Show me where you hack - Is mine the best in the world?!

Dexter

Visit site
Mine live in the grounds of a castle. My gates open up on to the forest, and once in there I can ride for hours without going on a road. I'm also only about 40 mins walk from the beach, although to get there I do have to cross a road, but then its bridle ways all the way. I sacrifice schools, stables and even electricity in order to keep mine there. Its totally worth it!

caberston

Visit site
north yorkshire :) have to say, it can get a bit draughty up on the top :p

23m7mvo.jpg

Moggy in Manolos

Visit site
On board my beautiful late mare on my favourite hacking route, fingers crossed me and nell will be doing it one day, you can see the Severn Bridge in the distance (joins Wales and England for those who may not know)

seren8thApril2007024.jpg

seren8thApril2007032.jpg

seren8thApril2007022.jpg

seren8thApril2007030.jpg

seren8thApril2007021.jpg

Moggy in Manolos

Visit site
Sorry everyone I have the best hacking in the whole world :p I live in the new forest :D I havn't ridden on a road in over a year :D

This is a video which shows some of my hacking. It's pictures taken from a sponsoured ride I did on Lucy in 2010. That was before I lived in the forest but now this is where I hack all the time :D

[youtube]t2f4hVdMyak[/youtube]

I feel so lucky to live where I do :D

Oh Laura, what a lovely video of you on your girl, that is lovely, and what a clever girl with gates she was, Seren was the same, a pro with gates :)

LauraWheeler

Visit site
Oh Laura, what a lovely video of you on your girl, that is lovely, and what a clever girl with gates she was, Seren was the same, a pro with gates :)

Thankyou. That was the last time i ever rode her so it's a special video :(. I'm so glad i took my camera. :) She was amazing at gates. Trouble is she was so good at them she could let herself (and any friends) out her field and go on adventures ;) :p :D

JFTDWS

Visit site
Cuppatea's beaches are divine. Give me any of the moors in Britain and I'd be happy as larry. Much prefer the British Isles to anywhere in the world - I'm just too patriotic :p

For the over-crowded South East / EA / half hour from london, I don't think mine's half bad... I also think hacking's what you make of it -you wouldn't catch me walking down a beach :p

3077_509215558567_278600097_535887_7610754_n.jpg

3077_509215573537_278600097_535890_1251174_n.jpg

3077_509151506927_278600097_531939_1174750_n.jpg

28734_513149145627_278600097_769718_8357895_n.jpg

even if you do get decapitated every now and again :p

426372_532859755407_278600097_1104651_50562334_n.jpg

KVH

Visit site
I'm not particularly a fan of hacking, but these pictures are even making me jealous :p

Captain Bridget

Visit site
The last place I hacked from was alright but it was mainly woods so couldn't get a proper canter in.

But now I will be hacking on a common which is used by the army which is full of sandy tracks perfect for cantering along! Although the horse is an ex racer so cantering may not be cantering!

The other horse I'll be riding is very close to my house, I've always wanted to hack around my house as I've walked and cycled it loads over 21 years of living here but always see bits that would be more fun on a horse!

Jade&Syrah

Visit site
I love hacking when i'm home, 5 minutes and i'm at the beach, up a fell, in field etc.

Hacking at work is mainly road work but it's good for the aspects of selling youngsters as they see everything :)

ClassicG&T

Visit site
That looks amazing! after watching that i fancy taking the pony to the beach :D

A few years ago when i was in Normandy i went on a beach ride along Juno beach, it was amazing. My horse was called Luther and he was a 15.2 chesnut thing, this was before i got my pony so i wanted to take him home haha :D

I also enjoyed a 10 mile pleasure ride in Meldon with a friend from the yard, it was the best ride i have EVER been on.

millreef

Visit site
Mine live in the grounds of a castle. My gates open up on to the forest, and once in there I can ride for hours without going on a road. I'm also only about 40 mins walk from the beach, although to get there I do have to cross a road, but then its bridle ways all the way. I sacrifice schools, stables and even electricity in order to keep mine there. Its totally worth it!

Blimey! Is it called Hogwarts by any chance??;)

Devonshire dumpling

Visit site
The horses don't bat an eyelid and we find the more of the road we take up the more people slow down. In fairness, considering they're city folk, people are very good. We get the odd person who shouts we shouldn't be on the road :confused: but lots more smile and wave :)

To be fair I think it does the horses good to have a balance between off road and roadwork, in Devon we have loads of rolling countryside, forests and beaches, but I always try to do some roadwork before offroad, you get a horse who isn't fazed by anything! XX

midi

Visit site
so jealous of the hacking on here, would love nothing more than to go hacking in a wood or endless moorlands.
theres absolutely no hacking around here unless you can box & travel :(

Jesstickle

Visit site
To be fair I think it does the horses good to have a balance between off road and roadwork, in Devon we have loads of rolling countryside, forests and beaches, but I always try to do some roadwork before offroad, you get a horse who isn't fazed by anything! XX
Agreed. It helps that mine are turned out by the A14 so when they have to cross it (which is what the big roundabout is in my pics, one of the main roads into the city of the dual carriageway :eek: ) they don't give a monkeys. We ride along the bus route too so they're completely unfazed by buses, lorries, cars, motorbikes, kids on bikes the works. The only thing BH doesn't much like is pheasants!

so jealous of the hacking on here, would love nothing more than to go hacking in a wood or endless moorlands.

What none? People used to say we had no hacking but where there's a will there's a way. That's a shame if you can't get out at all :(

millreef

Visit site

For ten months of the year I live in Hong Kong and there is very, little hacking out there too. I work a lot on dressage and schooling with the odd show jumping. Alas, no hunting, cross-country, team chasing or beaches to rider here.

dollymix

Visit site
although our rides involve lots of riding on country lanes to reach the bridleways, they are generally quiet and very pretty....plus the bridleways are worth it too :)
ribble.jpg

pendleride.jpg

lunahack.jpg

p.s - I live in Lancashire, in the Ribble Valley which is between Pendle hill, the Trough of Bowland and the Yorkshire dales, all of which are areas of outstanding natural beauty!

rema

Visit site
although our rides involve lots of riding on country lanes to reach the bridleways, they are generally quiet and very pretty....plus the bridleways are worth it too :)
ribble.jpg

pendleride.jpg

lunahack.jpg

p.s - I live in Lancashire, in the Ribble Valley which is between Pendle hill, the Trough of Bowland and the Yorkshire dales, all of which are areas of outstanding natural beauty!

And Witches!!!.I would poop myself riding up on Pendle Hill..(Can you tell i watched most Haunted.lol)