Showjumping qualifiers start today, 2pm UK time

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
The oldest competitor i'm sure is a female eventer

Eh? Pippa Funnell is our oldest female eventer and she's not older than the Wittikars.

((Sorry, edited to add I was replying to the team be bit and then realised you were talking about the whole games))

The Germans are on fire again. They're shining in every equestrian discipline.

Tasha!

Visit site
I think we need to take a long look at the German sport and start making improvements as we're not looking that impressive this olymipcs, in eventing particularly.

Emilieu

Visit site
There was an NZ dressage rider who Mike Tucker rather rudely described as 'even older than Mark Todd'.
Ha ha, oh he is a charmer!
Yeah i meant the whole games. I read an Olympics Stats thing about the variations in height, weight etc and they had the oldest and the youngest athletes listed.

shadeofshyness

www.packthesuitcases.com
Just why do the commentators feel it necessary to keep saying, "lady rider"? They don't say "man rider" for the others. It's not exactly a new thing to have females riding in the Olympics! Getting my goat a little.

I've just logged on here to post exactly this. It's so sexist. Just texted my friend who is a GP and regularly loses her temper with people calling her a 'lady doctor' - she's started saying no she's not a gynaecologist!

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
Yes there have been a lot of Eli I atoms, haven't there? It's been trickier than it looked, this course.

Eli I atoms!! The stuff auto correct brings up. Eliminations.

sasquatch

Visit site
that one went for a swim as well.
and then another stop at that double only to go straight through it.

wonder what it is about it that the horses don't like it?

sasquatch

Visit site
just checked on the FEI website, and it now says one Dutch and one Belgian rider have been disqualified, but the rest eliminated.

I think I missed the Dutch round or don't remember it, was it the other rider who seemed to have a temper?

I'm going to look up the difference between disqualification and elimination, as I'm confused.