off for it in a couple of hours. This one is just off the A303 near Salisbury - not that far from you I think? x

Thank you - I like the idea that we can devise a floor plan that works to our strengths! :)

NikiCB - Just seen this on Amazon and thought of you - perfect for practicing your music and only £11 in the black friday sale! Lots of the DTM companies sell these ones for £30+ - i'm going to get one just incase i get round to getting some music together!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Supersun-W...19314&sr=8-4&keywords=bluetooth+wrist+speaker

Last edited:

nikicb

www.facebook.com
NikiCB - Just seen this on Amazon and thought of you - perfect for practicing your music and only £11 in the black friday sale! Lots of the DTM companies sell these ones for £30+ - i'm going to get one just incase i get round to getting some music together!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Supersun-W...19314&sr=8-4&keywords=bluetooth+wrist+speaker

Thank you - that's so kind to share it for me. Just ordered! I hate earphones and I think the horse does take the music in, so was wondering about how to practise without having it blaring out. :) x

j1ffy

Visit site
LP - what a fab season, you really should celebrate!!
Wheels - I got measured for a pair a few weeks ago, I can’t wait to get them! What did you go for?
Nikicb - let us know how it goes. She did a clinic near us a few months ago but as of never done music it seemed like a big expense as a ‘toe-dip’. I’ll probablg regret it as we’re thinking of giving Ele FSM a go next year!

MP - 12/13 December, and I’m determined to make it this time! My October dates were called off by AMD, then I had to cancel my planned November dates. But the days are booked off work (so I can watch lots too), YO is coming so transport is sorted. Hoping to take both horses, I’ll be knackered by the end but it will be worth it!

Last edited:

Embo

Visit site

Thanks for this, I just bought one, too!! Mainly because I just like to listen to music when I'm riding alone - I don't like to wear headphone, and my phone has bounced out of my pocket more than once! Great find!

No plans for us, nice and quiet for a change! Plus still feeling a bit stiff after hitting the deck on Tuesday, so very glad for the break :p

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
It's nuts how much the 'horsey dressage' people sell them for, they have confirmed to me that they are exactly the same product, but they give 'support'. Most bluetooth speakers are pretty idiot proof even for me!

Jenni_

www.facebook.com
One of these years I will travel down for the convention!

Saturday we're having a run through our tests and then a good old gallop before we head off to SNEC for the Riding Club Qualifiers - first time on a team eek!

We've not been doing terribly well recently but we went to Karon Caron's clinic last night and she gave us a few things to put into practice before Sunday and for our warm up - so lets see if they make any difference.

Our canter work has some on leaps and bounds though, although the trot work has regressed :(

Notimetoride

Visit site
Diddly squat - enforced break - saddle in dry dock 😞
So have the delights of battling the traffic and crowds in Bath (Christmas market AND rugby on same day aaaargh !) just to nip to the hairdressers. Roll on January.

Notimetoride

Visit site
Thanks for this, I just bought one, too!! Mainly because I just like to listen to music when I'm riding alone - I don't like to wear headphone, and my phone has bounced out of my pocket more than once! Great find!

No plans for us, nice and quiet for a change! Plus still feeling a bit stiff after hitting the deck on Tuesday, so very glad for the break :p

Hey hey, my husband bought one for me today, for Christmas 👍🏻

Snowfilly

Visit site
Taking the fjord showjumping again! Two weeks ago, we had a steering failure and a rider caused stop over two classes, so hopefully this week, all will be fine.

And looking at the Christmas show schedules because the clydesdale really has to go out wearing antlers and tinsel once a year, so we need one in hacking distance and that will let us get home before dark.

blood_magik

Visit site
We’re dressaging again - Beau’s having another go at E42 after last week’s rather spooky elementary debut and then I’m hoping to get the rest of Raz’s regionals points. Had a really good session Wednesday and yesterday with both of them so hoping for improved scores (assuming i remember to ride properly).

