Seeing as not many comps on at the mo, have you got a pic that sums up your year?

posie_honey

Visit site
jess&pickle i love your horse!!

2010 has been a hell of a year for honey as i - after a couple of teeny xc's in 2009 (our first comps) we decided we had to try more things - although its also been a v short one as i also got married :D

but my proudest moments have been trying showing for the first time this year and within 3 shows acheiving WH champion, over all Hunter Champion and Show Champion at my local riding club show :D :D :D

to give you an idea of how difficult it even is to get to a show - she lives out 24/7 365 a mile from my house with no shelter other than trees and no electricity etc - so i'm preparing/plaiting up in whatever the weather is!

oh - and she is a headshaker so its pot luck on the day too and all dependant on weather/what plants grown near the show ground by etc etc etc

tosend.jpg

[Copyright image removed]

but we never took it too seriously - due to the above reasons i really thought we'd have no chance so we just went out to have fun lol!
IMG_0841.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

_Rach_

www.rhpeventing.weebly.com
jess&pickle i love your horse!!

2010 has been a hell of a year for honey as i - after a couple of teeny xc's in 2009 (our first comps) we decided we had to try more things - although its also been a v short one as i also got married :D

but my proudest moments have been trying showing for the first time this year and within 3 shows acheiving WH champion, over all Hunter Champion and Show Champion at my local riding club show :D :D :D

to give you an idea of how difficult it even is to get to a show - she lives out 24/7 365 a mile from my house with no shelter other than trees and no electricity etc - so i'm preparing/plaiting up in whatever the weather is!

oh - and she is a headshaker so its pot luck on the day too and all dependant on weather/what plants grown near the show ground by etc etc etc

tosend.jpg

[Copyright image removed]

but we never took it too seriously - due to the above reasons i really thought we'd have no chance so we just went out to have fun lol!
IMG_0841.jpg

LOVE the last picture :) she like mum what are you doing..... :D:D

Last edited by a moderator:

posie_honey

Visit site
LOVE the last picture :) she like mum what are you doing..... :D:D

its my alan partridge impression :eek: she often gives me that look tbh :eek:
i was over the moon as she'd not bucked with the ride judge :D (she had the time before :eek:)
i really go out to have fun at comps - its all about being there for me so i'm often found being silly :eek:

TGM

Visit site
I think it has to be this one - daughter coming sixth in her arena in Intermediate Dressage at the Pony Club National Championships:

DSC_0105.jpg

It was her last year on the pony, and they qualified for the Pony Club winter and summer championships, plus the British Riding Clubs winter and summers too!

And I love this one of her on her new boy, having fun at Pony Club camp:

music.jpg

H-J

www.piczo.com
These 2 pics definitely some up my year and the whole time ive had Doog really:

Finally understanding softness!! (only taken 2.5yrs!)

picture.php

And how he makes me feel everyday:

picture.php

Love my pone :)

langside

Visit site
Wow BAGGYBREECHERS was that this year? It seems like agaes ago now i was placing my bet on you ;)

GB and georgiegirl sounds very dodgy this car business :p

I'm not really going to bother with a pic seems most of the Beasties action has been seen in her stable whilst on box rest ;)
Im sure most of you can picture that/ something simular

stencilface

High upon a hillside
Visit site
Not really done that much this year really, but did manage to do my first newcomers, and would have done mroe had the weather not got in ym way the last month - roll on spring, and with any luck, more lessons and more comps :)

Awful position - on the way to remedying

DSC_6530.jpg

And first ever proper style water tray (ever, not even done one at home before this - he doesn't mind winging it every now and then ;) ) Ha - my face say it all though :D

DSC_6534.jpg

Aim for next year is to have a horse as half as fit and shiny as some horses on here :eek:

4faults

Visit site
This is my 4yo at the only show we managed this year before he managed to injure himself :rolleyes: we came 5th with 66% :D

Louie.jpg

Hoping to do a lot more with him next year

And my new girl who will be doing her first Prelim qualifier in January, will hopefully have a lot more to report on her next year

