Robinsons sale - am i delusional??

Ginge Crosby

Visit site
So i find things i want in the sale, add to trolley, and prices are different to the sale page.

eg 2 rugs, one is £10, one is £15, plus £4.95 postage. When i go to pay, total is £54.95.

Thought i'd leave it til later tonite to avoid the usual computer-crashing/payment going thru issues, but now i've got this glitch. Don't want to go thru the whole payment process, have them take too much money and have a struggle to get a refund. Have i actually missed the sale??

You Wont Forget Me

Visit site
We had the same problem on the phone!! placed order got to given payment details and they went through at full price!!! Also i dont know if anyone else noticed but most of the items in the sale catalouge are the same price they have just made up a more expensive 'was' price and made it look like its so much cheaper so watch out!!! Its not the case for all the items tho

Vodkagirly

Visit site
I had that issue in the last sale. Emailed them and was advised that the items I had choosen weren't in the sale it was like only the shetland version is the sale price...

jenz87

Visit site
Had real problems with them today, ive never used them before but there was a few things i wanted so....
All morning site kept crashing, but as expected really ..
but then coat i want the page didnt have a buy button so i emailed and they said thanks sent to it dept, will be up shortly, hrs later email again and try ringing for 2 hrs and no luck.
Eventually person on emails rang me back so i could make the order, and im glad they did as the coat still isnt "buy able"

Hope they all come in right sizes and colours :S

Ginge Crosby

Visit site
really peeved tbh - usually put up with the normal website hassles as there's usually some good bargains to be had.

Just dont understand why the total is different - in the trolley the cheaper prices show up, but the total looks like its for the original prices?? All i need are 2 4ft 3 rugs for new midgit pony, but prices on ebay for 2nd hands are bloody stupid, and now the robinsons sale palarva..... RANT. (apologies, i'm due to give birth on fri, seriously had enough of being preggy, could really do with a glass/bottle of wine, boiler is knackered and plumber doesnt seem to understand just how much i really really want a brimming hot bath.... :( ) ok rant over

competitiondiva

Visit site
haha, just got off their website after being very patient with the very very slow server seem to be on! Anyway thought £21 for a weatherbeeta genoa, yep i'll have that, £64 for a rhino wug turnout yep that too, on checkout the genoa was £34, the rhino £84!! The genoa if you just click on the colour the price jumps, try to click on the other colour and it says colour not available, so basically they do not have any (regardless of size) genoa's at the sale price quoted!!!!!??!?!?!?! mmmm

ABC

Visit site
I wanted the weatherbeeta light turnout for £21 but it comes up as £40-something so I didn't bother.

Tis a pain in the arse because I would have bought a fair few rugs in the sale but I'm sick of robinsons

I got a really snotty email once as I'd asked them if they could send me a spare catalogue to keep at the yard, If anything I thought they'd be grateful :rolleyes: :D

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
I got a really snotty email once as I'd asked them if they could send me a spare catalogue to keep at the yard, If anything I thought they'd be grateful :rolleyes: :D

We get four catalogues a season! One in my maiden name with Miss, one in my maiden name with Ms and one in my married name and one in my husband's name!! I've given up trying to get them to change it because they always say that they will and then all four turn up next time!

Brontie

Visit site
Don't get me started. It was an absolute palava this morning. I added things to my cart which it allowed me to do, I then went to purchase them. And I was told I couldn't have the requested amount, thus meaning someone must have taken it, from my cart. Then I went to pay, and it crashed, twice. I had no idea if it went through or not, it did, but I still ended up ringing to make sure. And products kept appearing and disappearing out of my cart. Not impressed.

muddygreymare

Visit site
I got really annoyed with them too.. Some items you click on, only a certain colour/size option of the item is actually in the sale and its really misleading, maybe that is whats happened to you?

I couldnt find much i liked this time, so just bought some tracksuit bottom type jodhpurs, and an uncle jimmy's licky thing, just because no tack shops round here sell them.

Hope you sort your problem out :)

Bobby Boy

Visit site
Well, I must of been in luck then, phoned them this morning and got through after about 15mins, everything I wanted was in stock so hopefully all good.

