Shocked by this from WFP

AandK

Visit site
Also thinks WFP always looks a bit odd in a top hat too... not the only one it seems!

As for the freedom of choice factor its a hard one. Yes he would be safer in a proper hat, I don't think anyone can question that. He would also be safer if he wasn't on the horse...

Also as for the NHS, I wonder what a hospital would look like if you kicked out all the self inflicted people... all the smokers, druggies, people who eat rubbish diets, do dangerous sports, do no exercise and then do stupid things etc. Basically most of us are pillocks and need to be 'fixed' at some point.

At the end of day no matter what you do entails risk, how you manage that risk is up to you essentially. We can put laws and rules in but it is still up the rider how that risk is managed.

Sums it up perfectly for me!!

Xanthoria

Visit site
I object to a highly pro-risk subset trying to impose their rationale on those who take a more muscular view on the relative risks involved in a voluntary sport. If you are not worried about your ability to remain on top of a horse then by all means wear whatever you choose, but please don't attempt to graft your views on those who do not share your opinions. A great number of riders worldwide do consider a safety helmet necessary, that is their decision and I feel that they should be allowed to make it.

Fixed that for you ;)

vanrim

Visit site
I have always thought he looked a right pollock in the ridiculously tall top hat. He couldn't possibly look any worse in a crash hat for the dressage especially with all the ultra modern designs available. Yes it is his choice not to wear safer headgear but if he falls off he can pay privately please and not expect me as a taxpayer to pick up his hospital bill!

orionstar

Visit site
I'm a strong believer in Natural Selection, but then it also annoys me when the NHS is stretched to the limit by people who prove the theory, and others are left waiting in corridors because of it!