Scraggy doodle (some rescue piccies) and some of my lots (im bored)

Vizslak

Visit site
Wow, that took some reading, I'm not sure I can even be bothered to grace the morons with any further replies.

CAYLA

Visit site
Wow what lovely people. I merely dont agree that these dogs are all badly bred and i dont think slating the breed is a good way of promoting your views. There are badly bred dogs in all walks of life....pedigree and x breeds. This is not just a problem in one breed in one animal, its in all. I know, i have many animals that were abandoned with issues resulting from ill health, ill breeding or just abuse...from horses to budgies. I also personally know of doodles being bred from cruft winning parents(the poodle father is just insanely beautiful) and are being produced to help our disabled,deaf and blind with a few going into private homes. Not all these dogs are bad and it saddens me that this thread is slating a dog that i see doing so much for our society.

To be fair their was some rudeness but I personally did not think it came from the "against back street breeding lobiests":p
These dogs are vastly overly badly bred, it's not the actual dog we/i am slating, the dog cannot help being here, I am slating those selling them with a false pretence and then those who bought them then passing that on to others.
These dogs are not mass bred for the disabled/special cause, a select few will be no doubt as intended, but the vaster majority have been as the producer said turned into a puppy farmers dream.:( they have been bred for no other cause that "making cash".
The problem I have and what this post is about comes with the faulcity of them being healthier/great for allergies/better bred than a lab or poodle (even health tested ones) and who is suffering ultimately!
There are badly bred dogs (no one has said there is not) and past posts will prove that, this post was about the doodle, designer x breeds)...well it was actually about rescue pictures;)
I find it very hard to take any breeder who has the best interests of their breed at heart who participates in crufts breeding designer x breeds from their well bred show dogs, unless of course their chosen breed bring little cash to the table and crossing them does;) if it's a programme for special needs then why are some going to (private homes) if indeed so many are supposedly bred for special needs programmes:confused:
Plenty of other breeds fit these programmes without using designer x's as an excuse to fill this supposed void.

We do indeed have a huge problem with over breeding in a mass irrisponsable way, so is then defending and encouraging the breeding of more the answer?

ChesnutsRoasting

Visit site
Look, this is very entertaining etc,etc, but can somebody please tell what the hell is the point of breeding a Doodle? I would appreciate a definitive answer.;)

CAYLA - love the pic of the lurchers snuggling on the sofa, they are like parasites nicking bodily warmth from each other!:D

Oh and keep up the good work.:)

Maisie2

Visit site
OMG this has turned into War and Peace, where's Prince Andrei when you need him :D:D Cayla you do a wonderful job and def. don't need all this flak, if everyone on this forum did as much for stray dogs we would all be a lot happier. Perhaps we have to refer to you now as St. Cayla :D Btw if I didn't have Harley with the legs of a Queen Anne chair and and matching temperament I would be asking you for the dreaded Doodle :eek: I have to say he looks pretty cute - I will now go hide behind sofa :)

Jake10

Visit site
It's all very well saying that both the parents of first generation crosses are health tested but the results will not provide an accurate reference to the future health of the puppies (if the puppies were pedigree the test results would be more accurate).

If you want to state that the puppies generated by this cross were healthier than pedigrees you would most likely need to health test all the puppies in the litter. Preferably using all the health tests recommended for each of the parent breeds. Of course this would be expensive and require the breeder to keep the puppies until they were old enough to be tested. You would need to repeat this over several litters etc so they puppies would no longer be small, cute etc

Lets face it no crossbreed should cost £600 unless they pooped rainbows or money :p Do Labrador x Poodles (refuse to use the fashion accessory name) poop rainbows or money? Are the guaranteed to be better for allergy sufferers than a pedigree poodle, wire fox terrier or any other breed with a similar low/non shedding coat? No they are not.

CAYLA - I love the pic of the dogs in front of the fire. That's exactly where mine are now :)

Last edited:

rhino

Visit site
:eek: My word!

