secondhand saddles- why only big sizes?

LiffWee93

Visit site
Always the way, when you have the money, you cant find what you want... When you don't have it they are everywhere!
Just missed out on the perfect saddle last night, cant believe how hard it is to find a 16.5" dressage saddle for not humungous money! If I wanted a 17.5 id be laughing...
Just a little rant really...

Shay

Visit site
Dressage saddle do tend to come big - too many dutch warmbloods! Have you tried your local saddlers? They can usually find the right thing far faster than waiting for it to come up on ebay etc. Our local one found the exact model of Albion in 16.5 that we were looking for in about 2 days this summer!

fishy

Visit site
I feel your pain x we have a short backed cob and a long legged daughter. Trying to find a 16.5 inch saddle is like looking for rocking horse poo. He currently has a 16.5 wintec and a 17 (comes up small) novus dressage saddle for showing and schooling. I have the saddle fitter out tomorrow and I hope they still fit! Keep searching x

Slightlyconfused

Go away, I'm reading
Visit site
Always the way, when you have the money, you cant find what you want... When you don't have it they are everywhere!
Just missed out on the perfect saddle last night, cant believe how hard it is to find a 16.5" dressage saddle for not humungous money! If I wanted a 17.5 id be laughing...
Just a little rant really...

Pm me what you are looking for price wise.

catkin

Visit site
Basically supply and demand - there's not as many little ones made (and if you are looking for little and wide 'tis almost impossible), and when people have them they are inclined to hang onto them because there's always a chance that you can fit a short saddle on a big horse but not vice versa

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
I've got the opposite problem. I want something like a falcon GP in 17.5 or 18" and all I can find is pony saddles! Gah!

okepunya

Visit site
Pm me what you are looking for price wise.
g.png

Okey

Tiarella

www.myspace.com
I'm struggling to find a 16.5" jump equipe/devoucoux/Amerigo type! They're none existent :(

Eta I currently have a 16.5" saddle company dressage saddle I'm using on my new boy - it's cheap but decent saddle with big blocks and used on nf/connie type. It will be for sale when I can find a jumping saddle :)

LiffWee93

Visit site
im looking for something like a wintec pro/isabell -- but no more than 350 i guess :/ its just difficult! haha im glad im not the only one :) most of the local saddlers my way only have 17 and over!

LiffWee93

Visit site
Eta I currently have a 16.5" saddle company dressage saddle I'm using on my new boy - it's cheap but decent saddle with big blocks and used on nf/connie type. It will be for sale when I can find a jumping saddle :)

unfortunately saddle company saddles cripple me :( i love the look and idea of them but every one ive ever ridden in gives me bruises and makes my back sore! :(

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk
I've potential new customers tell me they've even struggled to get fitters to bring out new 16.5" stock, it's our commonest seat size but it's rare for most tack shops etc. Bear in mind that a deeper seat will make a saddle ride smaller, and a shorter, more upswept panel design will give a shorter footprint, so a seat size isn't set in stone for either horse or rider.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
Not many people on ponies needing dressage saddles. No chance a show saddle might do the job enough? I would think there are more of them about.

Slightlyconfused

Go away, I'm reading
Visit site
I'm trying to shift a 16 1/5 " Brown Bates dressage saddle, lovely and comfy. Fits the tb really well but its too small for my sister. If it fit mine I would have it for him but it doesn't go wide enough :(

fishy

Visit site
Saddle fitter came out and neither now fit!! Although the novus is the better in the short term. So am on the search for a 16.5 working hunter in a wide fit in brown. I have a sensible budget but can't afford brand new. Think ill put some lottery on I probably have more chance of winning than finding a saddle 😢