Share your tiny happinesses

jkitten

Visit site
Ariat's Windemere II in full calf, my best buy in ages! They are so sturdy but so soft, like they're pre-broken in, and even on the first wear I hardly even notived they were there. My best buy in ages tbh.

Edit: I also tried a few other more expensive models by Ariat, but for me the Windemere II were by far the most comfortable.

Skib

sites.google.com
This is nothing to do with riding. But I am happy because we just ate roast mutton for lunch. Not lamb. Real mutton. I havent roasted mutton since I married in 1965. But now due to Covid, we buy meat on line. It was delicious. When I was a child the pub was called The Leg of Mutton and Cauliflower. So we ate cauliflower as well.

Griffin

Visit site
I have owned my mare for several years now but in the last few weeks she has actually started to greet me when I arrive at the yard. It's almost as if she has finally realised that I am not going to move her on (she had several owners before me in quick succession despite her relatively young age when I got her) and has started to trust me.

SaddlePsych'D

Visit site
Share horse and I went for a hack with my OH on foot. We enjoyed seeing lots of cycling Santas in the woods, share horse found them very interesting.

Then I ascended 'mount poo' (muck heap) to tidy it up which was hard work but very satisfying.

Finished up with watching share horse get his shoes done, I've never actually seen this being done. OH found it interesting too and the farrier taught us quite a bit, plus I now have a nice shiny horse shoe at home :D

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Made me very happy that my horses broke the fence dividing them in the barn and ripped off a leg strap completely and pulled a big hank out of an already thin tail ...... but nobody had a scratch on them and my piggy girl didn't get too much extra food.

Feel very relieved.

windand rain

Visit site
Made me very happy that my horses broke the fence dividing them in the barn and ripped off a leg strap completely and pulled a big hank out of an already thin tail ...... but nobody had a scratch on them and my piggy girl didn't get too much extra food.

Feel very relieved.
not sure I should like that post but very pleased no real harm was done

ownedbyaconnie

Visit site
Let's have a thread of the small things that have made you happy lately.

The first time I had Blue clipped, two years ago, she had to be sedated. Today, I clipped her loose in her stable with just a haynet to keep her still. (I mean, the clip's a mess, but that's down to me, not her!)
Ah I can relate! Had exactly the same with mine and when she just stood there for me to clip I almost got a bit teary ?

ownedbyaconnie

Visit site
Has a dressage clinic yesterday with someone that has never seen my mare before and I didn’t mention her teeth issues, historic headshaking etc and he said she looked really comfortable in the contact and very consistent. I could have cried. 3 years of riding with washing line reins, playing around with tack and overriding my mares association of contact with pain has finally paid off!

Keira 8888

Visit site
Has a dressage clinic yesterday with someone that has never seen my mare before and I didn’t mention her teeth issues, historic headshaking etc and he said she looked really comfortable in the contact and very consistent. I could have cried. 3 years of riding with washing line reins, playing around with tack and overriding my mares association of contact with pain has finally paid off!
This is fab! Well done you ????