Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
Oh dear, I will be going back!

Prince Hal and Tosca
The Rock
Foxhunter
Stroller
The Maverick
Kerrygold (later Pele I think or the other way around, the old mind plays tricks!)
Nizefella because he was a great character, like his rider and I was lucky enough to look after him in his retirement.

I remember Strawberry Mojo too and the lovely Champ.

Chestnuttymare

www.ipcmedia.com
Ryans Son was amazing, my heart would do a wee leap when he came into the ring. I also loved Norbert Koofs horse, he was the most beautiful animal.
How sad about Tigre and Graffiti, you never think that would happen to horses like them!

milesjess

Visit site
Two aren't really in the past tense but they are my favourites and deserve a mention ;)

Shutterfly - I have never seen a horse jump the way he does. He oozes presence and seems so intelligent. He has to be one of the top (if not THE top) showjumper around :)

Oki Doki - All I'll say is... What amazing 'knee' action he had.

I'm sure he's been mention (sorry not read all the posts) but Hickstead. I don't even need to explain why... The response to his tragic death showed how admired and loved he was.

And, Tinka's Boy - If I had to pick my perfect horse, he is it! The most gorgeous horse I've ever seen :p

1293919015.jpg
... Tinka's Boy!

Last edited:

Tooster

Visit site
I may be showing my age ;) but (in no particular order) ...

Milton
Stroller
Jappeloup
Ryan's Son
Deister
Shutterfly

And probably loads more that I'll remember once I've posted this ...

Visit site
Beau Supreme, yes but such a heartbreaking end. how about Law Court, Mattie Brown and Grebe as the underdogs and then Marius, and who was that horse, the grey one that Hugo Simon used to ride, was it Lavendel? OMG, really showing age here and of course, recently, Hickstead. Funny how you remembered horses a while ago that showjumped and you don't now - or is that my age again..and i'm only 25.....ha ha!

LittleWildOne

Visit site
Ryan's Son, Milton, Bouncer, Ned Kelly, Vibart...and what was that other horse of Joe Turi's called?

I remember Joe Turi rode Vital and Kruger :)
Strawberry Mojo - I remember her from when I worked with JA's in Scotland !
I remember Tiny Tim too :D
Wasn't Norbert Koof's horse Called Fire ?

billy2

Visit site
Beau Supreme, yes but such a heartbreaking end. how about Law Court, Mattie Brown and Grebe as the underdogs and then Marius, and who was that horse, the grey one that Hugo Simon used to ride, was it Lavendel? OMG, really showing age here and of course, recently, Hickstead. Funny how you remembered horses a while ago that showjumped and you don't now - or is that my age again..and i'm only 25.....ha ha!

Oh, and Chainbridge! And as well as Lavandel, didn't Hugo Simon ride a MASSIVE horse called The Frog?

Faithkat

Visit site
I'll show my age too:

Harry Llewellyn's Foxhunter
Tosca, Flanagan, Prince Hal
Alan Oliver's Red Admiral
The Rock
Hans Winkler's Halle
Ted Edgar's loony Uncle Max
Milton (of course) - saw him after he retired at one of the John Whitaker/Geoff Billington's roadshows. John rode him into a pitch dark arena with just one spotlight - that horse certainly knew he was special and I cried and cried!
Of recent horses, I loved McLain Ward's Sapphire - she's related to and looks very like a horse I had and had to have PTS.

FanyDuChamp

Visit site
OMG I forgot one of the all time greats, Pennwood Forge Mill.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivpiEwXBbOs
Could not find any of him being ridden by Paddy McMahon, this is him in his veteran years but I remember when he was at his peak!! There is even a book written about him called Forgie: the story of Pennwood Forge Mill by Sue Clarke.

And just because she is stunning and an amazing character, Corlato
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3fQx8yJtNc

FDC