Show me an ugly horse?

metalmare

Visit site
There is the most hideous cremello on my route to work... nothing against cremello horses in general but this is one only a mother could love!

Jesstickle

Visit site
ask Lolo for pictures of Al's cremello pony.

I believe he was absolutely wonderful but I think (and I hope she won't mind me saying this) that he really was the ugliest thing I've ever seen!

metalmare

Visit site
Spanish horses, freisians, welsh ponies... all beautiful.

To me, the arab still stands alone in the beauty stakes.

But I would say an arab is beautiful whereas a friesian is handsome and a spanish horse, dare I say it, rather sexy... it's a different sort of beauty.

Paint Me Proud

Visit site
YUK!

post-2459-1207089007.jpg

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
Urgh at the one paint me proud has just posted!

I know of a couple of fugly looking ponies, can't post pics as not mine but one was really hit by the ugly gene!

Lolo

Visit site
ask Lolo for pictures of Al's cremello pony.

I believe he was absolutely wonderful but I think (and I hope she won't mind me saying this) that he really was the ugliest thing I've ever seen!

Poor Bumble pony :p But yes, he was a funny looking bugger. It was his proportions- he had donkey ears, a foal sized head, enormous blue eyes, very long legs and a long back with a wispy mane and tail. He was a cremello and just the wrong shade of yellow too, so he looked permanently grubby.

305294_2638268363060_585773230_n.jpg

2468_1026025770454_5515_n.jpg

But, he was so ugly he tipped into cute. He wasn;t out of the top 3 all summer, took my tiny little sister round 3' ODEs and taught her the ropes of riding a 'proper' pony (he was 14hh, and long strided- she was coming off a 13hh show pony!) but took every joke going and played along. He did a lovely test, and stopped once all summer at a water trough fence, so he could admire his reflection. His old owners nearly died laughing when Al told them, as he had never jumped that fence without having a gander at how lovely he was ;)

If you suggested to Al he was ugly though, I think she'd have probably killed you :D

Natz88

Visit site
I used to own this pony we named him Fugly :p. I am sure he was zebra x just a fat one as he was so overweight when he come to us. He looks better in 2nd pic :)

Oct15217.jpg

fugly.jpg

metalmare

Visit site
We have named one of our ferrets Fugly - it really suits him. I thought we were being really original until my 15 year old sister put us straight.

We were blending fat and ugly - not the other.

FreddiesGal

Visit site
Lolo I think he is gorgeous! I love Cremellos.

Anyone else think that Arab resembles a pig? Never been a fan of Arabs, Fjords or Appys. I know the ugliest horse but won't post a pic in case the owner sees ;)

FionaM12

Visit site
I'm another who doesn't see ugliness in horses.

I have my preferred "type" of course, and I don't like to see an animal bred so that it looks freakish like the arab above, but all horses are beautiful.

Just some are more beautiful than others. :p

Lolo

Visit site
Lolo I think he is gorgeous! I love Cremellos.

Anyone else think that Arab resembles a pig? Never been a fan of Arabs, Fjords or Appys. I know the ugliest horse but won't post a pic in case the owner sees ;)

We thought he was lovely too. You don't get quite the full effect in photos though, as he's scrubbed and gleaming, and we're standing at a kind angle :D

I think beauty is in the eye of the beholder though. Everyone has 'types', and while some horses will never be supermodels it is a personal thing. Bramble's attitude and sweetness made him the most gorgeous pony around. He taught so many children to ride properly, and Al was privileged to be able to ride him.

mandwhy

Visit site
Aww you're right the donkey eared cremello is cute in a way! I really don't like pink eyes and skin I think it looks kind of 'piggy' :-/ how shallow I am!

There is a grey near me with pink eyes and really mottly skin that I think is rather ugly bless it... I'm sure they are all beautiful inside!

Araby

Visit site
To be honest I'm not keen on the Arabs with very dished faces, but here is another clip of my boy, just over 40% Crabbet with a mixture of the other races, but still 100% Arab, he's had a mixed upbringing and we're hoping to reback him in the spring, 100% kind, will always have 'Arab' moments, but we've grown to love each other :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MG5ep0j5GC4&feature=youtu.be