Share your tiny happinesses

NinjaPony

Visit site
I’m finding being at the yard very difficult without my Connie now so this is a good reminder to me to find the happy moments.

Pony hadn’t got out his field again, thanks to boosting the electric. Always good to arrive and see that he’s still in his field!

I also managed to have a good 5 minutes of strokes and fuss before he got bored and grumpy, which for him is pretty good going. He’s actually been a bit less grouchy to handle since I lost my other boy, I wonder if he’s making allowances for me.

southerncomfort

Visit site
My youngster who was not very happy about me handling his feet when I first had him, now happily lifts his feet up for me and let's me give them a good clean. Not only that but my non horsey husband picked out all 4 feet yesterday. Can't wait to show my farrier how much he's improved! ?

Also, I just picked up the Christmas Radio Times so I'm feeling very festive. I ?

Surbie

Visit site
I rode Cobbus in the cold this morning, after 4 days off on new grass, and he didn't put a foot wrong. Finished by playing with his RDA voice commands and he's still faultless at Walk On, March, Trot and Gallop (canter). God I love that horse!

Also a new horse was introduced to the boys field. I was a bit nervous as the new horse is a bit spicy to handle, but Archie & new horse just had a long grooming smoochy session and settled to graze.

Lovely thread!

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Baby pony, who has been ridden maybe 30 times in her life, spread over the course of 6 months, had a potential sharer ride her on Friday. Sharer is a slightly rusty adult and Pebbles was sweet and kind and forgiving (despite wind, cold, cows mucking about next door and Arty calling from the stables), and she seemed to be very happy with her new rider.

smolmaus

Visit site
I found my fleecy PJ bottoms at the bottom of the wardrobe and I can work in them all day and be cosy when it's frosty and beautiful outside.

Being trusted with a few more responsibilities at my Sunday volunteering. Just small things like giving simple meds to very biddable tinies and doing final evening checks but it feels good to be useful ❤

SEL

Visit site
my terribly awkward pony got straight up the ramp for the transporter this afternoon, funny thing to be pleased about but I do like it when you feel like you've trained them OK after all :) Proud parent kinda thing.

Oh I completely get that! When the Appy went to the vet the transport company posted a photo on their FB page (with my permission) saying what a delight it was to transport such a polite horse. I nearly fell over in shock!!

In my head she's still that problem 4yo I got given - but actually looking at the behaviour of a few horses on our yard recently she's absolutely not That Horse any longer.

Hope it goes well today :)

exracehorse

Visit site
My daughters pony, a beautiful arab who we sold many years ago is coming back to us this Friday. I’ve always kept in touch with his owner. Sadly .. and very suddenly, she passed away at a young age 5 weeks ago. We went to see him last weekend at the livery yard. Very emotional. His very old and broken. Back legs are not great. But he will have a home with us until the end. Sorting out the stable Thursday. And the lorry will bring him Friday. So , it’s come full circle and darling Beau will return. 1C49FD11-889A-4EBE-BBF0-624AFC4E3951.jpeg1C49FD11-889A-4EBE-BBF0-624AFC4E3951.jpeg

Ceriann

Visit site
My mare’s talking when we in hand train. I was so disappointed when back vet asked me not to to school for a couple of months and work in hand BUT I now really enjoy it and love how she knows how clever she is on some of the movements and nickers and woofles to tell me (and in anticipation of her treat).

Evie91

Visit site
Taking both ponies out for a ride in the snow on Saturday. There is something special and very basic about riding in the snow
View attachment 60668
This has reminded me of one of my favourite memories. years ago I lived in Kent and shared a 17hh cbx we were out hacking- the riding there was amazing, loads of bridle paths and could hack for hours with minimal road work And barely see another soul.It started to snow and by the time we got home everything was whited over, just reminded me how much I enjoyed that ride, how beautiful it was and the next week I was galloping across a beach in Maritius (on holiday for a friends wedding). Thanks for sharing