Sarcoid's or Warts? Treatments and options.

meleeka

Visit site
Meleeka why would you worry more if it was one? All the thinking on sarcoids I've seen and been told is that multiples are the problem, not singles.

Juvenile warts tend to come up in clusters, whereas I think sarcoids tend to pop up singularly, even if you do end up with multiples eventually.

Squeak

Visit site
The aural plaques may come and go a bit but they are very often there for life. I once had a vet on the forum tell me they were incurable and argue with me when I said I had seen them disappear.

Thanks YCBM, that had always been my approach to them but they seem to have become a bit more painful for him over the last couple of months which is why I though maybe I could do something to help him. I've changed the way I put on his bridle and headcollar to accommodate for it so it sounds like I'm best just to leave it at that and wait and see what happens.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
I bought a clip on browband for my last one. I also discovered that he would allow me to put the bridle on without undoing it if I pushed his ears back with the headpiece but not if I used my hand to push them forwards. They aren't dangerous, just annoying!

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Juvenile warts tend to come up in clusters, whereas I think sarcoids tend to pop up singularly, even if you do end up with multiples eventually.

That is true but juvenile warts disappear with age and aren't sarcoids. If we talk only about sarcoids I have always read and been told that multiples are much more of a problem than single ones.

Unfortunately, the OP's horse currently has at least ten there, which should be an automatic no on a vetting unless the price was rock bottom. A single would likely be a yes with a £500 price reduction.

Fingers crossed his immune system get on top of them.

meleeka

Visit site
That is true but juvenile warts disappear with age and aren't sarcoids. If we talk only about sarcoids I have always read and been told that multiples are much more of a problem than single ones.

Unfortunately, the OP's horse currently has at least ten there, which should be an automatic no on a vetting unless the price was rock bottom. A single would likely be a yes with a £500 price reduction.

Fingers crossed his immune system get on top of them.

My comment at the time was in reply to the OP who had a 4 year old with lots of small wart like growths, which could have been juvenile warts, but yes if they are sarcoids, more is definitely worse. My point was that multiples like that were likely not to be sarcoids, not that multiple sarcoids weren’t as bad.