Sad day - goodnight my princess, goodnight my thomas

indie999

Visit site
oh this is so sad but know its doing the right thing, my friend had two PTS this year at same time as they had been together for many years in retirement.

They look really well cared for and will think of you all tomorrow. Be brave for them have been reading the posts too, you are so supported on herexxx

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(so sorry just beautiful ponies tragic you have to lose both together

may i ask whats wrong with them??

Diamond was very lame ( all over ) vet said bute as prob arthritis. I put her on Flexijoint by equimins she is now 95% sound just a little stiff mornings and can still do sponored rides

Last edited:

Paddy Irish

Visit site
So sorry you have to make this hard decision , they have been friends together in life and shall be going together to the rainbow bridge , what a kind loving person you must be to take on all that heartache , by letting thier souls run free , forever together. God bless you...

brighteyes

Pooh-Bah
Visit site
Heartbreakingly sad news and I hope tomorrow goes quickly for them both. You aren't having a brilliant time of it at all and I wish you some good luck very soon x

It's the really hard part of having horses...

JosieB

Visit site
Can only echo what others have said, so so sorry they look wonderful and so happy together. Will be thinking of you tomorrow x

Gleeful Imp

Visit site
:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(so sorry just beautiful ponies tragic you have to lose both together

may i ask whats wrong with them??

Diamond was very lame ( all over ) vet said bute as prob arthritis. I put her on Flexijoint by equimins she is now 95% sound just a little stiff mornings and can still do sponored rides

Whisper basically has a totally knackered fetlock - massive cartlidge trauma as a 4 year old, basically she doesn't have any. Joint has deteriorated significantly last 4 weeks or so. Amazing she's managed 10 years.

Tom has arthritic changes in his knee - his knee looks like it has handlebars growing out of it (I'm afraid that isn't an exaggeration). Joint has fused but very limited movement.

He is devoted to her, they are like an old married couple, kindest thing to let them go together. I'm in bits though.

babymare

Visit site
my darling sweetheart yes you will be in bits and i honestly can not feel what you are going through now - but hey look in the mirror and look at what looks back at you - a pure caring loving mum who as put her feeling aside for the thoughts of her horses- leave one with out the other would have caused stress hurt - so you are giving your friends the best you could ever do - you are so so brave so so caring and what a lovely mum you are - 2 beautiful ( and yep they are beautiful ) horses waiting for you at the bridge to cross - ok cry grieve and give time but then mmmm most of all when time allows remember the happy times - my arms round you my thoughts with you - be proud hun as many couldnt do what you are doing - so un selfish xxxxxxx in my thoughts xxxx

teresagarsden

Visit site
So sorry to hear your news, but its a brave thing that you do making the choice to let them go with dignity.
Hugs for you tomorrow.
Teresa

Oldenburg

Visit site
Aww i am really sorry for you!! Its very hard but your doing the best thing for them i and they will thank you for it!!

I lost my Thomas on the 31st september 2010 and i still cry everyday about him!!

Be strong and my thoughts will be with you tomorrow!!

Massive hugs (((HUGS)))

Spellbound13

Visit site
Im so sorry to hear about this.
it is very tough but it is for the best
I know exactly what you are going through. I had my Oliver put to sleep on tuesday. he had been suffering from Laminitis for 4 years and this last month suddenly developed it in his hind feet and could no longer stand up and that was on 4 bute.

I was there all the way with him and he passed on so peacfully and beautifully, when he was sedated he looked so relived and like all the pain had been taken away.

If youd like someone to talk to then im here for you.

Best fo luck, stay strong and possitive, I kept telling Oliver I was going to take away his pain so he could gallop amoungst the stars xxx

Fantasy_World

Visit site
I can only repeat what others have already said. I feel for you and I feel your pain. It is never an easy decision to make, to make that last selfless act we can do for our horses. I think you are right in letting them go together if they are so devoted and both have major mobility issues. While there is a chance that one of them may have coped without the other in time, there is also the chance that the one left behind may have been distressed if they were so devoted and become withdrawn and suffered stress. Only you can make that decision to pts and I strongly believe it is the correct one. Both can now pass over to the other side in dignity and together. They both look wonderful in the photos and they had a very loving mum by the look of it. A mum who not only cared for their daily needs but also thought long and hard about making sure they did not suffer in the long term. I wish more people had your outlook on life and did the right thing by their horses.
Big hugs for today (( )) Be brave and take heart that you are doing right by your beautiful horses.
Take care x

JoJo_

Visit site
Sad to hear this but sounds like you've made the right decision. If only they could live as long as we do. I hope all goes well tomorrow. RIP ponies.

merrymeasure

www.winningpost-art.co.uk
Oh, I am so sorry. They look absolutely beautiful. Such a hard decision, but you're doing the right thing. Having just lost my beautiful boy, I know how you feel. Try and think of all the sweet memories You and your beautiful ponies are in my thoughts. Rest in Peace you two, your Mum loves you and always will xx

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
:( i hope it goes really smoothly and peacefully

I stayed with Biscuit No1 right to the end she lay down then with injection fell peacefully to sleep in my arms .Such a dignified way to go . RIP Whisper& Tom may your souls become one RIP:(

Ladyinred

Visit site
What a brave and selfless person you are to let them go together. ((hugs)) and I hope it all goes as smoothly and quietly as is posssible.

unbalanced

Visit site
I hope it all goes as easily as it can today. What a kind owner you are. I hope I am as brave as you. Lucky ponies, they will look after each other.
Hugs xxx

jezabell

Visit site
I do not know your circumstances regarding your ponies,but to me they look the picture of health.I do not understand sorry