RSPCA with out photos

MerrySherryRider

Visit site
An explanation of how you managed to arrive at that gem should be interesting!! :D:D

Alec.

It was your sentence, Alec. - [ I wonder, especially in canine cases, if Police Dog Handlers shouldn't have at least some input, from the viewpoint of suitable arrests. They would certainly be in a better position to judge than an rspca inspector, I would have thought.]

I was interested by your opinion that RSPCA inspectors, who are trained and animal welfare professionals where not as well able to judge animal cruelty cases than police dog handlers, who have no training or experience in animal welfare. Can just imagine a police dog handler turning up to decide if my dog, cat, chicken, snake or horse was neglected.

If your lack of confidence in the training of RSPCA inspectors is due to them being a charity, then why not question the expertise of the NSPCC, another charity but with considerably more power, particularly when we have social workers to protect children. Who do we have apart from charity animal welfare organisations to protect animals from abuse ?

dymented

Visit site
It was your sentence, Alec. - [ I wonder, especially in canine cases, if Police Dog Handlers shouldn't have at least some input, from the viewpoint of suitable arrests. They would certainly be in a better position to judge than an rspca inspector, I would have thought.]

I was interested by your opinion that RSPCA inspectors, who are trained and animal welfare professionals where not as well able to judge animal cruelty cases than police dog handlers, who have no training or experience in animal welfare. Can just imagine a police dog handler turning up to decide if my dog, cat, chicken, snake or horse was neglected.

If your lack of confidence in the training of RSPCA inspectors is due to them being a charity, then why not question the expertise of the NSPCC, another charity but with considerably more power, particularly when we have social workers to protect children. Who do we have apart from charity animal welfare organisations to protect animals from abuse ?

I do believe the NSPCC have no previous records of fabricating evidence ,bribing,lying ,intimidation, are not anti anything and have no political interest or financial gain what so ever also they have a governing body to answer to if anything goes wrong

Luci07

Visit site

Actually, it is my experience that the RSPCA are not trained to the level of expertise which seems to be inferred. I did help years ago with 2 abandoned Shetlands and the RSPCA officer had a very basic understanding of equine care. While I am not a fan of the RSPCA I don't expect them to have the level of knowledge of all animals. I would suggest the NSPCC has different issues to work with as well.

Fascinating, although sad post though. I am learning a lot from reading this.

honetpot

Visit site
You can not compare the workings of the NSPCC and the RSPCA. The government has put in place Safe Guarding Children, where even if sometimes it doesn't work as well as it should, Social workers, Family courts etc, are there protect the interests and welfare of children, https://www.gov.uk/childrens-services/safeguarding-children. They have rights and responsibilities and their actions are scrutinised, the NSPCC can not just turn up at house and demand a child and where social workers make mistakes they are held to account. The whole ethos of the NSPCC is about prevention and helping families not dragging parents through the courts whilst the RSPCA waits for an animal to be a deaths door before they will provide help, in fact they see providing help to an animal and its owner as a hindrance to prosecution.

Goldenstar

Visit site
Thank you honetpot.

I've done a bit of research, and it now seems that if the rspca, backed by Police support, succeed in confiscating dogs, then regardless of whether a criminal prosecution follows, or not, and if they do, then whether it's successful, or not, then the rspca have a legal right to keep the dogs. It seems that the owner, once deprived of his property, looses all right of ownership and regardless of the outcomes of any prosecutions. Surely this can't be right. Does anyone know, for certain?

Alec.

It was certainly not the case with horses when I was involved .

cptrayes

Visit site

Alec Swan

Visit site

cptrayes

Visit site
What a strange report, considering that it's a fortnight old, and that no resolve, or sentence was reached! I wonder if the charges were considered to be beyond the abilities of simple Magistrates, and should be heard by the Crown Courts.

How I would love to see the evidence that the prosecuting body are to put before the Court.

Alec.

It is normal to defer sentencing after conviction for three weeks pending probation reports. And to defer to combine cases held on different days with like offences.

However in this case, all that has happened is that the charges have been put to him and he has probably entered a plea, though he may not have done.

Last edited:

MerrySherryRider

Visit site
Even stranger is that he posts on HL on the 9th October that his court case is being heard but does not give details of where or what the case is. He then does not give further updates. It is possible to check current and past court cases on line by anyone interested enough.

dymented

Visit site
My, my, he is having a busy year at Boston Magistrates Court.
its a shame you didn't attend the Grantham hearing before the Boston one as ive sad before no one has been questioned regarding dog fighting or cruelty They charged me with some fabricated stuff as soon as we served them the court papers the rspca were ridiculed by the court because of what has happened they tried to pass it off on the police and the police tried to pass it off on the rspca it got adjourned i cant go in to detail as its now an active case but the charges they have brought are unfounded and untrue and only there to cover up the death and cruelty charges were served on them ( strangely not one of the dogs seized had been or needed treatment from the rspcas vet )

Alec Swan

Visit site
It is normal to defer sentencing after conviction for three weeks pending probation reports. …….. .

That would be so providing that the accused had been found guilty, as you of all people should know. He has been charged with offences to which he has pleaded Not Guilty. The case has been deferred until mid November, and as you will also know, there is little that can be reliably deduced until those who preside over the hearing reach a decision!