I have a small thing to add about hybrid vigour i.e. heterosis (from a Wikipedia article, for shame :eek:)
Full link here if interested

Actually to be pedantic a hybrid is a cross between two species, not two breeds of the same species... ;) One of those words that is commonly misused.

It's all very well saying that both the parents of first generation crosses are health tested but the results will not provide an accurate reference to the future health of the puppies (if the puppies were pedigree the test results would be more accurate).

There's more to it than that too. Not only are the offspring of a 'hybrid' cross (using the term as it has been applied in this thread) as likely to inherit any condition predisposed to by the parents, but the crossing itself can lead to 'new' genetic conditions coming to light.

Veterinary Record doi:10.1136/vr.100361

Survey of ophthalmic abnormalities in the labradoodle in the UK

J. A. C. Oliver, BVSc, CertVOphthal, DipECVO, MRCVS and D. J. Gould, BVMS, PhD, DVOphthal, DipECVO, MRCVS

Showed that not only do labradoodles have the same high level of cataracts as labradors, but they have a vastly increased risk of Multifocal Retinal Dysplasia than either parent breed.

By not understanding heterosis it's at least as easy to breed in problems as breed them out.

CorvusCorax

Justified & Ancient
Visit site
I love the theory that if you are a dog lover you will never criticise any dog, ever.

Well here goes, I have a GSD that is bred in the purple, he has his pink papers from Germany, which are full of world champion show dogs, all health tested and working qualified.

His hips and elbows, for which his many relatives were tested, are fine but his back is wrecked (partly due to injury) and he is full of allergies and sensitivities and his character is not what I like in a German Shepherd.
He is also far too tall and over angulated behind. Yes, I love my dog but I can look at him and see his faults, they've cost me and him enough in more ways than one.
He was responsibly (although perhaps in hindsight, not wisely) bred, sold for a huge loss.

However - I am in constant contact with his breeder and none of the litter or the mother are being bred from again. None have his issues apart from a bit of insecurity/knarliness with other dogs.
I can look at his pedigree having researched it and say 'well, I now know that this dog and that dog in a pedigree can lead to skin issues...I will never choose from that combination of lines again'.
You can't do that when a crossbreed or unknown breed becomes ill or is a condition-carrier and the problem perpetuates.

As pointed out by the science people :p and the founder of the 'breed' (yeah, like, what would he know...), you breed unknown to unknown without health testing, it doesn't matter whether it is pedigree or not, you don't know what you are going to get and promising the earth, the moon and the stars to unknowlegeable buyers for a high price tag with no comeback is wrong, sorry.

galaxy

Visit site
Tell you what Cayla we should all bow down to your expert knowledge and be grateful to have someone of such calibre around. You are the leading expert on this forum and therefore completely right.........
You feel the need to advertise and justify your greatness and knowledge........why???? I do not feel the need to do this as what i do for the dog world i do out of selflessness not the need to show/tell everyone how fabulous i am and how much i do for dogs and owners.

I take GREAT humbridge to this post!

Cayla is held with great respect around AAD for very good reason. She freely imparts any advise to ANYONE who asks for it on here. She has never put anyone down for daft questions or when they are making obvious mistakes with their dog. She hands out puppy guides to anyone who asks for one which many many people have said have been an enormous help when bringing up their puppy. Not only that, but to me personally (and I have no doubt countless others) she has received personal pms with dog training problems and then following emails which she spends a lot of time answering and following up. I have done this and her advise has always been spot on and well thought out. She has no reason to do this to absolute strangers other than for the love of dogs! Others on the forums have also driven to the opposite end of the country because they could only trust Cayla to look after their dog when they go on holiday.

So you feel we're all creeping up her backside? No! There is great reason and history why people respect her so much.

you don't have to agree with her or anyone elses opinion. But there is no need to be personal and rude.

(and now galaxy gets off her soap box and quietly goes back into the corner where she normally sits!)

