Rubber matting

JBM

Visit site
Hi! Does anyone use rubber matting and find any benefits? I have a 20 year old horse and worried about the hard surface in her stable being sore on her joints

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
I always have matting in my stables, at least at the front - for me it's primarily to give grip as i find stable floors at livery yards are often really smooth and shod horses can slip on them.

Reactions: JBM

HappyHollyDays

Slave to 2 cats and 2 ponies
Visit site
My boxes are fully rubber matted with full straw beds on top to encourage them to lay down. My Connie has hock arthritis and I found rubber mats with deep shavings over wood pellets didn’t work for him so switched him back to straw. He now has lovely poo marks on him most morning so I know he is resting properly.

JBM

Visit site
My boxes are fully rubber matted with full straw beds on top to encourage them to lay down. My Connie has hock arthritis and I found rubber mats with deep shavings over wood pellets didn’t work for him so switched him back to straw. He now has lovely poo marks on him most morning so I know he is resting properly.
Exactly what I want! I love when my girl lies down to sleep!

JBM

Visit site
Do you guys use normal rubber mats or the eva ones? The eva are softer but more expensive but told they wouldn’t be able to cover half the stable because they’re lighter and could move

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
we have mayo eva ones, with a space at the front of the stable (they've not moved forwards). I was actually totally against getting them (had had hard rubber on livery) but actually they are great (have a 22 and 28 year old) and I think warmer in the winter (we still have full beds/weekly deep litter)

Reactions: JBM

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
I've used both
I've currently got the normal heavy ones down. personally i prefer 34 or 44mm EVA just because they are so much lighter and easier to handle, I've moved yards with mine several times and i find if you get a good fit in the stable they don't move. but tbh either are fine.

JBM

Visit site
we have mayo eva ones, with a space at the front of the stable (they've not moved forwards). I was actually totally against getting them (had had hard rubber on livery) but actually they are great (have a 22 and 28 year old) and I think warmer in the winter (we still have full beds/weekly deep litter)
Like county Mayo?

JBM

Visit site
Looking at Eva mats 4ft by 3 ft and they only weigh 7.3kg so would have to cover the whole stable ?

lynz88

Visit site
I have EVA mats and has held up well which I got from horsemats plus. My guy was constantly cutting and scraping himself prior to getting the mats.

JBM

Visit site
For a 16 hand horse how many mm would I need. Are these mats any good?

Attachments

• 6836BE75-419F-4937-9798-F1713B78854B.png
    6836BE75-419F-4937-9798-F1713B78854B.png
    1,004 KB · Views: 10

JBM

Visit site
Thanks for all the replies going for the Mayo mat 32mm..which funnily enough is coming from county Mayo. Getting slightly cheaper as I’m getting production seconds and only getting 4 to cover most of the stable leaving a gap at the front and I’ll put in a small board to keep the mats from slipping forward