Scruffy terrier (in my future, I keep saying it)

SilverLinings

Visit site
I so would just drive and get him tomorrow but my OH has a sensible head!

Would he know that you hadn't just *found* the poor puppy wandering lost somewhere? Of course you've let the police/pound/vets know but looks like no ones missing him...

Although it may come down to whether you prefer the puppy or the husband, and I suspect divorce is the most expensive option 🤣

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Would he know that you hadn't just *found* the poor puppy wandering lost somewhere? Of course you've let the police/pound/vets know but looks like no ones missing him...

Although it may come down to whether you prefer the puppy or the husband, and I suspect divorce is the most expensive option 🤣
He IS the police! And he’d want to do the right thing ie find the owner. (cough cough ME!)

ArklePig

Visit site
He IS the police! And he’d want to do the right thing ie find the owner. (cough cough ME!)

Quite the conundrum alright. Could you just hope he didn't notice for a while? Could you just do it and ask for foegivness later?

As an aside I've shown the sprointer to Mr AP who said I'm to come off this website at once and stop letting crazy dog ladies put notions in my head 😂

Why must husbands be so sensible.

SilverLinings

Visit site
I realise that but come on CCC, you need to be creative! You told the *other* police, in that far away place that you found the dog. And of course you will keep posting on FB (And HHO of course, with lots of cute photos just to check if anyone recognises him) to see if you can track down the owner.

Mind you, with some of the nutters on t'internet someone probably would chance their arm and claim he was their beloved missing puppy that somehow managed to escape from their perfect home...

On second thoughts, I'm not sure I thought this through fully, just off back to the drawing board...🤣

SilverLinings

Visit site
I emailed him (cos he’s so lucky to be working tonight with the only nightclub in the entire area having its last night and staying open till 8am, like wtf?!) and his response was ‘I’m sure he’ll be picked up really quickly’. Boo!
First of all- a nightclub staying open until 8am?! I don't think I was ever young enough for that to be an appealing idea 😲

Secondly, after the unempathetic and completely unreasonable email response I hope your OH enjoys his night at work on NYE* 😁

*I hope he is ok really and that it's a quiet shift. The heavy rain and wind here should hopefully put a stop to a lot of the usual bad behaviour, it is one day of the year that a bit of rain comes in handy if you want a quiet night, so I hope he has some miserable weather where you are!

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
First of all- a nightclub staying open until 8am?! I don't think I was ever young enough for that to be an appealing idea 😲

Secondly, after the unempathetic and completely unreasonable email response I hope your OH enjoys his night at work on NYE* 😁

*I hope he is ok really and that it's a quiet shift. The heavy rain and wind here should hopefully put a stop to a lot of the usual bad behaviour, it is one day of the year that a bit of rain comes in handy if you want a quiet night, so I hope he has some miserable weather where you are!
The Palladium in Torremolinos used to stay open til 7am, so you could tip out straight into a nearby cafe for breakfast. Great idea, along with a huge swimming pool inside for cooling off, health and safety nightmare, wouldn’t happen today, that was wi was doing my degree back in the day.

cbmcts

Visit site
No,no CCC, you're doing this all wrong!

I've been looking for a young/puppy terrier bitch for a while and OH has been lacking enthusiasm for this plan shall we say... However a litter of rottie x bull mastiff pups have been born in rescue - they are gorgeous but HUGE - and I've been telling him about them and sharing the photos. He's now spooked in case I get one and he's the one sharing ads about terriers with me ;)

poiuytrewq

Visit site
A bit late now but you could have been there and back, picking it up quickly, before he got home.
This is a very me response!
I have done the secret puppy just appeared while OH was at work… took him a day or so to come round but was worth it 😂
Also as above a tiny dog is way way easier to clean up and dry off!

Errin Paddywack

Visit site
I emailed him (cos he’s so lucky to be working tonight with the only nightclub in the entire area having its last night and staying open till 8am, like wtf?!) and his response was ‘I’m sure he’ll be picked up really quickly’. Boo!
Already gone, doesn't come up when I tried to look.

misst

Visit site
Not a dog but I did get a kitten many years ago and sat it in my OH inbox in his office. When he called me in I just said OMG where did that come from how cute. He was semi convinced for a day or so but then I kept laughing which rather gave the game away. He lived until 21 and was a super cat :). Just go for it!

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
After this morning’s shenanigans with my lot, I am not getting more! Did the usual walk because Bear needs the same route, although I can usually send the two youngsters to fetch him back. He did not stick to the plan! The youngsters couldn’t find him, although they tried hard, then Goose zoomed off too! He has never done this with me (mummy’s boy?) but has with the OH.

Half an hour later, I’d spoken to lots of people, retrieved Goose then eventually found Bear on the path back to the carpark, wandering along back to find me. Mitch wins best boy award, he did a superb job of searching and actually pointed at Goose, but I couldn’t see him through the trees, fellow springer owner told me he was in the field Mitch had been pointing at. I almost doubled my step count! Think I’ll stay home tomorrow!

maisie06

Visit site
Adorable - go and get him and tell OH you found him by the side of the road = he can't refuse!!

My word WTF? I actually think they look quite nice pups though!!

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Adorable - go and get him and tell OH you found him by the side of the road = he can't refuse!!

£900!! Blimey!

FinnishLapphund

There's no cow on the ice
Visit site

I would be worried that a puppy buyer will presume that they'll definitely get something in mum/dad's size, but instead their puppy decides to take after the Irish Wolfhound ancestor in size. Perhaps with an Old English Sheepdog coat. And the intelligence of a Poodle, work drive of a GSD, and energy of an Utonagan...

Anyhow, sorry to hear about things not going to plan during your morning walk @ChristmasCinnamonCookie . It's so nerve-wracking when you can't find them, but since you used the word "wandering", I'm guessing that according to Bear, he haven't been lost today at all, because he knew where he was the whole time.?

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
I would be worried that a puppy buyer will presume that they'll definitely get something in mum/dad's size, but instead their puppy decides to take after the Irish Wolfhound ancestor in size. Perhaps with an Old English Sheepdog coat. And the intelligence of a Poodle, work drive of a GSD, and energy of an Utonagan...

Anyhow, sorry to hear about things not going to plan during your morning walk @ChristmasCinnamonCookie . It's so nerve-wracking when you can't find them, but since you used the word "wandering", I'm guessing that according to Bear, he haven't been lost today at all, because he knew where he was the whole time.?
Bear is normally never out of sight but clearly thought he should just take himself back towards the carpark. He went the right way, just 20 minutes ahead of us!