Selling Thumper

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
Ah, thanks for your lovely posts everyone.

Pidge - no I'm not selling because he's too good for me. I just need something a little more suitable.

So I'll give you a buzz once he's sold to arrange collection of your lad
wink.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Pidgeon

Visit site
shocked.gif
rushes off to put a big padlock on the yard gate
smirk.gif
grin.gif

Sorry not been on here much so have missed what's been going on
frown.gif
Shame you are selling him though but at the end of the day horses are expensive in both time and money so if it's not right then it is time to sell.
P.S. If you are ever up this area feel free to come and have a spin on Pidge anytime
grin.gif

Pidgeon

Visit site
serious offer though if you are passing nearby
grin.gif
hope everything works out well for both you and thumper and look forward to new neddy
grin.gif

Theresa_F

Visit site
Very sensible of you - I spent far too long trying to click with Fleur - she was a very talented and quirky competition horse and I wanted a nice fun all rounder that I could sit on at shows chatting to mates rather than having to box her, compete and take her back to the lorry.

I am so much happier now with Chancer - he does everything I want, loves standing round with others at shows (he is very sociable) and more importantly I enjoy riding him.

I hope you find a lovely home for him and something that is what you enjoy soon.

ldlp111

Visit site
hi yes i thought £3000 was cheap too, im sure you are doing the right thing and he'll find a great home.

what sort of horse are you looking to get instead?
tongue.gif

bex1984

Visit site

AmyMay, I can imagine this would have been a difficult decision for you to come to and I hope the process of finding him a lovely new home goes well. I know someone who is looking for a new horse just like him but we're a long way away from you.

Now....are you going to go over to the dark side and get yourself a pony next?!
tongue.gif
wink.gif

Ranyhyn

Visit site
I am so much happier now I have a 'normal' horse. I had a competition bred TB who was lovely, but just too much for me. I am so happy with my cob-like ISH and I want to go out and do everything because I trust him so much.

Its a lovely feeling. Do you know what you are looking for next - on a happy note?

sleepingdragon10

Visit site
I'm sure that, even though it's hurting, you have his, and your best interests at heart. I'm also pretty certain he'll sell quickly, e's such a lovely, quality boy. xxx

Coffee_Bean

www.horseandhound.co.uk
I would kill for him in August. No kidding he's a little older than I want but I would be down to view at that price. Can't you wait a few months
tongue.gif
grin.gif
??!? And 3k is far too cheap. Believe me I have been browsing for something exactly like him, and he is too cheap, I reckon you could easily get another grand for him.

Hope it works out for you
smile.gif
What will you be looking for next?

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry had to post again. Seriously Amymay- he is worth more than 3k. People will pay money for a good horse- and he is good. Noooo I can't believe he's going now!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL - well you can have him for more if you want him.....
smile.gif

No, he's priced to sell, and the money is fair. Thanks though flower.
laugh.gif

Patches

Visit site
How did I miss this post?

I hadn't realised you were having such emotional turmoil over Thumper's future. I thought you were really happy and had worked out your little issues.

I'm so sorry to hear that it's come to this as I know you adore him. However, I completely admire and respect you being able to put the emotional attachment aside to do what will ultimately be the best thing for you and Thumper long term.

All too often people muddle through with a horse that isn't 100% for them. It's supposed to be fun, after all.

Someone once asked me, "would you feel happy and safe to canter/gallop your horse over an open field". For me the answer, with P, is yes. She said if the answer was no you didn't have the right horse for you and should keep looking.

I trust P, as far as humanly possible, largely because on ability (and more importantly my nerves/confidence level) she is 100% the right horse for me. She might be as flash of movement or as pretty as some, but I bought her to ride and not look at.
smile.gif

Thumper will be 100% the right horse for someone out there and I wish you all the best in finding him a suitable new home.

Good luck with finding a replacement that you can fully and confidently enjoy. ((((hugs))))