Showjumping qualifiers start today, 2pm UK time

spookypony

Visit site
Just why do the commentators feel it necessary to keep saying, "lady rider"? They don't say "man rider" for the others. It's not exactly a new thing to have females riding in the Olympics! Getting my goat a little.

TheOldTrout

Completely Unknown Member
Visit site
Just why do the commentators feel it necessary to keep saying, "lady rider"? They don't say "man rider" for the others. It's not exactly a new thing to have females riding in the Olympics! Getting my goat a little.

I know, it's really grating on my nerves too!

Tasha!

Visit site
Cripes all that was missing was a cry of kamakaze!

That link isn't displaying properly on my phone. Is it not the falls that are eliminated and multiple refusals are disqualified? May be mistaken.

Last edited:

Kylara

Visit site
Might have been disqualified due to spur marks? Looked like might have marked the force he was using. Guessing dsq after leaving arena. Elimination was due to one rider fall and one who refused at the double. Belgian elimination as refused too but if says dsq then I'd assume stewards saw blood or something when he got checked afterwards.

TheOldTrout

Completely Unknown Member
Visit site
does anyone know the difference between an elimination or a disqualification?

The Belgian rider is down as disqualified on the FEI live results, but Ukrainian and Argentinian rider are down as eliminated - or are they the same thing with different names.

http://rio2016.live.fei.org/Jumping1/live

Is eliminated because of something that happens during the round, eg a fall, and disqualified because of a kind of legal transgression, eg failing a drugs test?? Maybe he was disqualified because he used his whip after he was eliminated???

sasquatch

Visit site
Is eliminated because of something that happens during the round, eg a fall, and disqualified because of a kind of legal transgression, eg failing a drugs test?? Maybe he was disqualified because he used his whip after he was eliminated???

I know one of the 'eliminated' riders I think fell? (missed her round) and one had 2 refusals at the same fence the Belgian rider did. Could have been spur marks found, I'm not sure if he would be DQ'd for use of the whip if he was already eliminated?
Disqualified and eliminated do mean the same thing, but he would have been eliminated for the refusals he had anyway. So I am confused.

Be interesting to see if he receives a warning or yellow card.

Jazzy B

Visit site
Wow some pretty questionable riding this afternoon...

Good round from Amy Miller though on her 9 year old!!

Last edited: