Shortening boots

Pippity

Visit site
I've picked up a bargain pair of proper, straight-top riding boots, complete with garter strap. They fit beautifully, apart from being maybe an inch too long. I can cope with them this length, but is it plausible to get them shortened, or should I just keep wearing them and hope they drop with age?

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
I see them popping up second hand now and then where people have had boots shortened. i think any good old fashioned cobbler should be able to do this neatly.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
ah yeah, they will drop a fair bit., for some reason my hayfever addled brain had already turned these into used boots.

dorsetladette

Visit site
I think Timpsons the shoe repair people do it. I've also been told that a saddler could do it to. I really struggle to get boots the right length as I'm really short in the lower leg.

Pippity

Visit site
I'm not sure there's enough space for heel raisers! I'll keep wearing them without the garter strap and if they're still too long after a few months look into getting them shortened.

Damn my short, fat, hairy legs! Why don't I look like Charlotte Dujardin?

Meredith

riding reluctantly into the sunset
the sat-nav is wrong, go farther up the hill
Visit site
I think you have to make sure that the top isn’t left too wide and gaping round the calf.
This shop will. I have phoned and they accept boots by post too. I expect there are similar shops everywhere.
I am not sure if they are open now as I rang last January before covid.

https://www.facebook.com/Bowens-Boot-And-Shoe-Repair-107492272708166/