Scales

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
A hypothetical question.

How much does it cost to weigh your horse on horse scales if you went somewhere to have them weighed
Would you use one if a local yard had one
Do you think it would be money well invested If one was purchased.

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
My vets will bring portable scales if asked when coming to a pre booked appt for vaccinations, teeth etc etc.
They are also happy to book free appts on the clinic scales.

Sorry, not something I'd go off to a local yard for.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
yeah my vets are a 45 min drive in the box but I'm there fairly often usually so it's not a huge deal. but I'd maybe pay a fiver to pop to a yard round the corner if they had one, no more I'm afraid, and only once in a blue moon.

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
Just trying to work out if it is worth getting one really. No one locally has one on their yard and there are many yards round here.
Also working out much someone would pay to have their horse weighed to earn back the money for it in time.

My vet is 45 minutes away, lots of people don't have transport.

all input is useful ty

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Most vets I know don't carry huge horse scales round with them as their cars are filled with medical things.
Traveling to vets to have your horse weighed would cost fuel
hire of box and time, could cost a lot more
Judging on this video i have never seen vets with this on the back seat https://www.equestrianproducts.co.uk/horse-scales-weigh-platform-2/

I was thinking of local people or yards
Lol, no not the big ones, but as I mentioned above, they bring the portable one out to pre booked appointments, when requested.
The practice static one at HQ is fully enclosed with gate at each end, v easy to get on and off.

Gloi

Too little time, too much to read.
Visit site
I take mine to the vets or do it when I've gone for a routine appointment to save the call out. I believe they will fetch scales out but I have never asked.

Chianti

Visit site
A hypothetical question.

How much does it cost to weigh your horse on horse scales if you went somewhere to have them weighed
Would you use one if a local yard had one
Do you think it would be money well invested If one was purchased.

I've had someone come to the yard and paid £20. She has a mobile spa and weighing is one of the services she offers. I have to say not many liveries have it done. The first time probably about a quarter of the yard and the last time only me and one other. I'm always surprised more don't want it done as it's so useful for worming.