Sarah Moulds

palo1

Visit site
Think you’ve misunderstood me , I wasn’t saying I thought Rspca had a reason just that they’d grab any opportunity. I hunted all my life and if I wasn’t old and knackered would still be trail hunting now !

Apologies - I think I did misunderstand you. Thanks for clarifying that. I am sure the RSPCA ARE guilty of politically motivated actions and that is a disservice to their fundamental role sadly.

Velcrobum

Visit site
Apologies if this has already been posted, playing the victim here and I for one feel she would have been better advised to just go home quietly and hope the dust will settle. And count herself lucky she got away with blatant animal abuse.

That was very me me me.
I watched the original video release in full , at least all that was put on-line, someone on a quad bike who was almost certainly hunt staff approached her post the "incident" and she was clearly in a rage (facial expression) then clearly mouthed "Fu** O** to that person.
If I were a parent of a child under her care would I be happy NO as she apparently has anger issues.
If I had an equine in her care would I be happy with her care as shown NO for the same reasons.

Nancykitt

Wester Ross, the beautiful NW coast of Scotland
Visit site
Does anyone know the details of the 'sacking'? She may have been dismissed from the school where she worked, but unless she has a prohibition order from the Teacher Regulation Agency she can always get another teaching job.

Had she been found guilty, the TRA would almost certainly have issued a prohibition order, which means that she would never have been able to get a job teaching (or even working with children).
As far as I know, she hasn't been referred to the TRA so can be employed by another school.

Clodagh

Visit site
That was very me me me.
I watched the original video release in full , at least all that was put on-line, someone on a quad bike who was almost certainly hunt staff approached her post the "incident" and she was clearly in a rage (facial expression) then clearly mouthed "Fu** O** to that person.
If I were a parent of a child under her care would I be happy NO as she apparently has anger issues.
If I had an equine in her care would I be happy with her care as shown NO for the same reasons.
I haven’t seen that but but I’m glad to hear that at least someone present seems to have had the presence of mind to tell her to wind it in.

MiJodsR2BlinkinTite

Slopping along on a loose rein somewhere in Devon
Visit site
I find the video above totally nauseous.

Crocodile tears is not appropriate and is way OTT. Best to wind neck in and keep mouth shut in the circumstances.

That said, what she did we've all of us - sadly - seen happen at ANY show, pleasure ride, hunt meeting, race meeting or whatever - over behind the horseboxes when someone's trying to get an equine into a box/trailer and it just doesn't want to oblige. And did we go across and say this isn't acceptable? No we didn't.

And don't think I have any sympathy for Ms Mould, coz I don't. She's obviously hard as nails and totally unrepentant - and if this is what she's prepared to do in public to a pony then god help anything of hers in private. Her problem is that she was videoed whilst doing it. Now she's got to get herself off the hook.

Meanwhile poor old broken-down horses at the end of their lives and who should be decently PTS with dignity after giving good service are being advertised for just-more-than meat money because someone somewhere "can't bear" to make a decision and/or want to make a bit of cash out of it............ where they then get snapped up by greedy dealers who bung a bit of bute in and sell them on as "Riding Club" horses........

"Cruelty" takes many forms. The horse world is pretty pits at times.

Nancykitt

Visit site
I'm struggling to find it now, but IIRC her contract with her school was described as being ended 'by mutual consent' not long after the video came out.
Thanks for this - so she hasn’t actually had her career ruined? She can go for a job in another school. Maybe some might not be keen to employ her, but others will. Ridiculous that she was giving the impression that her whole working life had been ruined.

AdorableAlice

Visit site
I find the video above totally nauseous.

Crocodile tears is not appropriate and is way OTT. Best to wind neck in and keep mouth shut in the circumstances.

That said, what she did we've all of us - sadly - seen happen at ANY show, pleasure ride, hunt meeting, race meeting or whatever - over behind the horseboxes when someone's trying to get an equine into a box/trailer and it just doesn't want to oblige. And did we go across and say this isn't acceptable? No we didn't.

And don't think I have any sympathy for Ms Mould, coz I don't. She's obviously hard as nails and totally unrepentant - and if this is what she's prepared to do in public to a pony then god help anything of hers in private. Her problem is that she was videoed whilst doing it. Now she's got to get herself off the hook.

