Selling Thumper

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
So after literally months of fannying around, I've advertised Thumper for sale. I've popped him on New Rider for the moment - and will put some adverts up locally too. Horsemart and Horsedeals would probably be a good idea too - we'll see.

I think I'm advertising him for a reasonable amount, £3k. But obviously in this climate you have to be open to offers.

I feel terribly sad, but it's costing me a fortune to keep a horse that is entirely too good for me - when something with a less competative nature would suit me far better. He's such a super animal - with the ability to turn his foot to anything. I on the other hand can not.

So there we are. Let's hope he goes soon so that the heartache is over quickly.

TGM

Visit site
Sorry to hear this - although it sounds like you are making the right decision.

What are his stats and credentials?

ru-fi-do

Visit site
Arr no really sorry to hear that hun. If I didn't have my project pony at the min I would possibly be interested, my grey girly would love him
grin.gif

What are his credentails and whereabouts are you? PM me if you would rather.
smile.gif

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
QR He's 16.2hh gelding by Fire Rocket, 10 years old this time. He's hunted with the Berkely, and competed non affiliated show jumping, well schooled on the flat - and 100% in the heaviest of traffic.

I find him strong in company when doing fast work - and he's too strong for me to hunt. But I have the riding ability of a nat - so that's no suprise really.

I'm in Cardiff.

BeckyD

Visit site
Oh No
frown.gif
I love Thumper! But I know you've been thinking of it for a very long time. I'm sure he'll find a good home. If my OH would let me have another I'd bite your arm off, but he won't as we're saving for a new house
frown.gif

lexiedhb

Visit site
Ohhhhhh- it thought he had gone a long time ago......... wonders if she can scrape 3k together..... he's one of my faves on here!

Hope it all goes well for you AmyMay!

Gorgeous George

Visit site
Sorry to hear the news, but it sounds like it will be the right thing for you and him. I'm sure you'll find a lovely home for him.

((hugs)) for you, it must be really difficult for you.

NR99

Visit site
It's the right decisionAmyMay, well done you for taking the plunge. Good luck with finding him a lovely new home and finding yourself a nice ned
grin.gif

louisevictoria

Visit site
awww B I'm sorry
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

don't really know what else to say - apart from I know you will make sure he goes to the right person

Just out of interest what height has he been jumping?

quirky

Visit site
Aww, now don't be telling Thumper else he'll be brewing an abcess as we speak
blush.gif
tongue.gif

I think it is the right decision if you can't do with him what you feel he enjoys most. Having hunted a strong, strong pony myself, I know how damned unnerving it can be. It takes the whole enjoyment out of it
frown.gif

I hope he finds a home worthy of his talents
smile.gif

You going to get another one?

Off topic .... I was brought up in Penarth, a stones throw from you
grin.gif

Christmas Crumpet

Visit site
He sounds totally and utterly ideal for OH - he's looking for a hunter that is up to weight and "bold" as it were. Does Thumper jump well?

Eira

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

Off topic .... I was brought up in Penarth, a stones throw from you
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Off topic again ..

I live in there
grin.gif
grin.gif
tongue.gif

Aww I will miss the pics of Thumper in your siggie
frown.gif

But it sound like the right thing to do , hope you find him a smashing new home and yourself a new one
smile.gif

kick_On

Visit site
He's lovely and i'm sure Thumper will have good new home soon

psssssssssss i'm pretty sure i know him in hunting field - and i would say i think he's lovely

Fransurrey

Visit site
He sounds fabulous, Amy, I'm sure you'll have no troubles selling him. Out of my league in price and stature, but he sounds lovely!

atot

Visit site
He sounds lovely. It sounds like he might suit a fieldmaster? Perhaps you could dip into the local hunts and see if anyone's looking...I bet he'd make a cracking one! Some hunts have websites where you can advertise hunters too.

Best of luck!

MontyandZoom

Visit site
So sorry to hear that but I'm sure you are making the right decision. He is super so I'm sure you'll find a great home xxx

GinaGem

Visit site
Sorry your having to sell him but it sounds like a very sensible decision, hope everyhting works out well
smile.gif

ribena73

Visit site
Sorry to hear you've finally bitten the bullet but I'm sure you are making the right decision. If I hear of anyone who might be interested I'll let you know.

What are you going to do once he's gone?

Kenzo

Visit site
Sorry hear that, it's very sad parting with a good horse but gud uns always find lovely homes, I'm sure it will be nice for you to stay in touch and hear about how well he's doing and that a horses natural talent is being used to it's full potential.
smile.gif

Sarah1

Visit site
Hi hun
So sorry to hear you're going to part with him
frown.gif
, he sounds like such a super chap.
I know you've been mulling it over for a long while now & FWIW I think you're doing the right thing.
I know you'll find him a fab home - horses like him will always be much sought after.
Can only imagine how hard it is so ((((((hugs)))))))
Chin up, we're all here if you want a good old natter!
smile.gif

xxx

Ranyhyn

Visit site
There's no shame in admitting a horse is too much for you - best decisions I have ever made were those.
Good Luck with the sale - I will put the word about.

Pidgeon

Visit site
frown.gif
Sorry to hear you are selling him
frown.gif

Sorry to be nosey as this must have been a hard enough decision to make but are you selling him just because you think he's too good for you?
Pidge is far too good for me and would excel at Eventing with someone who has the confidence to do it, me I'm only just happy jumping 3' which is big enough for me! Friend who competes and has ridden him told me "I've just found my intermediate event horse" by the way he jumps and the amount of scope he has. Thing is Pidge is quite happy doing what he does with me and doesn't aspire to greater things....
Sorry didn't mean to ramble on
frown.gif

Twinkletoes

Visit site
I remember on here when you got him, and follow all yr posts with interest. Nothing to do with Thumper lol but youve always offered very good and sound advice over the few years Ive been on here.
I am sure your decision is the right one, you'll have no regrets once you've seen him settled in a well matched home.

I think it is very refreshing to see a horse so reasonably priced given the current market, and recognising that his abilities would be put to best use elsewhere. Well done on making what must have been such a hard decision, please keep us posted.
Carrots to Thumper, I hope he has taken the news well. x

muffinino

Visit site
Sorry to hear you are selling him but if it' 100% what you think is correct, then it's the right decision
frown.gif

I know a field master who's looking for a new horse, two actually, one for him and one for a friend's son. You already know him but will PM you the details
smile.gif

Berkeley

Visit site
Oh AM - I am saddened by your news.

You sound sure in your decision and to me it is the right thing for you and Thumper.

Lots of support coming your way.