Kate2.jpg

chestnut cob

community.webshots.com
I never post in here usually so I hope you don't mind me joining in! I don't compete very often (because I am lazy and because my horse can be an ar£e to load so I have to really want to go somewhere to bother with the stress of loading!) but here are a couple:

Eland Lodge HT in the spring - first ever HT with him, he was a pain around the first half then fab around the second half. He loves water so I quite like these two:

Thanks to some problems with arthritis, he got very difficult and nappy to jump (despite being sound after treatment, he took a lot of convincing that it wasn't going to hurt) so we spent the summer having SJ lessons with someone who took us from having a breakdown over just a X pole to jumping 1m05 courses at home. Unfortunately no photos to prove this so you'll have to make do with one of a competition I actually went to (and came second in!), though the jumps are tiny:

http://www.photoboxgallery.com/HoofPrints/photo?photo_id=911892367

http://www.photoboxgallery.com/HoofPrints/photo?photo_id=911930496

I like the last two because although they are tiny jumps (esp compared to what most people on here jump!), it signalled me and my horse finally starting to get things together. He used to be a nightmare in warmups (would take off bucking, fight, was very tense) and now warms up sweetly at comps. Something has clicked during the summer SJ lessons and he is enjoying himself again. We're not jumping big at competitions but am hoping to be able to take it a bit more seriously next year as we finished the year with a few small things to cement our confidence.

And one flatwork pic. Again, nothing world beating but please remember I am a total numpty and my horse started the year still under vet treatment so have had a few ups and downs getting him comfortable and supple. And with short fat legs like mine, I'm never going to be able to ride such a big horse particularly well ;)

Chloe_GHE

Visit site
Awwww this post is nice, I'm loving looking at everyone's pics

I have 2

This sums up my year throwing all my efforts into trying to be successful eventing only to enter a showing class on a whim and go an win it!!!!!!

Soap winning the ROR Ridden Ex-Racer Class @ Royal County of Berks Show
newbury.jpg

Dustry my little 'project' who noone wants to buy :( which I'm secretly quite glad about as he's turn into a total star :) :) :)
dustry.jpg

Roll on 2011 - Good luck everyone :) x

ArcticFox

www.bryland.co.uk
'tis difficult for me as I want to put horsey and non horsey!

Horsey:
34603_463131288997_690193997_6179536_1385121_n.jpg

This was just after I got him and he was so nervous, it took a box of polos and lots of tlc!

Personal pic:
My hubby and I showed our rare breed Hebridean sheep at the royal highland show, yes we are mad and no, we didn't do very well, but it was a laugh.
Hubby is on the far right just on the very edge of the pic!
36350_468604064987_693329987_6366562_7964795_n.jpg

wispagold

Visit site
Can I have 3 photos? please?! Well I'm going to anyway!

My year started really well...we went to the grassroots championships at Badminton, it was a brilliant experience topped off when we jumped a double clear and were placed.
28697_781900489988_199706960_46854716_4125214_n.jpg

Then I completed a dream Ive had for years by jumping clear round the novice at Chatsworth. Made doubley special as I did it on my horse that I got as a 2yr old when I was 17 and did all the work with myself.
wispa-4.jpg

Then it all went to pot when I fell off at somerford park and fractured my tibia which swiftly ended my evening season.
IMG_0065-1.jpg

roll on 2011

kandm

Visit site
Had my boy since he was two years old, so have broken him etc etc by myself. It's been a real working progress. However this year he turned four and I took him to his first camp. It was his first time out doing SJ, and XC, and first group lessons, you name it we hadn't done it ;). However he behaved like a star!

34135_10150217196030328_649340327_13248505_8175020_n.jpg

Befney3

Visit site
P1020039.jpg

This year I've finally admitted that I'll never have the confidence to jump as competetively as I'd like to so I've moved to the dark side & taken up dressage. I'm still resisting becoming a full on 'dressage diva' but am secretly quite enjoying myself. I've even ordered the yellow Anky pad & bandages from the spring collection & am quite excited about them arriving.

