Scriptwriter -racehorse

Clodagh

Visit site
I hope it works and if it is successful any donations could be sent directly to New Beginnings. Even if it doesn't happen they would probably like donations anyway!
Please let us know how it goes?

Archangel

Normal, 10 cats ago
Visit site
Brilliant news. I presume that he will be handed over for a nominal sum (£1). Seems only fair as the rescue are moving in (well done that rescue) to mop up after the owner has seen fit to bin the horse without securing his future.

dixiefee

New User
Visit site
Brilliant news. I presume that he will be handed over for a nominal sum (£1). Seems only fair as the rescue are moving in (well done that rescue) to mop up after the owner has seen fit to bin the horse without securing his future.

Don't presume, if they were sending him to a sale instead of giving him away for nothing they were obviously looking to squeeze a bit more money out of him....

justabob

Visit site
Just spoken to Mr Slack, Sriptwriter is not going to the sale, I am not suprised as word has got around about their lack of any moral code. I have told him to ring me when they have made a decision, he said that there was talk of him going back to Darly...........highly unlikely, as I know someone who will take the horse on. I have PMd the person in question.

Ken slack

Visit site
Hi ken slack here,,,we've taken the decision to retire scriptwriter whilst still sound,,we entered in sale to advertise ,,we were contacted this morning by two great people looking to retrain him and give him a new life after racing which is our aim with all our retired racehorses,,the horse is going back todarley to be retrained and I've forwarded the ladies details to them,,half the fee Darnley offered for him is going to a racing charity of sheik Mohammad's choice,,if the lady who started this thread and the twitter campaign had only contacted us before starting silly stories all this rubbish could of been avoided,,,we try very hard to find our horses new homes and meny are having a great life showing and competing at other disciplines ,,the only horses we sell at rubbish sales are the one we feel are dangerous and can not be recommended ,even then we put a reserve them at a price above x,,you know what I mean,,,good luck ken

justabob

Visit site
I am working with Cathryn to secure the purchase of Scriptwriter and can confirm that a sanctuary place has been arranged.

Attempts to contact Evelyn Slack this morning have proved unsuccessful.

I have made contact Mocksure and have PMd you my number, can you ring me.

Ken slack

Visit site
Justabob,,I recommend you apologise,,the horse is going back to Darnley,,,and to infer we lack morals is not a slur I will not tolerate

Last edited:

martlin

www.martlinequestrian.co.uk
,the only horses we sell at rubbish sales are the one we feel are dangerous and can not be recommended ,even then we put a reserve them at a price above x,,you know what I mean,,,good luck ken
Aaaand you just shot yourself in the foot here - if they are not ''recommended'' and they are ''dangerous'', how is it morally right to send them to bin end sales? Why not take them directly to a slaughterhouse or even better, shoot them at home?

angrovestud

Visit site
I find the fact that you would sell a Dangerous! horse at a sale the most appalling thing to do are you saying then that Scriptwriter was Dangerous? you give owners a bad name. :(

justabob

Visit site
Justabob,,I recommend you apologise,,the horse is going back to Darnley,,,and to infer we lack morals is not a slur I will tolerate,,,

I beg to differ, by the mere virtue of the fact that he was entered in such a sale in the first place speaks volumes of your lack of morals.

Ken slack

Visit site
Justabob,,as a result of entering we were contacted by two great people,entering and actually going is two different matters ,,now apologise and we can all move on

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
Hi ken slack here,,,we've taken the decision to retire scriptwriter whilst still sound,,we entered in sale to advertise ,,we were contacted this morning by two great people looking to retrain him and give him a new life after racing which is our aim with all our retired racehorses,,the horse is going back todarley to be retrained and I've forwarded the ladies details to them,,half the fee Darnley offered for him is going to a racing charity of sheik Mohammad's choice,,if the lady who started this thread and the twitter campaign had only contacted us before starting silly stories all this rubbish could of been avoided,,,we try very hard to find our horses new homes and meny are having a great life showing and competing at other disciplines ,,the only horses we sell at rubbish sales are the one we feel are dangerous and can not be recommended ,even then we put a reserve them at a price above x,,you know what I mean,,,good luck ken

Hi Ken, many thanks for the update. It's very, very good to hear that this lovely horse's future is now secure. I'm very grateful for you posting on here to update us.