Today the boys saw the physio, Raz was clipped (times are all over the place tomorrow and I was worried R would get cold in between if I didn’t whack the hair off) and then two divas had baths while my dad lunged the baby for me.

We don’t need to leave until 1130 so will have plenty of time to let Ellie stretch her legs in the school before I need to start plaiting. :)

nikicb

www.facebook.com
Nikicb - let us know how it goes. She did a clinic near us a few months ago but as of never done music it seemed like a big expense as a ‘toe-dip’. I’ll probablg regret it as we’re thinking of giving Ele FSM a go next year!

It was amazing! Such a talented lady. I couldn't make the East Soley one (which is the one I think you are referring to) as I was away, and have been trying to book into one ever since. I told Gaynor my music tastes (a little eclectic!!), and she picked three songs which, unbeknown to her, are on my playlist, but the instrumental versions obviously. I found it really useful having the music to help maintain rhythm etc. Then we worked on the floor plan - very little going round the edge for us as that causes too much inattentiveness, and canter towards the end. All in all a great experience, which seemed to go too quickly, even though Cassie was done by the end! Would definitely recommend. x

LPL

Visit site
First time I can contribute to this in months! Baby racehorse Pea off to his first intro dressage test. Same for us more about the outing than the dressage. This is the first horse I’ve ever had to get ready for something that has had white on it! But first, Christmas shopping this morning. Eurgh.

Northern

Visit site
Not realllyyy the weekend, but I am bringing baby TB to an eventing clinic next week :D Can't wait, we haven't been out in ages as she injured herself and had a couple of weeks off. She jumped brilliantly this week, so I am hoping we'll both enjoy ourselves :)

Enjoy your weekend everyone!

blood_magik

Visit site
Can I start off the results? :)

Raz was full of beans having been clipped after his physio session yesterday. We have a relatively new warmup routine so was pleased to feel him really come together a lot earlier than in previous sessions. No spooking today (!) but he was *very* forward and we ended up making a mistake in the second leg yield - bit of a sore point for us at the moment so will be doing lots of it before our ua championship outing next week.

Bit disappointed with 63.30 and 2nd but then I found out who the judge was and she’s known for being tough. Ended up with her for my other two tests as wells

Beau annoying felt like a plank of wood today so his test included a fair bit of trying to mask how much I was having to work to hold him together. No major mistakes this time but two or three minors which left us 3rd on 61.41 - happy enough with that given how awful it felt.

Then back on Raz for the third and final test. Had a silly spook at my dad heading up into the bleachers to video the test but then knuckled down and did a sweet enough test. He managed to get his tongue over the bit in the first counter canter so there were times he came BTV but overall I was pretty pleased - I’ve never managed to use my corners as well as today due to him normally being a spooky sod. ;)

66.41 and 1st place, which I think gives us the last of our regionals points. Looking forwards to having a quiet day at home tomorrow.

How did everyone else get on? :)

JFTDWS

Visit site
Well I don't have exciting plans as there doesn't seem to be very much going on locally (and I'm reluctant to trailer out for miles just for a bit of dressage). But I did school my little mare today and she was brilliant - she's getting the idea of working forwards and taking a contact, and when I asked her to step up her canter work, she really responded (which is great if I do end up playing her next season too). And I hacked the midget, which is always good fun.

Unfortunately Dae nipped her under her saddle when I was changing rugs around in the field so she'll be stuck being led out on a hack from Fergus tomorrow. Monstrous pony!

GTRJazz

Visit site
Tomorrow I will hack around Hadleigh Castle and in doing so will be probably the first horse around the equestrian track, although they probably have had good funding from the Lotto and Olympic committees to make one
Walked the first part today and it puts you right against the rail of the Southend to Fenchurch Street line with Express Trains going by. Hadleigh was the venue for 2012 down hill cycle race but it does have this one nod to Equestrians.

Bernster

Visit site
Great results BM, dressage diva �� Placing obv show the judge liked you albeit harsher on scoring.

Lovely to hear that your girl is going well JFTD. I bet she will come on in leaps and bounds, but hopefully all well contained ones!

