Rolex Kentucky XC Results

FestiveSpirit

Visit site
Thanks for the links Katie... I was at Hartpury last night and walked past the lovely photo of Emma Jonathan....life can be so fragile, hope to god it is better news for Oli :(

teddyt

Visit site
Ive got it working now. horrible horrible fall. Hope hes ok

Is it just me or were amy tryons stirrups too long? She seemed to bump in the saddle quite a bit too. i will stand corrected if others think differently- im no 4* rider!

tiggs

Visit site
From BE website

Oliver Townend update
Oliver Townend had a fall at fence 20 on Ashdale Cruise Master going across country today at the Rolex Kentucky three day event.

Oliver was taken away by helicopter and was conscious and able to move when he left. He will remain in hospital for the time being; we will post updated information as we receive it.

Ashdale Cruise Master is being checked by the veterinary staff, at present the prognosis seems good.

Tinkle

Visit site
Fingers crossed as above. I have Eventing Nation, Chronicle of the Horse, OT's facebook page, OT's website, British Eventing and here open!

only_me

Visit site
Just seen that they have said that the frangible pin did not break with the impact of the fall and 2 other ones - surely thats the whole point of being a frangible pin?!

:eek:

Weezy

Visit site
Thanks JH - where? I am currently looking at the very fetching green and blue colours and logo, the sound is coming and going like they are testing microphones and nowt else. I have checked the event replays button on the right but it isn't listed :)

EventingMad

Visit site
Oliver Townend (Official) Oliver had a fall at fence 20 on Ashdale Cruise Master going across country today at the Rolex Kentucky three day event. He was taken away by helicopter and was conscious and able to move when he left. He will remain in hospital for the time being. Ashdale Cruise Master will be checked by the vets but initailly looks to be fine.

Just got this through on FB :)

Supertrooper

Visit site
Update on William fox pitts website saying that oli is conscious and cursing + swearing! Sounds like he's going to be fine thank god xx

Supertrooper

Visit site
It also says on william's website that if it's like oli he'll be riding tomorrow if he's allowed. I'd be very suprised if they let him though as he was knocked out.

3BayGeldings

Visit site
Thanks JH - where? I am currently looking at the very fetching green and blue colours and logo, the sound is coming and going like they are testing microphones and nowt else. I have checked the event replays button on the right but it isn't listed :)

Hey, its on here

http://www.universalsports.com/vide...entucky+equestrian+championship+cross+country

It isnt a live stream, its just like a video so you can move along the bar at the bottom to skip the first bit of blank screen, and you can pause it and all that jazz!

(Oli's second run begins at about 4 hours 36 mins in)

3BayGeldings

Visit site
you know what, watching back i can't help but think Oli was almost lucky not to land a bit further forward with his head hanging over the drop otherwise he could have had a broken neck. But then the alternative was the horse landing directly on his head of course..

SCFarm-USA

Visit site
I post over on News, but am VERY glad to see you guys all over this here!

I just wanted to say how sorry we are about your boy Oli. But the Lexington Hospital trauma unit is one of the best around and have have very successful outcomes with rotational fall accidents. He's getting the best of care.

Lexington also has a couple of the best equine practices in the world right there too, in case Cruise needs anything at all. Cruise looked dazed but not particularly hurt from what I saw, so I hope he is fine as well.

Everyone here in the US is pulling for Oli! So glad to hear he is so annoyed. What a great sign!

SCFarm

camilla4

Visit site
I post over on News, but am VERY glad to see you guys all over this here!

I just wanted to say how sorry we are about your boy Oli. But the Lexington Hospital trauma unit is one of the best around and have have very successful outcomes with rotational fall accidents. He's getting the best of care.

Lexington also has a couple of the best equine practices in the world right there too, in case Cruise needs anything at all. Cruise looked dazed but not particularly hurt from what I saw, so I hope he is fine as well.

Everyone here in the US is pulling for Oli! So glad to hear he is so annoyed. What a great sign!

SCFarm

Thank you!!! What you have to say is very reassuring - keep your fingers crossed for the boy!!

Thistle

Visit site
I heard the commentator calling for Neil Ashton to attend control.

I know there is a Neil Ashton who is a vet at Oakham dealing with performance horses so maybe they have their own vet with them.

This is WFP update Cool Mountain performed beyond all expectations today jumping clear inside the time. He got quite tired in the final 2 1/2 minutes but was so genuine and continued to jump on a true line all the way to the finish. I am so thrilled with him and am obviously very pleased to hold on to my lead however, with many top riders bunched in behind, it is sure to be a tight competition.

A sad foot note was team mate Ollie Townend took a heavy fall at fence 20 on Ashdale Cruise Master. He was knocked unconscious and was airlifted to Kentucky hospital. The good news is he has regained consciousness and is cursing and swearing so hopefully this means he is ok, much to the relief of us all here. Knowing Ollie he could well be back to ride ODT Master Rose in the show jumping tomorrow as he is lying well up there.

Cool Mountain appears to be in good shape this eve, Jackie is really happy with him and the pressure is definitely on for tomorrow.
A huge thanks to everyone for the kind messages.

meandmyself

Visit site
Just seen that they have said that the frangible pin did not break with the impact of the fall and 2 other ones - surely thats the whole point of being a frangible pin?!

:eek:

They only break if hit in a certain way- supposed to stop the horse rotating over onto the rider. It breaks the arc, making the horse fall straight towards the ground. From the pics, it looks like the horse fell after his shoulders were past the fence, in which case, the pin breaking wouldn't have done any good anyway.