Bought 2 pairs of jod boots, pair of jods and a heavy weight turnout rug with a neck for 112 pound which I thought was good going:D

melxvengeance

www.facebook.com
They've got neoprene bell boots that says "now £5.00" added a pair to my cart, came to £7.00

the only thing i went on to actually buy was a set of buttons for my show jacket at 2.99, i don't want to pay £5 postage just for buttons so thought i'd have a nosey in the sale and everything in it is crap!!

roshah

Visit site
i had a problem with Robinson's too... they sent me the wrong colours in 3 pairs of jods (on sale at reduced price) ... then I ended up keeping them because they wanted me to pay P&P to have them sent back, and then pay P&P again for the new ones to be shipped out because I live in Northern Ireland! Extra P&P for Northern Ireland I can understand to an extent... but having to pay all the additional charges for their mistake?

I ended up just keeping the jods but I never, ever wear them as the colours aren't really my style.

horsegirl

Visit site
Quote de cuppatea
this.
If items are labelled at a specific price then you can demand that is all you pay.
No, you can't - as you don't technically enter into a contract until money and goods are exchanged.
Before that, it is just an 'invitation to treat' and not enforceable by law.
S

Exactly this. Where there is no stock available do you think that could possibly be because it has sold out? :)

SJcrazee

Visit site
Quote de cuppatea
this.
If items are labelled at a specific price then you can demand that is all you pay.
No, you can't - as you don't technically enter into a contract until money and goods are exchanged.
S

Exactly this. Where there is no stock available do you think that could possibly be because it has sold out? :)

I agree - it's the most misunderstood retail myth ever - the shop doesn't have to sell at a reduced price, they can just take the item off sale for 24 hours, most will honour a reduction though as goodwill, I will if the customer is nice and politely points it out - but if they are rude and pushy the item comes off sale!

winkles

Visit site
I bought field boots (not sale) from Robinsons and was charged £60, as quoted on the website. When they arrived, they were too big, so I called to order an exchange for a smaller size. They charged me £30(!?) for the new boots before going to refund me another £30, when I exclaimed that I had paid £60!

To their credit, they did give me a full refund plus charged the correct £30 for the different sized boots (I did have to pay return postage, but they sent the new boots out free (but only because the customer ref forgot to charge me)), but the fact they'd doubled the price on the website was outrageous. The price wasn't updated on the website before the boots went out of stock, which I did expect to see. The customer service staff had no idea that the boots were going for £60 online.

Had the first boots been a good fit, I would never have known :rolleyes:
Sorry Robinsons, never again!

Last edited:

Cuppatea

www.facebook.com
S :D

I agree - it's the most misunderstood retail myth ever - the shop doesn't have to sell at a reduced price, they can just take the item off sale for 24 hours, most will honour a reduction though as goodwill, I will if the customer is nice and politely points it out - but if they are rude and pushy the item comes off sale!

not necessarily, they can withdraw item from sale.

no, it is not enforcable by law, i never said that, but you can demand it, 9times out of 10 it works. I not long ago had £70 boots for £17 before because of an error on the internet and i questioned the change in final price from the advertised price. No price is final, i have had loads of discounts on things just by asking for one.
If you dont question the price you certainly wont get a discount, if you do question it, 9/10 you will.

Dancing Queen

Visit site
you can REQUEST the item be sold at that price, you cannot DEMAND it. The way a person asks or approaches the situation will determine the final outcome. If someone was to demand something from me i would politely decline, If someone was to request pleasantly then I would probably allow the reduction.

Do not assume that if you demand you will get - you might get something totally unexpected.

riding_high

Visit site
i haven't used rombinsons since they tried to con me into paying double, i ordered some things from them and paid by credit card, it took 2 weeks for the items to turn up and then a week later i had a letter saying that i owed them x amount (can't remember the amount now but was over £100), i contacted them and said i paid but they said the credit card company took the money back, i phoned CC company and they said they hadn't and the only way they would do it is if i had requested it, they sent me a copy of the transaction which i sent to robinsons but they refused to accept it.
basically it took a solicitors letter to sort it out after nearly 6 months.

niagaraduval

Visit site
Totally agree, I used to shop at robinsons for everything. Whilst always receiving what I order in good time, it's cheap sh ite ! The qualtity is awful, just imported cr @ p.

Definately do not shop there anymore. All they have is resquisite too which is crap because I normally look for known brands when I shop.

The sale section is crap, only stuff in sale is stupid colours or sizes otherwise it's FULL PRICE. Which makes you think you are getting it in the sale but it's only certain sizes and colours that are on offer.

Even DECATHLON is better now ! It has really gone up market, nice quality without the expensive prices.