Second hand rugs

Jenna1406

Visit site
I have found selling my stuff on facebook pages as we have quite a few of them. And its great for people that are local to you, saves on the hassle of posting. :eek:

WelshD

Visit site
I've bought a couple on there recently. Obvious to say but clean ones and well known brand ones often have several bids on. Dirty or unbranded ones often fetch under a tenner though

Accurate measurements are useful too, I've discounted a few where the seller says it could be any size between x and y - not very helpful!

Good clear pics are a must for me and I will skate past ones shown folded up, pics where they are on a pony are good as they show the shoulder fit and depth better

Hutchlou

Visit site
I would try local tack shops first, saves the hassle of posting heavy rugs! I'm often put off by extortionate p&p charges! :) ps. Where are you & what have you got?!!! ;-)

Slinkyunicorn

www.rutlandhorseextras.co.uk
I would try local tack shops first, saves the hassle of posting heavy rugs! I'm often put off by extortionate p&p charges! :) ps. Where are you & what have you got?!!! ;-)

I am in Rutland - I have a few big stable rugs - 6'6"/6'9" and a couple of turnouts including one tiny pony Rhino - all have been professionally cleaned and reproofed:D

Will be outside taking piccies in the sunshine then:D

mandwhy

Visit site
EBay seems to get almost full price on some rugs its mental! But you do have charges etc... I am looking for a fly rug in 6'3 or 6'6 by the way and possibly others :)

3Beasties

Visit site
If you're not in a hurry to sell them I would wait for a couple of months as I don't find they sell so well at this time of year (although with our weather lately I may be proved wrong!).

Can I have some jelly tots now please :D :D

mrsk29

Visit site
I have a shed full of rugs to sell all sorts in there I darent look lol might wait a month or two before I try eBaying them.. The postage is so high tho I'm sure it puts people off.. I need to buy a 6ft3 med with no neck tho it's probably the only rug I don't own... Bought one off eBay but it arrived and had a tear in it :-( (not mentioned) so that's getting sold as postage was too much to send back.. Also bought a stable rug on eBay it arrived and is a 6'6 not 6'3 so that too will be going oh well... My rug addiction continues! Lol

Shooting Star

Visit site
yep been both buying and selling them on ebay lately, bit mixed tbh I've got a few due to end tomorrow and at the moment the bids are higher on an unbranded lightweight than on an expensive branded but middle weight one but expect they'll even out by closing time - if not somebody's getting a bargain!

... although I did pull one of my listings as there were lots of watchers and no bids but was hoping for £40 or so for a rug that cost £200 and had barely been used , decided it was unlikely to get anywhere near what I wanted so pulled the plug before there were any bids as time was running out :eek:

personally don't have an issue with buying slightly dirty rugs as the values are often less and you're buying them for a multiple year investment (hopefully although we did trash 2 last year!) so will either clean them myself or send to cleaners.
For a seller there's little incentive to pay £15+ for a wash and reproof if you expect that clean it would only fetch £20, better to get £10 for it unwashed IMO!

brightmount

Visit site
I would put them on ebay at a starting price close to what you hope to get, as there are no insertion fees over this bank holiday weekend. Nothing to lose.

WelshD

Visit site
There is a horsey car boot sale at Finmere near Bicester on Monday I believe but it would probably cost you a fair bit in time and fuel to go