Share your cat pictures :)

Shady

Visit site
Oh Shady, your cat MoMo looks so much like a cat we used to have, I had to do a double take. Here she is at about 19 yo, sadly both she and the brown Burmese are no longer with us and I miss both like crazy.
Goodness F , they are similar, Seal tabby point, he's Squee's brother , i love that you can get Orientals and Siamese in the same litter and these two are the loveliest of cats. Love your Burmese, i had a lilac girl many years ago, i was 18 and saved for a year to buy her, i lost her just before i moved here , she was the most beautiful cat, broke my heart to say goodbye and iv'e never had another. I absolutely love your Kasper too, he is stunning:) xxx

BeckyFlowers

Visit site
I'm loving this thread! Such beautiful kittehs. I can't upload a photo of Daisy from my phone, it says file is too large 😭

Iwantakitten

Visit site
Another white cat! Is yours deaf on its blue side, or has it managed to avoid that genetic quirk?

I’m not actually sure. She can definitely hear in some capacity and if you make noise by her blue eye ear she turns to look but I have no idea how to find out otherwise!

HashRouge

Visit site
Gorgeous cats guys! My favourites are Pepper and Poppy, for sentimental reasons - we had got our Pepper in 2000 as a kitten and she died last November aged 17. She was a dark tortoiseshell and such a darling. And Poppy looks and sounds like our other cat, Stan! Stan is also pure white (not deaf though - he has one blue eye and one green) and is super-agressive at the vets - he often has his jabs through the top of the cage and the vets always wear the special gauntlets that go all the way to the elbow to handle him. He's a cuddly monster at home though!

ETA I still can't post pictures! Apparently my files are too large!

HappyHollyDays

Slave to 2 cats and 2 ponies
Visit site
View attachment 26149
Above: Smokey, 4 years old, 3/4 Ragdoll X 1/4 British Shorthair Lilac

Below: Tula, 6 months old, 3/4 Maine Coon X 1/4 Siberian
View attachment 26150

Smokey is stunning especially with the blue eyes and Tula must be quite a large cat going by how much of of the basin is filled at just 6 months of age 😁. My next cat will be a lilac point BSH but I am very taken with Peregrine Falcons Egyptian Mau.

npage123

Visit site
Smokey is stunning especially with the blue eyes and Tula must be quite a large cat going by how much of of the basin is filled at just 6 months of age 😁. My next cat will be a lilac point BSH but I am very taken with Peregrine Falcons Egyptian Mau.

Aw thank you so much!
I agree fully with your comments :p
Interestingly Smokey and the rest of her litter were born on the same day as a big litter of absolutely gorgeous chocolate Labrador puppies. The breeder provided a massive bed and a whole room for them to play in, and all the puppies and kittens slept together intermingled with one another. Out of all of my pets, Smokey loves our Staffie the most and can often be found sleeping next to him. She loves his fleece blanket and she can't get enough of rubbing her face all over his body, and would forever try and get him to lick and sniff her by hovering by his mouth and sniffing or rubbing onto his face. As a kitten she was extremely naughty (think kitten climbing up human's leg as if it's a tree trunk to be conquered...) with a very strong personality. She was actually bought to be a 'dope on a rope' companion for my very elderly and ill Chinchilla that I still had at the time, as I felt my Chinchilla needed another feline friend for company when she lost her half sister. But Smokey kitty had way too much energy and fighting spirit and they weren't really a good match. Although Smokey can't really be blamed as she was in all honestly just being a playful kitten. However the vet said she's probably got more British Shorthair than Ragdoll in her as the B Shorthairs can sometimes be very dominant in personality.

Little Tula is growing very fast yes, and she just gets prettier and more lovely with time. She's extremely people orientated and very talkative. She's got such a warm little body with that thick coat of hers, but loves cuddles, hugs, sleeping right by my shoulder with her head pressed onto my neck or cheek. At the moment Smokey is still the bigger and stronger cat when they chase each other and have play fighting sessions, but it won't be long then Tula will be larger than Smokey and will probably use that to her advantage! She's got medium long hair but it's very smooth and it's no effort to groom her. After my Persians, these two kitty cats are so much easier to keep knot-free :)

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
My late Fluffy cat, a rescue who was scared of his own shadow when we got him, sadly we lost him very quickly in March this year due to cancer of gall bladder and stomach which was devastatingly quick to manifest itself. He was a big fella, struggled with the cat flap, wasn't fat at all but weighed in at 6kg. We think he was part Maine or Norwegian Forest. 20150417_133605.jpg
20150417_133605.jpg

timbobs

Visit site
My late Fluffy cat, a rescue who was scared of his own shadow when we got him, sadly we lost him very quickly in March this year due to cancer of gall bladder and stomach which was devastatingly quick to manifest itself. He was a big fella, struggled with the cat flap, wasn't fat at all but weighed in at 6kg. We think he was part Maine or Norwegian Forest. View attachment 26171
View attachment 26171
Sorry you lost him, he was gorgeous!

npage123

Visit site
Thank you, he's left a huge hole in our hearts here x

I'm so sorry for your loss. I know what you're going through as I lost two gorgeous cats with very loving unique personalities a while ago. One we lost due to a rectal type cancer and kidney failure, and I had to treat and 'nurse' her back end several times a day. After 2 operations the cancer returned but, this time in a place where it was inoperable and she had open tumours in the worst possible position, the most dignified thing to do was to PTS, which was a horrible decision to make. The other cat had kidney failure but she 'went' relatively quickly. I noticed one evening at bedtime that she wasn't herself at all, and in the morning knew there was something major wrong and that it would be her last journey to the vets that morning. Devastating.

I wish I could tell you that it gets easier with time and that times' a great healer, etc, but in my experience I think that with time, it becomes easier to deal with the loss and cope with our reactions when we are thinking about those we've lost. I wish you the best of luck.

silv

Visit site
Hydro and Mia, mother and daughter middle aged ladies, they had been at the local SPCA for many months, it’s been great seeing their personalities develop. They don’t do much apart from sleep,sunbathe or hog the fire in the winter. I don’t imagine they would ever catch any birds.

Attachments

• 30621E8D-966D-4440-86A2-E3B8A97FE598.jpeg
    30621E8D-966D-4440-86A2-E3B8A97FE598.jpeg
    554.5 KB · Views: 8

timbobs

Visit site
Thought I would ask for the famous HHO vibes for Timmy on this thread.

We think he had a seizure last night- he woke us up in the middle of the night acting very strangely and not able to walk. Rushed him straight to the vets and he’s still there now.

Waiting to hear more this afternoon so everything crossed for Timmy please 😥

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
Get well soon Timmy!
cat_hug.gif

cava14una

Visit site
Really sorry to hear about Timmy:( How old is he and has he had seizures before. My friend has a 19 year old Birman who has had seizures for several years. They are normally weeks apart and she recovers very quickly after them. Vet is quite happy to let my friend manage her care and she is not on any regular medication. Sometimes she has cystitis and is treated for that not sure if there is a connection. High temperature maybe?

Hope your boy recovers. My Timmy sends nose bumps and whiskery kisses as do Pip and Spice

timbobs

Visit site
It’s not sounding good for our gorgeous boy 😥

Spoken to the vets and he’s very wobbly and disorientated and they are leaning towards a brain tumour or cyst. He’s comfortable enough to monitor overnight but if there’s no improvement we’ll make the call tomorrow.

The worst part of having animals 🙁

timbobs

Visit site
Went down to the vets and he had gone downhill so we let him go 😢 so sad but it was definitely the right decision for him. RIP Timmy