Shocked and heartbroken

SashaBabe

Visit site
What a terrible thing to happen. Your freelancer must be in shock too. Take care of yourself. Sending hugs xx

hobo

Visit site
So very sorry for your loss. Sweet looking mare they break our hearts sometimes you have to try and remember the good times which in time you will.

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
I am so sorry for your loss. I also feel for your freelancer.

I have had this with one I just bought, it was awful, I was in shock as it was so unexpected (passed 5 stage vetting 24 hours previously!). It was not the most pleasant thing to witness either, I feel for your freelancer. She must know she did nothing wrong, but it is difficult not to blame yourself.

I had that one PMed, it was simply an electrical heart attack, no rupture, nothing. I was out with a friend years ago, theirs ruptured an aorta. After mine, my vet said it is more common than people think.

Hugs all round. X

NinjaPony

Visit site
How devastating. I’m so sorry, what an awful thing to happen to you and freelancer. Take care of yourself and get some support if you need it

rabatsa

Far from the madding crowd
Visit site
Hugs to you and your freelancer. I too have known this happen in a 3yr old that was in a trailer. Loaded fine and was dead less than half a mile away at a new field.

brighteyes

Pooh-Bah
Visit site
How awful for you and her rider. I think she will not have suffered and I am so glad you could have her brought home for her friend to do the thing they do and nobody was hurt. Three small positives to try and ease what must have been a dreadful day for you. RIP Fizz

Hope you are OK x