Dobiegirl

Visit site

Cayla is held with great respect around AAD for very good reason. She freely imparts any advise to ANYONE who asks for it on here. She has never put anyone down for daft questions or when they are making obvious mistakes with their dog. She hands out puppy guides to anyone who asks for one which many many people have said have been an enormous help when bringing up their puppy. Not only that, but to me personally (and I have no doubt countless others) she has received personal pms with dog training problems and then following emails which she spends a lot of time answering and following up. I have done this and her advise has always been spot on and well thought out. She has no reason to do this to absolute strangers other than for the love of dogs! Others on the forums have also driven to the opposite end of the country because they could only trust Cayla to look after their dog when they go on holiday.

So you feel we're all creeping up her backside? No! There is great reason and history why people respect her so much.

you don't have to agree with her or anyone elses opinion. But there is no need to be personal and rude.

(and now galaxy gets off her soap box and quietly goes back into the corner where she normally sits!)

Welcome to the brown nose club.:D

MurphysMinder

Visit site
Well said Galaxy! Cayla has a huge amount of experience and having recently seen her puppy training guide I can say it is excellent and I will be handing one out with every puppy that goes to its new home from my current litter. I am by no means a novice owner but if I had a doggy problem I was struggling with I would definitely ask Cayla for advice.

CAYLA

Visit site

:eek::eek: I don't know what to say to that Galaxy, thankyou:eek:, I will help where I can but I would never want to be seeing as the "leading expert" of a forum:eek: as was suggested (erm it's just doggy forum) that is all:p and there is some fabulous advice given out on here and I have picked up a few tips here and there;):D it's just seems it's a way to "have a dig" in a topic (shame it leads to that) I even tried having a laugh to lighten the mood (I laughed anyways, i pished me sell near enough):eek::D

No cliques ladys';) but I expect you to all wear t shirts in worship of me:D:D:D:D
Dingle12....more hoodies!:D:D:D

Dare I post some more piccies for you's:eek::D:p

galaxy

Visit site
:eek::eek: I don't know what to say to that Galaxy, thankyou:eek:, I will help where I can but I would never want to be seeing as the "leading expert" of a forum:eek: as was suggested (erm it's just doggy forum) that is all:p and there is some fabulous advice given out on here and I have picked up a few tips here and there;):D it's just seems it's a way to "have a dig" in a topic (shame it leads to that) I even tried having a laugh to lighten the mood (I laughed anyways, i pished me sell near enough):eek::D

No cliques ladys';) but I expect you to all wear t shirts in worship of me:D:D:D:D
Dingle12....more hoodies!:D:D:D

Dare I post some more piccies for you's:eek::D:p

Sorry if I made you blush! ;) :)

mollichop

Visit site
Sorry to tag onto the end of this - but well said Galaxy - no one is (deliberately) brown nosing Cayla but, she offers something on here thT nobody else does.

Many posters on here offer diverse advice and help on this section of the forum but all with the sole intention of the good of the dog from what I've experienced - and that can only be a good thing surely?

dingle12

Visit site
Thats it give me more bloody stress :) Cayla drives me mad the best of times.

In all seriousness even though i get a headache every time i talk to C or attempt a conversation via pm ( takes me ages to read it as i have to translate ;) ) i class Cayla as a good friend and she has always been there for me even though she wont take my little sod !!!

So trolls please back off and go back in your hole.

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
In all seriousness even though i get a headache every time i talk to C or attempt a conversation via pm ( takes me ages to read it as i have to translate ;)

This is because she is northern! Fortunately, I too am northern so I can understand all the 'mesell' comments. * Feels smug*

I too have been known to go all Cheryl Cole when excited!

Last edited:

CAYLA

Visit site
Thats it give me more bloody stress :) Cayla drives me mad the best of times.

In all seriousness even though i get a headache every time i talk to C or attempt a conversation via pm ( takes me ages to read it as i have to translate ;) ) i class Cayla as a good friend and she has always been there for me even though she wont take my little sod !!!

So trolls please back off and go back in your hole.

I do admit, you do put up with alot and certainly deserve the right to strangle me...you have the patients of a saint:eek::D