Shopping help, thin gilet

ElleSkywalker

As excited as Kitty about to be a bridesmaid
Visit site
Afternoon,

I have to finally admit that my very much beloved Zara Phillips musto gilet is not up to the job anymore and allow it to retire. I tried to retire it before but due to how awesome it is dug the poor thing back out again earlier this year and squished into it, neither of its pockets zip close any more, its frayed around all the seams and I doubt it's even slightly water proof anymore, but I love it so ?

So, can anyone find me a replacement? Thin non padded shower proof gilet, in navy or other dark colour, at least one if not two zippable pockets, size 8 or 10 as I like them too be tight to squish the boobs down and feel a bit corsety ?

The original cost something ridiculous like £120 10 or so years ago, it's been worth every penny but I'd rather not pay the same again.....unless someone can find be an exact replacement.

Thanks shoppers ?

millikins

Visit site
It's really hard to find a nice gilet so I'm waiting for responses with interest. I have an ancient Toggi, it's lightly padded but o.k. unless weather is really hot, with good pockets and an inside one for your phone. Every potential replacement is too hot, never has the inside zipped pocket or the collar comes up too high.

ElleSkywalker

Visit site
Honestly I really don’t work for them but I always seem to recommend them. Head over to Kramer, a whole section of just gilets.

Do Kramer still ship to the uk? I did think there was some Brexit related problems? Could have dreamed that of course and very much hope so as whole section of gilets to browse sounds amazing ?

TPO

Visit site
Not a horsey brand and I cant vouch for them beyond the pretty colour but M&S had a good range for approx £35-40.

They felt like good quality and I'm sure that they were shower proof too. I accidentally bought a gilet elsewhere so didnt buy the M&S one in the end so cant vouch for how good or not they are but I liked them on the hanger

ElleSkywalker

Visit site
That's lovely Asha but it's a warm one and am after thin thin thin. Storing it away in my head for winter tho ?

I've ordered a horsewear Nessa gilet for interim. I don't love it. Its not Zara. But I will report back when it arrives if it's any good.

Keep suggestions coming tho folks as still looking for a true replacement ?

bouncing_ball

Visit site
Afternoon,

I have to finally admit that my very much beloved Zara Phillips musto gilet is not up to the job anymore and allow it to retire. I tried to retire it before but due to how awesome it is dug the poor thing back out again earlier this year and squished into it, neither of its pockets zip close any more, its frayed around all the seams and I doubt it's even slightly water proof anymore, but I love it so ?

So, can anyone find me a replacement? Thin non padded shower proof gilet, in navy or other dark colour, at least one if not two zippable pockets, size 8 or 10 as I like them too be tight to squish the boobs down and feel a bit corsety ?

The original cost something ridiculous like £120 10 or so years ago, it's been worth every penny but I'd rather not pay the same again.....unless someone can find be an exact replacement.

Thanks shoppers ?

Regatta

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/203073136731

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
i am watching this thread as i need a new thin gilet. the one i have got is ancient and its a harry hall. what i dont like about the newer ones is the high neckline which is good for the winter but not good for me in the summer..

VRIN

Visit site
Not sure if its showerproof but mad mucker are thin. can squash into a little carry sack and I love them! Definitely worth a look.

ElleSkywalker

Visit site

Ooo soft shell, are they warm or thin?

Sadly too thick :(

The Musto men's small may be a tiny bit roomy but available in navy in a small: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/363442214968?hash=item549ed81838:g:NqIAAOSwL8pg0OyY&var=632660687298

The right sort of thing but even the small would probably drown me and I like them tight to help with jiggling ?

cowgirl16

Visit site
I've been needing a new thin gilet - just bought one on Sports Direct - 17.99, requisite make, double ended zip, 2 pockets, read the reviews and recommend buying a size up, colour black, (not the navy one which doesn't appear to have the double ended zip). Might be cheap tat - I'll find out when it comes!

Errin Paddywack

Visit site
I had a lovely one from Mountain Warehouse several years ago. Just thin cotton, slightly fitted with two side pockets and two breast pockets. Think it was £40 which I thought was extortionate for what it was. Finally got it for £20 in the sale. If I had known how good it was and that they were discontinuing them would have bought several. Hardly dare wear it as I am afraid of wearing it out. I use it for shopping and for agility as the extra pockets are a godsend. Have been keeping my eyes open for a similar one but nothing yet. I really don't want warmth, just pockets.

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
I had a lovely one from Mountain Warehouse several years ago. Just thin cotton, slightly fitted with two side pockets and two breast pockets. Think it was £40 which I thought was extortionate for what it was. Finally got it for £20 in the sale. If I had known how good it was and that they were discontinuing them would have bought several. Hardly dare wear it as I am afraid of wearing it out. I use it for shopping and for agility as the extra pockets are a godsend. Have been keeping my eyes open for a similar one but nothing yet. I really don't want warmth, just pockets.

like these? i thought they looked useful for walking dogs and have just ordered one of the other designs
, the womens ones dont have enough pockets for me.
https://hollandscountryclothing.co.uk/products/dale-mark-ii-lightweight-multi-pocket-bodywarmer-vest