RIP Fatty

ozpoz

Visit site
So very sorry, I loved reading about him - it seemed as if he was truly at home with you. Xx

Griffin

Visit site
I am so sorry to read this GS. Fatty always sounded like such a lovely boy and he was so lucky to have such a fantastic home.

BMA2

Visit site
He sounds a character...I'd love to know how he failed the vet and how long you had him etc.
He sounds great and I imagine his back story is equally awesome xx

shanti

Visit site
I'm so sorry for your loss. He sounds like he enjoyed a blessed and loved life with youxxxxx

palo1

Visit site
Thank you all for your kindness I will miss him ,I have just been and turned the others out down to three now we used to have ten.
He was booked to go next week I knew it was time he was coming to drink in the field when he saw me because the others where being nasty to him so I decided it was time it’s his stifle that was the main issue .
I am away from tomorrow morning sorting out the in-laws house sale .
Last night I went out at nine to turn them out and he was foot sore coming out the stable I kept him in with Blue for company and gave extra bute in the morning he had a little serum seeping round the coronet .
Gave more bute called the vet who sorted the huntsman and he was lightly sedated and shot .
It was time I said two years ago that he had to live with the others no more turnout on the track alone and that if he foundered I would PTS he’s had a great time he loves company .
Fatty was a very naughty boy you could not guarantee to lead him anywhere he felt the need to show you that leading was a matter of consent now and again .
I led him out go in his bridle just in case .
If there’s a heaven for horse ,would that not just be the best thing, he will there with the others now grooming them he loved grooming .

It is so sad to lose a much loved friend - he was a very lucky horse to have had love, care and understanding all his life and the right thing for him at the end. So sad for you though. x

Trouper

Visit site
Well if there are no horses in heaven then I'm not going (making a big assumption here;)). I expect to see all the ones I have loved and lost.

I am so sorry you have lost him - such big characters leave huge holes down here on earth. Remember the good times and that you could not have done more for him.

Annagain

Visit site
I'm sorry to read this GS. Fatty sounded like my sort of horse. Monty also did the autocorrect, I think it was half the reason nobody ever fell off him in his 23 year ridden career. They are the best ones, the ones who want to keep you safe.

hock

Visit site
He sounds absolutely flat out wonderful. But that’s the problem isn’t it, when you’re blessed with such an icon the hole they leave behind is huge. I really really hope we get to see all our precious horses/cats/dogs again. Na night Fatty x

Birker2020

Visit site
This afternoon my friend Fatty took his last trip out of the stable and over to the pastures in the Sky .
He was the naughtiest cheekiest ID ever bred the best gents hunter I have ever seen .
He came to us on trial and failed the vet his heart has in a dangerous condition I could not part with him he stayed and we managed to get him right it’s a long story .
He carried MrGS also well he had a special trick of landing over a fence checking that the rider was in the middle and hitching them into the middle if they where not , we called that ID auto correct .
We will miss him so much .
Sorry for your loss x