This picture was taken at mine & Chillis first ever BD test where we scored 63.33%. I love my little racehorse 'cos he tries so hard for me. My aim for this year was to ride an Elementary test & we managed it. It was unaffiliated & only a small class but we scored 66% & were 4th. He's just had 8weeks off with some lameness but is now back in work & we're hoping to be back out at some BD Novices in Jan/Feb. :)

Scarlett

Visit site
For me this has been the year that things have started to come together with Pinky and looking through the pics from this year it is beginning to show.

Xc schooling...
DSCF0045.jpg

that coupled with a massive improvement in our SJ
DSCF0902.jpg

and a general overall more positive attitude to flatwork..
DSCF0012.jpg

makes me a happy bunny :) and one that is looking forward to competeing in 2011.

vam

Visit site
Im going to sneak in 2
P1020821.jpg

The first time either of us had been to the beach, something i was gutted i never got to do with my last horse. Even thou he was the youngest there he was fab, abit 'whats that?!' about the waves but went in when asked, had some lovely canters and just really enjoyed ourselves.

duckhurst.jpg

This was the last show i got to for this year and although it was only 80cm, it started to click and i felt that we might actually do ok. More lessons and shows needed but im starting to feel i might be able to do him justice.

Heidiham

Visit site
This pic of my homebred 4yr old BYEH-ing. This year has been my first year back competing for around 15 years and my first homebred to produce. Lots of fun!

HeidiBYEHRutland.jpg

and a gratuitous one of her taken 3.5 years ago!

Heidifoalcut.jpg

AandK

Visit site
Well, seeing as a few others have posted more than one pic, I will too :)

This year has been a very important one for me and the boy. It started off with an 8 day stay at horseptial for Andy with a serious bout of colic and after that, a few minor injuries. After a suspensory injury in 2008, we returned to eventing last year, rather unsucessfully I might add.. So this year was 'make or break' for us, as I was unsure if Andy still wanted to event after his behaviour in 2009..

I think this pic from Little Mattingley sums up how this year went! :) with the help of a fab new instructor, we have come on leaps and bounds this year and not been eliminated in the SJ once! We also completed a BE100, something I never thought we'd be able to do again.. :D

Mattingley1.jpg

Our year ended on a massive high at the Grafton team chase on 24th Oct. One of those rare perfect days, Andy was just awesome! (excuse the dangly legs :eek: )

Team.jpg

GraftonTeamChasefence3.jpg

This year has given me some hope for the future after a couple of pretty crap ones and has made me realise how lucky I am to have Andy and still be competing after all he has been though. :D

AlFresco

Visit site
This was me and my wee cob at the Scottish BD champs in September - we only affiliated in Apr and I never in my wildest dreams thought we would be in the placings never mind qualify for a championship! The whole day was a disaster in the end as pony was absolutely terrified of the outdoor arena at Ingliston and it was all I could do to keep him calm enough to stay in the white boards (got eliminated during our 'warm-up' test for exiting the arena! This was during a walk movement!) :)

My friend managed to capture this pic just at the right moment, everyone thinks the look on my face is pride but I was actually wondering what I was going to do with such a fruit-loop! ;) I love the pic though as I suffer badly from nerves (regularly used to throw up on the morning of comps!) and even though the day was a complete disaster I felt the calmest I ever have and the pic reminds me of how far we have both come both training wise and nerves wise! :D

Champs.jpg

Weezy

Visit site
Oh I would love to say that my year was full of this...

ADVG2.jpg

But sadly this was our last comp, in June! 2010 has been a crappy year for me and Ted, am hoping 2011 will be better :D

FigJam

teamhopalong.blogspot.com
Some really lovely photos on this thread. :)

I think this photo sums up how Hopalong and I have enjoyed our year;

Turnberry028.jpg

It was taken on the XC when we were taking part in a RF (didn't qualify for Badders, boo!) and we just had so much fun whizzing around the XC.

If I can sneak a 2nd cheeky photo in though, (although I know you are all probably bored of seeing this one! :p ) this is my favourite shot of 2010. It was taken on what I think was the toughest XC (BE100) we did this year and we went clear. When walking the course the day before I was quite (ok... very!) worried about the size of all the hedges on the course, but Hopalong flew them all nae bother and Mr FigJam caught us at the biggest. :D

Eglinton35.jpg