Selling horse stuff

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Hi Ceifer, with all the items I sold on eBay, I made sure that I purchased all my postage labels for each item via the eBay online postage centre, rather than taking the parcels down to the PO and purchasing the postage over the counter. That way even if you use Royal Mail 1st Class, it will be fully tracked and linked to the item. I personally found it a very joined up process. I estimated how much it would be for P&P and put down what I thought was going to be reasonable and not off putting on the listing, so I generally ended up contributing to the postage costs but equally all the items went for (a lot) more than I was expecting so I still ended up well ahead! ? I sold everything on 7day auction listings starting at £0.01 which seemed to get buyers interested.

I did have a couple of things that didn't go according to plan, but they were easily sorted and if I'm honest if I'd put just a little bit more info (ref the colour) then the misunderstanding could have been avoided. Still it was easily resolved.

I also had quite a few items purchased from overseas bidders, but you just need to cover the UK postage and eBay gives you the address to send to in the UK to their Worldwide dispatch centre, and they handle the rest. Items went to the US, Australia and NZ!

i think I had about 60 lots to sell, and it was quite a lot of work, as there are timescales to keep for dispatching the parcels (sell in batches and website that the items finish at prime time Fri/Sat/Sun evenings), but I got in contact with all my buyers to thank them for their purchase, and to keep them in touch with dispatch dates etc.

It was lovely to receive photos of the items been put into use in their new home - rugs, exercise sheets, saddlecloths, boots etc etc. It was a kind of a nice closure after losing my lovely horse that I'd had the privilege of looking after for 20 years. ??
generally if you buy postage thru ebay it's slightly cheaper than PO counter service too.
if selling through other channels it's still cheaper to buy RM postage online, usually only 20 or 50p but every little helps ;)

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
So down to about 47 items.

I've had a trickle of success at the tack sale, and a couple of items go on ebay but there's still a huge pile of it in the spare room and I get his rugs back soon!

I'm sick of the sight of it all, tempted to drastically slash the prices when it's inevitably relisted due to no buyers but that really pains me!

Got so many different items and people have been "watching" them just not bidding.

Just want it gone, I've had enough of horses and want it out the spare room, but at the same time, would at least like some money for it.

GoldenWillow

Visit site
Having had stuff hang around on ebay for about 5 weeks I sold most of my items, ranging in price from £75 to £6, this weekend so maybe selling is picking up after the Christmas hangover.

chaps89

Visit site
I think what I realised is people just don’t seem to spend out on second hand stuff. Have you checked your prices against other sellers?
Not that I could ever find cheap good quality items when I was looking to buy!