Scriptwriter -racehorse

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
Thanks for doing that JAB. They stand to gain nothing by sending him there. A bullet at home would be a kindness.

justabob

Visit site
Thanks for doing that JAB. They stand to gain nothing by sending him there. A bullet at home would be a kindness.

I have a feeling he wont be there as I have ranted on my FB and I know lots of people locally. I will keep ring though.

BBH

Visit site
This is exactly why so many are against racing. Totally disposable despite having done his all for the owner.

Not good PR at all IMO.

Kimmib

New User
Visit site
Hi, there's a lady on twitter trying to buy him privately and has organised a home at an ex racehorse sanctuary. She is struggling to contact the owners so if anyone can help please let me know and I'll pass on. Thanks

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
Think the same lady has just contacted me. Do you know which sanctuary and if she's spoken to them to confirm a space is available??

blossom69

New User
Visit site
New Beginnings Horse have offered him a permanent retirement home and there are alot trying to contact the owner and the auction centre to buy him before sale. Terrible story but fingers crossed it will be a fabulous retirement home for him. So many are involved on twitter in saving him - thankfully.

Suechoccy

Visit site
Good luck with saving him from going to what another poster describes as a bin-end sales. Worst way, euthanasia at home and body to meat man would be preferable, the horse would know nothing and the owner would get about as much money for the body as for putting him through sales. Poor sod. £100,000 winnings. Disgusting.

I hope H&H takes such cases up in their magazine, or involve a celeb to speak out against such practises, e.g. Clare Balding.

if you can't get hold of owner, what about contacting trainer? He may still be at trainer's yard.

New Beginnings website: http://www.newbeginningshorses.org.uk

Last edited:

Kimmib

New User
Visit site
Their number is available via google and i know a lot of people are outraged so they probably won't be answering as I imagine they've received a number of calls about the situation!

Mocksure

New User
Visit site
I am working with Cathryn to secure the purchase of Scriptwriter and can confirm that a sanctuary place has been arranged.

Attempts to contact Evelyn Slack this morning have proved unsuccessful.

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
Thanks Mockshure. It's fantastic to hear that efforts are being made to secure this horses future.

Please let me know if I can do anything to help.

hayinamanger

Visit site
The owners are going to be extremely peed off by all the attention, I just hope they will do the right thing by this horse.

I will gladly make a financial contribution if it will help.

Cuffey

Visit site
Thanks guys suspect he may now not appear--I will be there but unable to take him myself.
The fact that he was in the catalogue which comes on line may well have saved him
When they appear in late entries you dont have a chance to research what is in front of you or many auctions do not put entries out in advance.

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
The owners are going to be extremely peed off by all the attention, I just hope they will do the right thing by this horse.

Probably - but if it makes them think about their actions (this is not the first of theirs (as I understand it) to be sent off like this), some good may come of it.

I will gladly make a financial contribution if it will help.[/QUOTE]

Me too.

linzibingbong

New User
Visit site
i hope this trooper of a horse gets a good home to enjoy his retirment, lets face it he deserves it :(

and yes i do hope horse and hound take this story further.

not all race hore trainers are like this he just gives racing a bad name!!!! this horse started off with godolphin !!!! he has done everything hehas been asked and gone that extra mile, he has worked hard. when your grandad retires will you throw him in the 'bin' too??!!! :mad:

merrymeasure

www.winningpost-art.co.uk
i hope this trooper of a horse gets a good home to enjoy his retirment, lets face it he deserves it :(

and yes i do hope horse and hound take this story further.

not all race hore trainers are like this he just gives racing a bad name!!!! this horse started off with godolphin !!!! he has done everything hehas been asked and gone that extra mile, he has worked hard. when your grandad retires will you throw him in the 'bin' too??!!! :mad:

Exactly! New Beginnings will be a wonderful home for him. They also have Mr. McGoldrick. I hope they get him, poor lad. :(

dixiefee

New User
Visit site
I am working with Cathryn to secure the purchase of Scriptwriter and can confirm that a sanctuary place has been arranged.

Attempts to contact Evelyn Slack this morning have proved unsuccessful.

When they go to a sanctuary what exactly happens to them?

Do you retrain and foster out or just let them munch grass for life?

dixiefee

New User
Visit site
When they go to a sanctuary what exactly happens to them?

Do you retrain and foster out or just let them munch grass for life?

Ive just read the website.
Hopefully Scriptwriter will be able to be retrained and enjoy his plenty years left.
I was preparing for a road trip myself but hopefully the big man won't need to make the journey to the auction now.