Dressage Sheepgate? Summer music champs

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Just seen BD have changed the rules for the summer music champs and it's now the to 15 on the leaderboard, rather than top 10, that can go to the summer music champs at Sheepgate.

Good news... I had decided to leave it up to fate whether we would qualify or not but looks like fate just got a bit of a leg up :p so its time to think a bit more seriously about whether we'd go or not.

it's a 200 mile trip each way for us so have any HHOers got any insider info about what it's like as a venue? indoor/outdoor, spooky/not etc?

shortstuff99

Currently Cambridgeshire! (or where ever I fancy)!
Visit site
It has 3 outdoor arenas (two next to each other bordered by a hedge) and the third on the other side of the hedge. The warm up consists of an outdoor arena and an indoor arena. You can have permanent or temporary stabling usually and the facilities are pretty good. I don't find it a particularly spooky venue and would say it was worth the trip. They often have live feeds of their shows so you may be able to watch some replays on their website and get a feel of it.

milliepops

Visit site
brill will take a look. I forsee hedge dramas, lol!

as a music show I guess that means the will only run one class at a time?!

Hallo2012

Visit site
organisers and organisation are 10/10, lovely people and runs like clockwork.

good cafe with good food not just junk.

scores go up quickly.

never found the arenas spooky, but occasionally you will be competing whilst they are harvesting at the back of the outdoors............mine wouldn't care as lives sandwiched between dairy farms so is used to all sorts of insanity kicking off but something worried by farm machinery might not be impressed.

comet!

Visit site
My horse is a hedge hater, but he’s pretty much ok there (probably jinxed myself now if I do qualify!)

I’m in a similar situation as I too was leaving it to fate. I was hoping to qualify at medium bronze thinking that ele silver was way too open for me to qualify, then suddenly got three decent scores at ele silver and so I now need to try and get a couple more in.

Scores are normally up online by the time you’ve walked off. Whenever I’ve been there for a championship show, they’ve always made it feel like a proper championship.

Having qualified last year and then missed it due to a field injury, I’d say go for it if you qualify 🙂

milliepops

Visit site
Brill thanks all.
That vid was helpful actually, hedge should be set back enough for us to cope! :rolleyes:

of course everything can change with leaderboards but it's looking achievable at this stage so think we will go on a road trip :D