Alec.

cptrayes

Visit site
That would be so providing that the accused had been found guilty, as you of all people should know. He has been charged with offences to which he has pleaded Not Guilty. The case has been deferred until mid November, and as you will also know, there is little that can be reliably deduced until those who preside over the hearing reach a decision!

Alec.

Oh I think we can be reasonably certain that the RSPCA have got the evidence to convict, Alec, they have a 98 per cent conviction rate, after all :)

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
So adjourned for case management and setting of a trial date then which would be normal for a no plea/not guilty plea? So nothing to report really currently except OP has pleaded not guilty/witheld.

The alternative would be adjourned before sentencing so we wouldn't know anything yet either way.

cptrayes

Visit site
its a shame you didn't attend the Grantham hearing before the Boston one as ive sad before no one has been questioned regarding dog fighting or cruelty They charged me with some fabricated stuff as soon as we served them the court papers the rspca were ridiculed by the court because of what has happened they tried to pass it off on the police and the police tried to pass it off on the rspca it got adjourned i cant go in to detail as its now an active case but the charges they have brought are unfounded and untrue and only there to cover up the death and cruelty charges were served on them ( strangely not one of the dogs seized had been or needed treatment from the rspcas vet )

I was innocent, gov!

Of course you could always have timed your own case against the RSPCA to try to muddy the waters in their multiple cases of animal cruelty against you?

I think we all, you included, need to wait to hear the evidence now the case is so close to being heard.

dymented

Visit site
Even stranger is that he posts on HL on the 9th October that his court case is being heard but does not give details of where or what the case is. He then does not give further updates. It is possible to check current and past court cases on line by anyone interested enough.
That is because there is no date yet it was adjourned so they can decide how many days they will need in court as different people have holidays booked i do not have any dates as of yet . if you want ill pretend im an rspca inspector and make them up there good at that sort of thing but you will no all about that

MerrySherryRider

Visit site

But you were the defendant charged with a list of cruelty and neglect charges on different occasions. Your case was at Boston MC on 15th October. Are you referring to proceedings that you mentioned on the HL forum on the 9th October where alledgedly the RSPCA are being prosecuted by yourself ?

Your posts are evasive and vague at the best of times.

MerrySherryRider

Visit site
That is because there is no date yet it was adjourned so they can decide how many days they will need in court as different people have holidays booked i do not have any dates as of yet . if you want ill pretend im an rspca inspector and make them up there good at that sort of thing but you will no all about that

Ok. So nothing has happened with your 'prosecution'.

dymented

Visit site
We had served them with the paperwork and got a date to take them to court . The day before the court date i received in the post a list of fabricated charges both cases have been adjourned i do not have a date as of yet but when i do ill send you a message and or pay your bus fair so you can attend if you so wish so until i get a call or letter for the next date you no as much as me

FionaM12

Visit site
So the RSPCA threw together a list of totally fabricated charges in response to your case against them? And they've gone to court with not a scrap of evidence?

Should be interesting.

dymented

Visit site
So the RSPCA threw together a list of totally fabricated charges in response to your case against them? And they've gone to court with not a scrap of evidence?

Should be interesting.
they have no evidence only what they have fabricated to cover the death and neglect of the dog they took if the dog had not been killed i would have them back and no charges would have been fabricated its a well known fact the rspca lie , bribe and fabricate evidence use google it you will see

FionaM12

Visit site
they have no evidence only what they have fabricated to cover the death and neglect of the dog they took if the dog had not been killed i would have them back and no charges would have been fabricated its a well known fact the rspca lie , bribe and fabricate evidence use google it you will see

They must be very stupid and will obviously lose the case with no evidence. What do you think they hoped to gain by wasting the court's time in this way?

MerrySherryRider

Visit site

You mean like the dog put in a washing machine, the dog with a cross bolt in its head, the kitten with its face burnt off, the dog beaten to death, the dogs and cats abandoned and left to starve. All owners found guilty in court. Were these all lies by the RSPCA and police too ?

You have been charged with some very serious offences, so don't be surprised if some of us don't take you at face value.

dymented

Visit site
You mean like the dog put in a washing machine, the dog with a cross bolt in its head, the kitten with its face burnt off, the dog beaten to death, the dogs and cats abandoned and left to starve. All owners found guilty in court. Were these all lies by the RSPCA and police too ?

You have been charged with some very serious offences, so don't be surprised if some of us don't take you at face value.
I had no idea what they were going to try and charge me or if they were !! But it seems that every charge we laid against the rspca they have counter charged me with something relating to the offence we charged them with i can not go in to detail but here is one ( illegally seizing the 9 dogs ) now i have been charged with keeping 9 dogs for dog fighting yet not one received or required any treatment. i just hope the shoe is never on your foot merrysherryrider and i too could post 100s of reports about what the rspca have done wrong, look at claud the cat or the 87 year old that was forced to stand out side in the rain while they ransacked her house and seized all her animals putting 4 cats down right away due to neglect and cruelty they charged her with ( only to be found were in perfect health after an autopsy requested by her council ) They cocked up and they no it . They need to save face but that's in my opinion, Can you see them saying im sorry for what has happened to your sons dogs i do hope you wont take us to court we promises it wont happen to any one else