Sheepskin Half Pads - How?

KJJ

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Hun - for some reason it is fashion to put them over the saddlecloth/numnah, when in fact it should be the other way around! How can the sheepskin work properly on the back if there is a layer of cotton between them?

[/ QUOTE ]Well sweets this is EXACTLY what i was thinking.. hmmm... TBH the reason to use it is to lift the saddle.. (on saddler advice) so will see how it goes....

As none of the materials are synthetic it should be OK.

KJJ

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Can someone explain this fashion to me - I see so many horses around here with huge amounts padding between them and the saddle. Surely if your saddle fits (although I can see the reason for the use of one in OP) then you dont need huge amounts of padding and how the hell can you feel the horse under you.

[/ QUOTE ]Well I think the 'fashion' is that it looks 'nice'... however I will be using the pad on the saddlers suggestion as although my sadle fits it could do with raising ... it will need adjusting in 3months when Jaguars back muscles develop/regain after having so much time off...

Once the saddle is adjusted the pad will no longer be used.
crazy.gif

KJJ

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Ahh Stephens ones are the best! So nice to touch! I use mine in betwene my boys thin cotton saddlecloth and his saddle because I use it for his sensitive / cold back (rather than the airflow bit).

[/ QUOTE ]Tis what I thought about Stephens....

I was gunna get the grey lambswool... but stuck with the natural colours.

KJJ

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
They are fab. Ellie has hers straight on her back.

[/ QUOTE ]OK thankies
smile.gif

I'm gunna have a bit of trial and error me thinks!!

jj_87

Visit site
mine has a saddle cloth under it to keep it clean as horsey stuff has been banned from our washing machine so i have to keep stuff as clean as poss and wait for parents to go away for the weekend then it gets chucked in
smile.gif
You can wash your pads at a 30 wash
smile.gif
i wash my geleeze one in the same way

Sparklet

Visit site
I got a Stephens one too and put mine on between the saddle and a saddle cloth to prevent the need to wash it because that spoils the wool. They do bed down and are not quite as thick as they appear and they also absorb all the saddle movement which must be more comfortable for the horse. My girl definitely likes hers as she has been much softer to ride since I put it on.

Highly recommend them.

Emily99

Visit site
i have a morhpeous one and a Premier equine one (for at home).. bascially the same as the stephens!
I use mine to lift my saddle on advice of my saddler and for extra comfort on my boys back.
I normally use one of them with a saddlecloth underneath, but remove the saddlecloth when i'm showing etc (I do workers so doesn't matter as much).