Meanwhile poor old broken-down horses at the end of their lives and who should be decently PTS with dignity after giving good service are being advertised for just-more-than meat money because someone somewhere "can't bear" to make a decision and/or want to make a bit of cash out of it............ where they then get snapped up by greedy dealers who bung a bit of bute in and sell them on as "Riding Club" horses........

"Cruelty" takes many forms. The horse world is pretty pits at times.

Which is where the RSPCA should have targeted the funds they used to expose Moulds.

Birker2020

Visit site
Thanks for this - so she hasn’t actually had her career ruined? She can go for a job in another school. Maybe some might not be keen to employ her, but others will. Ridiculous that she was giving the impression that her whole working life had been ruined.
Unbelievably she is back teaching according to The Daily Fail. Not only am I flabbergasted that she's working with children again, I'm even more surprised this took place before she even went to court.

Last edited:

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
Unbelievably she is back teaching according to The Daily Fail. Not only am I flabbergasted that she's working with children again, I'm even more surprised this took place before she even went to court.

There is absolutely no legal reason why she shouldn't. And as drivers who have given a positive breath test can drive until there is a court case to say they can't, I can understand why she has been teaching prior to the hearing. Drink driving is far more dangerous than her poor handling of a pony.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
There's a huge gap on this thread between people who think there's a huge gulf between behaving like that with a pony and behaving like that with a child inside a school environment, and those who don't.

I think she's being very unwise, it's not beyond the power of social media keyboard warriors to get her out of the new job.

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
The 'bringing the profession into disrepute' argument is quite interesting hypothetically....if we say that she had brought it into disrepute with the actions caught on camera, which aspect of those actions is it?
1. The loss of temper? (Plenty of that about in all sorts of settings)
2.The violence against an animal? (What then about teachers who shoot or fish for example?)
Or
3. The fact that she was subject to highly publicised legal proceedings?

I suspect that it is only the last that would stand up employment law-wise, but I should think it is the other two that people are really bothered by.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
It's parent power that will now decide whether she is able to remain in teaching. There is no legal reason why she should not be able to teach, but if her presence in a school causes a ruckus she may well prove to be a liability.

As I posted earlier on, I would not permit her to teach a child of mine. If the school said tough, she's your child's class teacher, like it or lump it, I would remove my child from that school. Her behaviour post verdict reinforces my poor view of her, she seems to be thoroughly unpleasant.

KatWuh

New User
Visit site
Does anyone know the details of the 'sacking'? She may have been dismissed from the school where she worked, but unless she has a prohibition order from the Teacher Regulation Agency she can always get another teaching job.

Had she been found guilty, the TRA would almost certainly have issued a prohibition order, which means that she would never have been able to get a job teaching (or even working with children).
As far as I know, she hasn't been referred to the TRA so can be employed by another school.
The TRA process is lengthy so just because she hasn't been issued with a prohibition order now doesn't mean it's not in process. Especially as members of the public can make a referral; doesn't just have to be an employer who dismisses.

Nancykitt

Visit site
The TRA process is lengthy so just because she hasn't been issued with a prohibition order now doesn't mean it's not in process. Especially as members of the public can make a referral; doesn't just have to be an employer who dismisses.

True, but not many of the referrals result in a prohibition order if it's something that's not directly related to teaching (ie, misconduct as a teacher whether or not anything illegal has taken place) - unless the law has actually been broken.

The exception seems to be stuff related to inappropriate relationships with younger people; eg, I know of someone who was 'struck off' because he was in a relationship with a 17 year old even though she had gone to a different school (as in, not the school where he was a teacher). Nothing illegal, but the risk was felt to be too great.

I'd be surprised if this particular case resulted in a prohibition order given that it's been through court. But nothing is certain...

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
True, but not many of the referrals result in a prohibition order if it's something that's not directly related to teaching (ie, misconduct as a teacher whether or not anything illegal has taken place) - unless the law has actually been broken.

The exception seems to be stuff related to inappropriate relationships with younger people; eg, I know of someone who was 'struck off' because he was in a relationship with a 17 year old even though she had gone to a different school (as in, not the school where he was a teacher). Nothing illegal, but the risk was felt to be too great.

I'd be surprised if this particular case resulted in a prohibition order given that it's been through court. But nothing is certain...
I, too, would be surprised but she would do better to keep her mouth shut now and let people forget about her.

Visit site
If I am honest I feel that the social media witch hunt surrounding the case was out of order, some taking it too far with the comments.

