saxon value equileather long riding boots; any good??

el_Snowflakes

Visit site
Hi all just thinking about ordering these boots (without the laces) as they appear to be great value. Have any of you had these? I'm worried incase they look 'cheap'. They dont have to last forever, i just need a pair for wearing to local shows etc.

Dizzydancer

Visit site
will be interested in replies as i was looking at getting these for the same as you, loca shows/dressage so will only be used for that. i have some toggi boots that were meant for showing but i wear them everyday so now worn in!!

el_Snowflakes

Visit site
will be interested in replies as i was looking at getting these for the same as you, loca shows/dressage so will only be used for that. i have some toggi boots that were meant for showing but i wear them everyday so now worn in!!

i thought they were leather but just realised they are not :( for that price tho, i would still be interested to see what they are like! :D

ebonyallen

Visit site
Have seen these in local shop, and must say they do not look at all bad, they are very soft to the touch,but do not know how long they would last but for the money they seem good value.

dafthoss

Visit site
I have seen them and tried a pair on and they were comfy but they were to wide for me so I didnt buy them. So I'm not sure how they wear but they look good when new.

skint1

Visit site
My daughter has a pair, they don't look that fake to me and as this is the 2nd pair she's had I guess she must like them (1st pair lasted a couple of years)

Funkyfilly024

Visit site
Ive had the long in jumping and feild boot variety, got regular but they are too wide i think... however im quite slim and I would say for most of us horse riders boots being too narrow is normally an issue ! So if you have found the other alternatives eg, Toggis value ones too narrow, give these a try, they are well shaped eg, for a calves, not just up and down, and zip up.
Ooh and they have spur rests !

muddypony

Visit site
i have these. they don't look cheap at first but they feel quite stiff and after a few wears (only on special occasions) the equileather has got scuffed and the marks won't cover up :(
also, i am 5'9, have longish legs but always find long boots too long and narrow. i got a size 8 short (regular width) and the height is fine as is the width around my calf apart from at the very top where they are very gappy which i think ruins the picture and people have commented on them saying they look too big. also, the actual foot is quite big, wide and clompy and not very elegant if you get what i mean! if you try them on and don't have a problem with these 2 things i would say they are fairly decent boots as long as you don't wear them much as i don't think they will survive much wear, but personally i won't buy them again.

cob&onion

Visit site
I have the field boot version of these (the laced ones) have had them a few months now but havent gotton round to wearing them as my mare has been out of work for the past 3 months :( have to say they look very smart and fit well. I had the saxon gaiters which lasted me a good year of everyday riding.

sidesaddlegirl

www.sidesaddlegirl.co.uk
I was going to buy a pair of these once. Tried them on in the tack shop and they were wonderfully long on me (I'm 5'9") and fit my "wide" 15 1/2" calf nicely but then the zipper broke in the tack shop!! They weren't even tight on me and the tack shop lady helped me on with them so not as if I even forced them. So I wouldn't buy a pair if they break in the tack shop!

CeeBee

Visit site
My daughter also had the short lace up boots and despite having hardly worn them, they looked very scruffy very quickly. I wouldn't buy again as false economy.

amage

Visit site
I hate them...went to try them on one day and didn't even bother when they brought them out as they felt so horrible. My local tack shop has since stopped carrying them as nearly every pair they sold were returned

Kat

Visit site
Wouldn't pay that money for plastic boots! I'd save a bit more and buy leather which will last much longer, look better, fit better and feel nicer. Shires or toggi do reasonable leather boots that look ok.

Blue Rider

Visit site
These are NOT plastic boots, there a synthetic leather that is a world away from the cheap stuff!

I have a pair and use them daily, can't fault them in anyway whatsoever.
First pair lasted 26 months, now on my second pair and proving just as good.

My tip for the best use of these boots is to get a good coat of polish on them, prevents any scuffing and enhances the showing appearance if thats your forte.
Lastly, Saxon are great with customer service, I have known a fellow rider to break the zip and top stud with poor handling, couldn't fault Saxon for the speed of replacement.

Kat

Visit site
Synthetic leather may not look quite as awful as the old rubber boots but it is still sweaty plastic. Your last pair lasted 26 months, says it all, I paid fifty quid for a brand new pair of long loveson leather boots they have been my smart boots/spare boots for most of the 11years I have owned them, the uppers are in great shape they have been resoled once but as they have leather soles that is very good. They have been worn for competitions, lessons, and hacking including light stable jobs like catching grooming and tacking up.

Jingleballs

Visit site
Rubbish boots. I bought a pair and the zip burst first time I tried them on. Got them exchanged and same thing happened.

I got a pair of toggi boots for Christmas for similar price and find them good value and have had no issues.

navaho

Visit site
Ive looked at them as our local feed store stocks them, i personally thought they looked dreadfully cheap & nasty, more so than rubber riding boots.

aoifed

New User
Visit site
Avoid! I had the short pair which is used for everyday riding and they fell apart after 2 months from very little wear (I changed out of them after i rode and untacked etc). Even worked in a tack shop and all staff said the saxon were shocking! Theres a reason they're cheap. I was gutted too!

aoifed

New User
Visit site
Mine fell apart after...get this...6 weeks. Would the replace them? No. Apparently I over-used them as there was evidence of mud in the cracks..

avoid them like the plague! and mud in the cracks? of course there was gonna be mud! they're riding boots! how clean to they expect yards to be lol

Envey11

New User
Visit site
I have had both the long and the jodhpur boots from Saxon. They are really comfy and as long as they are just used for riding they last for a decent amount of time but if used all the time the soles seem to come right off of them. Me, my sister and a few of the girls from the yard have also had this happen. Hope this helps :)

Billy the kid

Visit site
Hi all just thinking about ordering these boots (without the laces) as they appear to be great value. Have any of you had these? I'm worried incase they look 'cheap'. They dont have to last forever, i just need a pair for wearing to local shows etc.

Sorry i havent look at all the replies, so may have been said already.....

I've been using these boots for years now. Most people think they are real leather when they see them. I use them as my daily boots, i had alot of trouble with the heels falling off after a few months and they would split around the foot and ankle area. But the last pair i bought i have made a real effort to only wear when riding and not keep them on whilst doing yard duties (as this was the reason for them falling apart, they dont like water) they are a couple of years old now and still going strong. So yes they are good, but just dont use them around the field/yard or they just dont last.

Billy the kid

Visit site
Also can see a few people have pointed out they felt horrible when trying on in the shop.....they do soften up alot after about a week, mine are comfy as hell. But the first week i have to put dusters down them or they hurt my legs. They are fairly long though (good for me, as im tall).

cob&onion

Visit site
I had a pair and they lasted me a whole summer! the field type ones, they cracked on the widest part of the foot and gradually fell apart. The zip was fine, friend had a pair and the zip went on hers again after about 3 or so months. They where comfortable and did look smart before they fell apart.
Would never waste money on another pair though, currently have my eye on ariats at the end of the month, a much better investment!