Serious failings of BD

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
THEY HAVE REMOVED SKYLLA'S APOSTROPHE :eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3:

Her name now reads The Skys the Limit, which I think you can all agree is ridiculous :(. I have sent emails, pleaded, been aghast and finally have given up, they will not change it as wait for it... their new IT system cannot support the use of apostrophes.... I asked what will happen to all the horses with them currently in their names and had no response :eek:.

I now completely feel the true devastation Hottotrot felt for all those years, if you're out there sunning it (I clearly have no idea about the weather in Japan :eek:) in Japan, any advice?

Skylla as you can see is traumatized by the bastardizing of her name :eek:

B1A45340-7EEE-4D92-99DA-553DECD4B7DB_zpsqdxlgdch.jpg

I wouldn't mind but I'm rubbish with apostrophes and was pleased I was actually using one correctly!

*and breathe*

Here ends my first world problem of the day rant :lol:, thank you for reading.

P.S. There are many serious failings of the BD system right now, so I'm not sure they really care about my wayward grammar :eek:. At least I've been entering the right sections, I think :eek3:...

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
lololololololol

I opened this wondering whether you'd been on the receiving end of one of their rude emails saying you were in the wrong section, because the computer said... wuhhh?? :D

Millie has still got hers :smug:
Though she never had one for BE, as they were way ahead of BD and did not allow apostrophes way back in 2004 when she was first registered ;)

(ETA for clarity M's passport name is HAPPA's Millie )

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
:mad: so not funny!!!

Well a little funny that they are still 13 years behind BE :eek::lol:

No rude emails about sections yet.... :eek3:

Cortez

Tough but Fair
Visit site
AGHAST! What is the world coming to? Actually, I'm only semi joking as the english language is under serious assault on all fronts and the use of apostrophies is IMPORTANT.

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
My stud prefix doesn't have an apostrophe as the central prefix register won't let you have any so my home bred ponies will always be quite wrongly apostrophe-less :( makes me sad :(

:( I truly feel your pain, it makes me sad too :(.

AGHAST! What is the world coming to? Actually, I'm only semi joking as the english language is under serious assault on all fronts and the use of apostrophies is IMPORTANT.

Indeed, her name makes no sense now :(.

They tried to say it was to do with horses having names too similar, but then that annoyed me as Topaz had to be Leap of Faith II under their system as Leap of Faith was taken, but Leap of Faith has so far never ever competed but they wouldn't remove it from their system :(.

Nugget La Poneh

Visit site
I had this, despite the other horse being registered in 2008, and not competed yet. Apparently, as they MIGHT decide to compete affiliated for the first time, 9 years after registration, I have to put II after the name. Also added complication which they couldn't quite get their heads round was the 'original' one is also a haflinger, and is based about 20 miles from here so BD were adamant it was the same horse initially. After all that confusion, I've yet to register mine as got put off.

Should've just let them carry on thinking that really, rather than correcting them.

Which reminds me, really need to finish the registration off!

j1ffy

Visit site
That's infuriating! As a grammar pedant it really angers me (as did this morning's H&H article where they've used 'lead' instead of 'led' :angry:).

Plenty of IT systems these days can handle punctuation, surely it should have been one of the requirements?! Or should we just be glad that part of the new BD IT system is finally being implemented...

Anyway, I hope it doesn't distract you and Skye from your wonderful BD career!!

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
I had this, despite the other horse being registered in 2008, and not competed yet. Apparently, as they MIGHT decide to compete affiliated for the first time, 9 years after registration, I have to put II after the name. Also added complication which they couldn't quite get their heads round was the 'original' one is also a haflinger, and is based about 20 miles from here so BD were adamant it was the same horse initially. After all that confusion, I've yet to register mine as got put off.

Should've just let them carry on thinking that really, rather than correcting them.

Which reminds me, really need to finish the registration off!

:lol: that is fully bonkers! If the other one was same height and sex I'd be tempted to say yep they're the same ;).

That's infuriating! As a grammar pedant it really angers me (as did this morning's H&H article where they've used 'lead' instead of 'led' :angry:).

Plenty of IT systems these days can handle punctuation, surely it should have been one of the requirements?! Or should we just be glad that part of the new BD IT system is finally being implemented...

Anyway, I hope it doesn't distract you and Skye from your wonderful BD career!!

I am not very good at being 'correct' with my grammar :eek:, so I'm doubly frustrated that I was correct with my usage and now they've ruined it :(. Their IT system is most probably as far away from actually being implemented as it was before, it's just now they have two databases to keep up to date and neither will speak to the other one with apostrophes and one without :lol:, complete bonkers'ness (yes I'm putting them EVERYWHERE now :lol:).

Ahem Skylla :eek:

Apostrophes ;-)

:lol:

smja

Visit site
They tried to say it was to do with horses having names too similar, but then that annoyed me as Topaz had to be Leap of Faith II under their system as Leap of Faith was taken, but Leap of Faith has so far never ever competed but they wouldn't remove it from their system :(.

I had this, despite the other horse being registered in 2008, and not competed yet. Apparently, as they MIGHT decide to compete affiliated for the first time, 9 years after registration, I have to put II after the name.

It seems I was lucky, then! I called up and begged them to allow my horse the same numerals in his BD name as his BE/FEI one. Thankfully the horse already registered with those numerals was fairly elderly and hadn't competed for years :)

TBH, I'd rather a missing apostrophe than *shudder* a misplaced one :D

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
It seems I was lucky, then! I called up and begged them to allow my horse the same numerals in his BD name as his BE/FEI one. Thankfully the horse already registered with those numerals was fairly elderly and hadn't competed for years :)

TBH, I'd rather a missing apostrophe than *shudder* a misplaced one :D

:mad3: clearly favoritism at work :mad3:

See I was happy I was using one correctly!

j1ffy

Visit site
:lol: that is fully bonkers! If the other one was same height and sex I'd be tempted to say yep they're the same ;).

I am not very good at being 'correct' with my grammar :eek:, so I'm doubly frustrated that I was correct with my usage and now they've ruined it :(. Their IT system is most probably as far away from actually being implemented as it was before, it's just now they have two databases to keep up to date and neither will speak to the other one with apostrophes and one without :lol:, complete bonkers'ness (yes I'm putting them EVERYWHERE now :lol:).

Ahem Skylla :eek:

:lol:

Gosh sorry!! I knew it was wrong as I was writing it but I couldn't remember her correct name for the life of me!

Mike007

Visit site
Hi,Bob the nota cob here .You are so right OP.The dressage world is falling apart . I have always regarded myself as the zero against which all other horses compare their performance .Yet today a judge used words like "Rhythm" and "purposeful" on my test sheet . My only salvation was that mike quick thinkingly threw in an error and saved me having the humiliation of an over 60% score .The dressage world is going to hell in a handbasket!

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
I'd be changing her name to 'The sky is the limit' :D

Funny :mad3: ;)

Hi,Bob the nota cob here .You are so right OP.The dressage world is falling apart . I have always regarded myself as the zero against which all other horses compare their performance .Yet today a judge used words like "Rhythm" and "purposeful" on my test sheet . My only salvation was that mike quick thinkingly threw in an error and saved me having the humiliation of an over 60% score .The dressage world is going to hell in a handbasket!

:eek3: Wow that was a close shave, good job you've got Mike there!