Jump lesson went well. I was less nervous at the start which is a good sign. When they went up to 80 we had some blips, mainly as I stop riding when I'm anxious about the height, but we worked through it despite me feeling a bit sick! Pleased that we're back training at 80 after only a few lessons but I'm still very wobbly confidence wise and F picks up on that. We need a lot more practice. But my ins is great, so I'm confident we will improve.

Hoping to go for a bracing hack today as I'm a bit hungover and need waking up!

Asha

Visit site
well done BM great results

We've had a fab weekend. Went for the first outing on Friday, and Aria was fab, really calm and well behaved. After jumping clear in the first round, she took her eye off the course and had a look into the warmup arena as she was approaching fence 11,cue a crash into the fence, then re presented, and jumped too big and couldn't make the distance to the 2nd part of the double, resulting in elimination. Day off on the Saturday, so we fully clipped her out and let her have a day to think about it. Went back this morning, it was carnage ! So many coming off, poles everywhere. In the warm up, there was a rather frisky stallion that was jumping everywhere and took a bit of a liking to her. So the plan was to just school round, and if she had any problems to just call it a day. I just wanted her to come out confident. She went in, super calm and responsive and took it all in her stride. She only went double clear and came 2nd. I couldn't believe it. That was her first attempt at British Novice.

Going to go for a hack in the minute

attachment.php

LPL

Visit site
Some super results people, well done!

We had a fab day. Was expecting him to be a nob - first time in a warm up ring, first time with white boards etc. and he was a star from start to finish. We won our class (morally, I went wrong twice -6 marks. Doh) but ended up second anyway. Without error of course marks 66.5% which isn’t too shabby for a 4 year ex racer out of training for two months! Absolutely thrilled and such lovely comments.

80WNSqy.jpg

Snowfilly

Visit site
God, it was cold at the jumping today! First question: how many pairs of socks can you fit under your boots (three. All recommendations for warm boots gratefully received!)

I was on The little fjord again; a fortnight ago we had a steering failure and a stop respectively in the 80 and 90 so decided to do jump the same classes again today. 80 track was quite long and contained exactly the same line that we missed last time before setting off around the school for a lap!

So, jumped one and took a pull and this time we got the fairly tight turn and met fence 2 perfectly. Bowled around the rest really nicely for a clear. The jump off track was very long and really needed a horse you could pull up and turn quickly, cutting through the middle of the double for a good turn to 3. Having watched a kid on a tiny welsh treat it like a gymkhana race and go into the lead, and remembering what happened last time when we entirely missed the turn, I set off for a slow clear, although I threw caution to the wind for the last line an decided to see how fast fjords can actually go (surprisingly so!) and we sailed over the last two with great big chaser style leaps.

So, double clear and we were quick enough for 5th 7 DCs out of a starting field of 17.

Hurried into the 90 as it was getting colder and colder, and he was a bit stirred up from the jump off, running on and getting a bit forward. We managed the first 5, but things didn't work out down the double - cleared A, landed well out and he thought about taking off, I thought about another stride and we just stopped dead. Turned around and he popped it very sweetly and went clear round the rest.

Very pleased with my little borrowed draft pony and will be even happier when I've thawed out.

teach

Visit site
Well I’m One very proud owner! Bailey and Rebecca got 4th today, but more important than that is that he was a star all day. Loaded perfectly, travelled well and wasn’t phased by the warm up...
Couldn’t be happier!

Bright_Spark

Visit site
Busy one for me for a change. Took Matti to clinics on both Thursday and today. He was fab, worked really hard and kept his sensible head on! He is one of those horses who really enjoys his work and the more he does the better he is.

JFTDWS

Visit site
Lots of positive reports this weekend, some great results too.

Great work on the jumping, Bernster - if you're jumping 80 already, you'll have no bother next year!

Lovely to hear that your girl is going well JFTD. I bet she will come on in leaps and bounds, but hopefully all well contained ones!