Most of us agree on here that all horses are deserving of the very best chance when their racing days are over. Most of us also agree that sending a dangerous animal to market serves no one (apart from the person selling). So yes, I think it's safe to say most of us would advocate a bullet.

Anyway - once again thanks for the update.

justabob

Visit site
Justabob,,as a result of entering we were contacted by two great people,entering and actually going is two different matters ,,now apologise and we can all move on

I would like to believe that you entered in that sale to generate an interest in the horse, but I dont, I think it is just a convenient excuse. Apologise............never.

Ken slack

Visit site
Martin,,I believe everything deserves a chance ,just because its beyond my capabilitys does bot mean others couldn't achieve great results,,,any way we digress scriptwriter has a great life ahead of him and will probably end up with one of the great ladies who saw him advertised at Kirkby,,,,lets move on bye,,,ps is any body is interested in having a retired racehors in the future keep us in mind

martlin

www.martlinequestrian.co.uk
Martin,,I believe everything deserves a chance ,just because its beyond my capabilitys does bot mean others couldn't achieve great results,,,any way we digress scriptwriter has a great life ahead of him and will probably end up with one of the great ladies who saw him advertised at Kirkby,,,,lets move on bye,,,ps is any body is interested in having a retired racehors in the future keep us in mind
The problem with that is, bin end sales rarely attract people with the skill sets required to retrain a tricky horse. It is more likely to end up (if lucky) at a knackers yard and if unlucky with a bin end dealer, drugged, mis-advertised and forced onto some unsuspecting, novicy, teenager; then passed from home to home, all the time injuring people in the process.
I had one like that on my yard, it had 6 weeks of ''retraining'' after a solid career in racing and been sold from teenager to teenager, ending up with all bones showing and a young girl fresh from a riding school for a rider - it was awful to watch and frankly, the bullet was the best thing that happened to that horse for a very long time, thing is, it happened to it 6 years of misery too late.

Caledonia

Visit site
Scriptwriter deserved more than going to a horrible sale like Kirkby Stephen.

As licensed individuals you should be ashamed of yourselves for sending any horse there.

BBH

Visit site
Scriptwriter deserved more than going to a horrible sale like Kirkby Stephen.

As licensed individuals you should be ashamed of yourselves for sending any horse there.

Yes they are a disgrace to the racing industry.

Visit site
We are so pleased to read that Scriptwriter has a home. We offered him a home with us in Yorkshire and that home is still available if needed. At New Beginnings Horses we provide a safe, supportive environment for ex-racehorses to be rehabilitated & then 'loaned' to long-term loving homes. We commit to be there for every one of our horses for the rest of their life and we are non-profit, every £1 donated goes to help the horses. We are home to Yorkshire's legendary Mister McGoldrick. Please see our website: www.newbeginningshorses.org.uk for more information. Happy retirement Scriptwriter!

justabob

Visit site
We are so pleased to read that Scriptwriter has a home. We offered him a home with us in Yorkshire and that home is still available if needed. At New Beginnings Horses we provide a safe, supportive environment for ex-racehorses to be rehabilitated & then 'loaned' to long-term loving homes. We commit to be there for every one of our horses for the rest of their life and we are non-profit, every £1 donated goes to help the horses. We are home to Yorkshire's legendary Mister McGoldrick. Please see our website: www.newbeginningshorses.org.uk for more information. Happy retirement Scriptwriter!

I don't believe he has a home.

blossom69

New User
Visit site
Sorry who or what is Darley? I dont believe he is going there either!! If only he could go to New Beginnings where he is guaranteed a fabulous home. I am amazed and appalled by Mr Slack and his comments.