RIP Phoenix

deb_l222

Visit site
Sad news for this poor little fella. Wish they had euthanised him the day he was discovered though.

Yes, totally agree. It must be devastating for the staff that have got close to him but they should have let him go weeks ago.

Having seen dogs that have deliberately been set on fire and two GSDs that were burned with boiling water from a kettle, the pain is horrific and almost impossible to manage.

Supertrooper

Visit site
Yes, totally agree. It must be devastating for the staff that have got close to him but they should have let him go weeks ago.

Having seen dogs that have deliberately been set on fire and two GSDs that were burned with boiling water from a kettle, the pain is horrific and almost impossible to manage.

I’ve also nursed one cat and one dog who were deliberately scalded. Both did survive but with hugely invasive nursing and treatment. Both much less badly burnt than this wee chap

I don’t want to comment poor Phoenix’s case apart from to say my heart is with all the people involved in his care, especially those closely involved with the day to day looking after him because it is heartbreaking and exhausting both emotionally and physically and I really hope they manage ok moving forward and they get support

In 30yrs of nursing I have never, nor will ever forget the two I looked after. I couldn’t get my head round, nor can I still understand how anyone could do that to another living creature

Ratface

Visit site
And did the scum of the Earth perpetrators receive an appropriate legal punishment? I doubt it. I wonder what happened to them . . .?