Thanks - she's really sweet, to be fair. She has a lot to learn, but her attitude is super - she's very quick on the uptake. I had her doing walk piris yesterday and she was doing so well, I accidentally called her Fergus - unexpectedly high praise! I'm actually having to force myself to give her days off and not ride her all the time, which says it all really :D

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Millie moved into her retirement home today. Bit of a funny old day, I will miss having her on the yard and in fact as I left tonight I called "night Mills" but there was only Salty and Kira to answer me :eek:

But she's dead chuffed, having not really seen grass for weeks and now she's up to her fetlocks in OH's hayfield ;) She's got a HAPPA buddy for company who has also recently retired - it's really sweet as she's one I used to look after when I worked at HAPPA.
Separate paddocks for now but plan to stick them together in a week or so.

24174558_1765137406831095_8072102167481116980_n.jpg

Kira's in bits at the moment, as Salty has moved into Millie's box and is clearly not measuring up :D Kira keeps doing a turn of the stable, squealing indignantly and then attacking her haynet ;) Hopefully she'll get used to her new orange friend soon... she's got a lesson tomorrow so that'll take her mind off it!

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
she's not far away then :D

Frank is sounder than last visit, a bit fat :eek3: given he stopped eating a couple of weeks ago, and behaving like a full on welsh tit when his feet touch grass (why he still thinks I will allow that behaviour after 13 years is anyone guess). What he really wants to do is to get to the end of our river stretch (about half a mile of flat grass) swing round and blast off, this has never been permitted and definitely isn't when one doesn't canter very often and is likely to do oneself a mischief :p.
His best after the jog sideways was the pretend I'm scared scoot forwards to canter manouvere, because then I would of course allow him to continue cantering and not any tactical circles until an actual transition could be achieved.......

He enjoyed the christmas treats he won while being 200 miles away though. I knew those photos of him covered in tinsel would come in handy one day.

DirectorFury

Visit site
It sounds like everyone is going quite well at the moment then...! :)
Fingers crossed Millie settles well and Kira gets over the outrage of Salty next door soon MP.

Maddie was moved on Sunday and seems to have settled very quickly. She's being quite clingy to people which is a bit odd but as soon as she integrates into the herd I'm assuming she won't want to know me.
Gratuitous photo from when she came in for a check over earlier:
24171707_10155946387266882_1476241271_n.jpg

nikicb

www.facebook.com
Some super results from everyone - well done! Bernster, that sounds good - confidence is such a fragile thing, hard to gain and quick to lose, but it sounds as though you are building it back up ready for your 2018 Wobbleberry challenge. Good news about Frank, Ester, well the soundness bit anyway! :D

We had a great session with Jake Taylor on Saturday - it was a new venue for Cassie, even though it is the yard that I keep Cam at on grass livery, but she really doesn't care about much which is lovely for me. I have put a little snippet of video on our FB page: https://www.facebook.com/CassieCamCo/videos/987775941361433/ and here's a photo. She's gradually settling with the new bit and I think it's the right one for us at the moment.

sgo6tu.jpg

Asha

Visit site
It sounds like everyone is going quite well at the moment then...! :)
Fingers crossed Millie settles well and Kira gets over the outrage of Salty next door soon MP.

Maddie was moved on Sunday and seems to have settled very quickly. She's being quite clingy to people which is a bit odd but as soon as she integrates into the herd I'm assuming she won't want to know me.
Gratuitous photo from when she came in for a check over earlier:
24171707_10155946387266882_1476241271_n.jpg

oohhh, very nice. Cant beat a ginger with a white face. I don't think she will settle at all, send her to me, she will fit right in !

rosiesowner

Visit site
Lovely pics everyone. The past weekend has actually not been as rubbish as planned. Worked both days but if we ignore that fact and focus on the fact that the pony was a star schooling both nights after a week off it doesn't seem so bleak. A friend also invited us to join her daughter for some poshtrotting on the 10th which made my day :) A pic of her the other night just for the fact she is beautiful :)
24169747_862785657214416_840912264_o.jpg