SHOES how much are you paying????

bigboyrocky

Visit site
50 a set, 55 with stud holes, but dont tell anyone! :p he charges everyone else 60/65 but we used him before he was qualified so didnt change the price for us ;)

hes absoloutly AMAZING, easy to get hold of, always on time, and lets you know if hes going to be late at all.. also a brilliant farrier.. what more could you want?!

alsxx

Visit site
Where in north kent are you? I am near Sevenoaks and can think of a few different farriers, feel free to pm. I currently pay £60 a set including road nails.

polopony

Visit site
A whopping £65.. It makes me wonder why the boy gets his own little 'pedicure' and new shoes for sixty five quid and I'm lucky if I get an £8 tesco value pair. The sacrifices we make for our horses!

alfirules

Visit site
I pay £70 a set including road nails.

There are a few farriers in my area that are a bit cheaper, but they are not as good and they are unreliable, The farrier i have now is always at yard on time and always phones if he is going to be late, so i think he is worth paying a bit extra. and vet was very impressed with his feet the other day too, so that makes me pleased to know the vet is pleased with them.

suzi

Visit site
£70 for a full set, £60 for refits, £1.50 per stud hole.

Cheaper than some round here but I also know people who pay less.

But, he has been our farrier for the last 15/16 years at least and has done an amazing job recently of sorting out my TB's feet and keeping him sound.

Am thinking of moving to the West Country in a year or so and just wish I could take the farrier with me!!

Solstar

Visit site
£60 for full set
£28 for fronts
replaces lost shoes free
tries to come out asap

Although I did have an 'incident' on Friday though when the boss decided to shoe my TB differently to what he has normally (I wasn't there) - hence a lame horse all weekend and me absolutely FUMING. Usual lad came out first thing yesterday to shoe him properly- and I now have a seemingly sound horse. I wasn't charged for the first shoeing- I wouldn't have paid anyway! Got yesterdays at a discount too.

Kao

Visit site
...Nothing :D Barefoot for the win!

Haha, the other horses all have full sets except the Dressage mare, she's only got fronts.
We just changed farrier and I think it's about £70 for a full set?
£25 for a trim...good job I've got my own rasp!

kirstyl

Visit site
I pay £60 full set, £62.50 with road nails. On the rare occasions we have re-fits I think I get a fiver off. Hasn't charged to put back on the very occasional shoe pulled off. Blacksmith is fantastic, very reliable and knowledgeable.

ironhorse

Visit site
£75 a set or £65 for refits, she is done every 5 weeks. I'm in Warwickshire. Good farrier tho - hers are natural balance type shoes and have resolved typical poor feet found on quarter horses!
Back ones will come off when she goes to stud, not convinced about having her totally barefoot!

Caz89

Visit site
£65 full set every 6 weeks and good old frog trim up and clean up

Looks like I'm in the wrong business <yikes> Don't think my back would hold out being a farrier though :eek:

KatB

Visit site
£60 a set plus stud holes at £1 a hole. Really excellent farrier though, and does everything I wold ask about being done before I mention it to him!

MrsMozart, I think you have the same farrier as me (MH?!) I've heard he can be difficult to get hold of, but I've never had a problem!