Selling saddles, where's best?

sollimum

Visit site
I am desperately looking for a secondhand saddle for our newly acquired highland mare who is table topped. Lots of friends keep popping by with potential saddles but non are wide enough. House is starting to look like a saddlery! I have managed to sell saddles before via preloved and facebook.

Northern

Visit site
I have sold most of my saddles on FB. I think the longest one took 6 months to sell, you need to be committed to "bumping" up or sharing them every now and then, otherwise they get lost! Take lots of photos and add as much detail as you can in the ad. If the saddle has a serial number, add a picture of that too. Ebay is also an option, but I find myself shying away from that, perhaps because you can "vet" the seller better on FB :p

I am currently saddle searching for my TB, and am finding myself looking overseas as the quality and price of saddles in the EU and UK are much more affordable than on this island (even with postage!). Would love to find a Prestige dressage, but trying to be realistic :p