I do feel if she had been.. Say at a competition or something and done the same thing, sure there would be some outcry but it does seem that because it was at a hunt it had been used to make people who hunt look like horrible people and has had a hand in how some view the incident.

It to me seemed a moment of madness or frustration.. Coulda happened to anyone was she wrong to kick and hit the horse.. Sure.. Does she deserve the crap she is getting on social media for it? No.. Does she deserve not only to lose her job but to lose the chance to again work in her profession? No, does she deserve to be harassed by keyboard warriors the rest of her days? No... Some are acting like she murdered children.

Also why was she even being filmed? Imagine if she hadn't have done what she did.. Someone would have still been filming her.. I do have my theory but will keep quiet about it

Blanche

Down the road,up the hill,second gate on the left
Visit site
Are you perchance a friend DD B.? Saying it could have happened to anyone is absolutely not correct. I for one have NEVER punched a horse anywhere on its head, or body for that matter. If I had seen it at a show I would have called it out too, I have in fact done so in the past. Trying to make out she is the victim is disingenuous. Punching, kicking and hitting anything, human or animal does not teach them anything but to be afraid of the one dishing it out. Tell her she needs to chill on the ‘ woe is me ‘ act, we’re not buying it.

maggiestar

Visit site
If I am honest I feel that the social media witch hunt surrounding the case was out of order, some taking it too far with the comments.

I do feel if she had been.. Say at a competition or something and done the same thing, sure there would be some outcry but it does seem that because it was at a hunt it had been used to make people who hunt look like horrible people and has had a hand in how some view the incident.

It to me seemed a moment of madness or frustration.. Coulda happened to anyone was she wrong to kick and hit the horse.. Sure.. Does she deserve the crap she is getting on social media for it? No.. Does she deserve not only to lose her job but to lose the chance to again work in her profession? No, does she deserve to be harassed by keyboard warriors the rest of her days? No... Some are acting like she murdered children.

Also why was she even being filmed? Imagine if she hadn't have done what she did.. Someone would have still been filming her.. I do have my theory but will keep quiet about it
The fact that she was being filmed is neither here nor there. Whatever we may think of sabs (and I don't love them) it's entirely her problem that she was caught on film being violent to a horse. Hopefully she will learn to curb her temper in future.
Yes, social media witch hunts are vile and they're often led by pious hypocrites, but I suspect Sarah could have handled this better by showing some remorse. Maybe she could have turned it into something positive by learning about anger management and self control around animals.

Last edited:

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
No theories needed, it's routine for sabs to film hunts that they believe are breaking the law.
But the Hunt wasn't breaking the law, if they had been that would certainly have been well-publicised, and the Sabs weren't likely to find any fox- hunting round parked trailers and boxes. So why were they filming there? They filmed the child attempting to load the pony before SM touched it.

Clodagh

Visit site
Much as I loathe the term whataboutery I think it applies here. Sabs film hunts, it’s what they do. No, they shouldn’t film and intimidate children, but that’s also what they do. It’s illegal but so commonplace it has become accepted.
So the filming was wrong but that doesn’t undo the woman was stupid and even more stupid to say ‘there’s another side to the story’. Who’s? The pony’s? 🤦‍♀️

stangs

Visit site

So, D. D. Braithwaite, author of a ‘gripping’ romantic drama between an anti and a fox hunter, are you here because you’re a friend of hers (in which case, you ought to know that the best way to help her is not to fuel the fire), or are you here because you’re mining content to inspire your next novel?

Regardless, if you think punching a horse on the face in a moment of madness could happen to anyone, I sincerely hope the closest you get to a horse is in a book.

Mrs. Jingle

Visit site
D D Braithwaite, your 'friend' needs to count her lucky stars that she had the financial back up to hire lawyers with enough chutzpah to get her off with an apparently cut and dried case of animal abuse, has already found herself new employment and is now openly courting the media herself.

I think some humility and even a smidgen of regret for her shocking and vile show of temper and animal abuse might have been wise. Her only regret she has publicly said is that she got caught in the act and it caused HER inconvenience and distress!

This dreadful woman needs to back away from the nauseating and sniveling victim act. Keep her mouth shut and her head down. She is her own worst enemy. And she wouldn't be getting within an inch of teaching a child of mine that's for sure.

Welcome to the forum.