Saw this video of Imperial Horse dealers on face book :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

FionaM12

Visit site
Ah. Saw this on the thread on Comp Riders:

"We at 'Imperial Equines' based in West Sussex would like to officially state that we have NEVER had any involvement whatsoever with 'IMPERIAL HORSES LTD' and have had no association with them at any point. We feel a need to clarify our position as we unfortunately have a very similar name, in view of what has recently come to light. We hope this clears up any confusion that may have been caused by recent issues involving 'IMPERIAL HORSES LTD'.

Regards Sam Adams and Jodi Paris Streeter @ 'Imperial Equines'."

Palindrome

Visit site
That's where I bought my mare, little soul was very likely doped when I went to see her (very lame when she was delivered). I love her to bits though and didn't have the heart to send her back.

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
I don't understand why a dealer would do this to a horse?

Surely you would want it rideable so that it can be sold easily at a higher price?

It would have been rideable. Just beaten in to submission, and not started with any sort of skill or empathy. Then someone else would have had to have picked up the pieces somewhere else down the line.

lucindakay

Visit site
oh i went there awhile ago to get a baby after we lost my previous horse, i tried him once and really liked him, wanted to try again a week later so we set on our way we heard traffic was bad, so left earlier but with no need as there really wasn't much traffic, we called and said we would come about an hour and a bit early, when we got there they were already riding the horse i came to try, i don't know if anyone else does this but when i try horses i don't like them being completely tired out i like to find out what they are really like, i assume they had done the same the week before as he was very lazy and obviously unfit because he was only just 4. poor boy

Palindrome

Visit site
What happened to her? do you still have her? (wanting a happy ending!)

Yes, she is my little dressage pone ;), mostly happy hackers though. I have had her for a bit more than 2 years now. I have taken her barefoot and she is now sound, although I don't think she would be able to be worked heavily. She was terrified of jumps and she will now pop little jumps for fun out on hacks. It was a bumpy road and I would definitely advise people to buy from a reputable seller and have all checks done, but she is my first horse and I didn't know any better.

This picture was taken this Summer at the only local show we made (lack of transport):

9d6b1ec6-1.jpg

JustKickOn

Visit site
Interesting the link to the horsemart page, 8yr old filly?! That and the video... :eek: think their names need to stay on here and be made well known so people can avoid them. What a bunch of cretins.

diluteherd

Visit site
I went to view a WB mare must have been late 2008/09, I went young, blinkered and naive.

The mare was pretty much blind in one eye (I didn't know this until the vetting)and had a boxed hoof they tried to pass off as poor farrier work and would eventually come right.

Upon getting her vetting it also showed up as she had need several foals so evidently must have been a broody till they had her.

It was very lucky I had the vetting done, I was several hundred down as had put a deposit down on her as well as they said they had a family coming to see her the next day and were coming with a trailer.

I think the worse thing I remember is there was a dark bay horse absolutely skin and bone, it was a freezing day and it had no rug on, I kick myself every time I think of the poor thing as I should have made an offer and taken the chap home :( I did in the end buy a similarly underweight boy who i still have today :)

Amaranta

Visit site
Not new I'm afraid, IH belongs to the cackling witch and LLF belongs to her boyfriend :mad:

Having said that, I am in no doubt that these two low lifes will surface under different names (again!) at some point, we all need to be vigilant, that way it will not be so easy for them this time.

M_G

Visit site
Paul also has Wixstone stud which is on the same yard as the video.. Lower lodge farm, Upton he has been running a stud & dealing yard for many many years from there & is known locally as a shyster

Status
Not open for further replies.