Shwmae horse products

Status
Not open for further replies.

HihoGinger

Visit site
Can they not at least get someone with decent grammar to write this marketing material????

Second to non (sic) service? Yes, they already deliver that, I think, just not quite in the way that they mean. Can't see that changing, but you never know.
Funny that. I just said much the same on "the hater's page"
Still, one man's rubbish grasp of the English language is another man's entertainment! :D

*hic*

village idiot :D
Visit site
It was indeed a very smart horse - but if you were the owner of one of the horses whose competition image is still on the page, showing how many likes it got, wouldn't you be a bit irritated that the photo of the "winning" horse had been removed some days ago and in fact you might have got more likes for your horse than the "winner" did?

Elbie

Visit site
I had a few ponderings:

* covering wounds or grazes which need protection from bugs/bedding or other forms of germs - isn't that what wound dressing is for?

* keeping horses hygienic and protected when in or outside of the stable - sorry, keeping them hygienic??? Hygienic for what? So they can assist in surgery if needed?

* a turnout onesie is perfect for protecting horses from the elements when the owner can't be sure to get them in due to other commitments or wishing to still turn out in harsh weather. - isn't this what normal rugs are for?

* insulating heat during a cold and unforgiving spell of weather making sure your horse doesn't loose weight through being cold. - again, wouldn't a normal rug suffice?

Obviously if people want a onesie then they will buy one but at that price surely there are cheaper alternatives which have already been invented!

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
A reply to them.....

What is the point of a onesie some ask?

A onesie which is designed by shwmae products ltd is a beautifully hand crafted overlocked product which is perfect for the following reasons:-

* covering wounds or grazes which need protection from bugs/bedding or other forms of germs.... This is what a sterile dressing is for isn't it?

* keeping horses hygienic and protected when in or outside of the stable.....
Would a onsie work like a sponge & soak up sweat & urine, how can they be hygenic?

* a turnout onesie is perfect for protecting horses from the elements when the owner can't be sure to get them in due to other commitments or wishing to still turn out in harsh weather......
Are they waterproof?

* helping with skin conditions which may results in wounds or rubs (used and proven through customer use).......
How? Dressings & lotions etc are for this aren't they?

* thermal onesies are perfect for putting on a horse/pony after or before work to keep joints warm before work and slowly release heat helping prevent tying up etc... After work........
Surely a rug after work needs to be breathable so the horse can gently return to his normal temperature & the rug should wick away sweat. I doubt if a onesie made from this material will accomplish that?

* insulating heat during a cold and unforgiving spell of weather making sure your horse doesn't loose weight through being cold..........
Surely the rug needs to be windproof which the onesie is not or a horse will not remain warm turned out in it in adverse weather.

* protecting horses from parasites during summer months when fly bites and bug bites are at their peak............
Are fly rugs not designed for this? & surely in the summer months a horse would unnecessarily sweat wearing a onsie in summer sun?

A shwmae products onesie is more then a rug... It's an essential easy to use garment.........
The onsie certainly isn't essential!

When designing the onesie shwmae took all health issues into consideration and are proud to say we are the only company to have thought of these points when manufacturing the product..........
I believe the claims made by the company regarding the health issues it is alleged to address are false. These claims need to be verified by some authority, vet, veterinary college, professor etc. They should not make these claims without some kind of medical authority backing their claims.

2014 will see 7days dispatch turn around, outstanding second to non customer service and only the very best of designs for you and your horse......
This would be nice to see but on current experiences it appears unlikely.

Buy with peace at shwmae from today and feel looked after and cared for by one of the worlds most known equine rugs companies.........
'From Today'?...I cannot see how things will miraculously change from today when for months they have been saying there is no problems. Additionally 'cared for by one of the worlds most known equine rugs companies'....... do they think they are Premier Equine/ Rhino/ Horsewear etc? They are well known though, unfortunately for all the wrong reasons.

I do hope they change their ways but I cannot see it. :(

I penned this reply as the above poster was doing theirs so some duplication :)

Jackfrost1

Visit site
Was nupafeed not taken to court by the advertising authorities for making false claims though their adverts that needed veterinary proof or back up? Shwmae may well find themselves in similar hot water if not careful, maybe I will find out who I need to report it to. Did anyone screen shot the page before it went down yet again? The nupafeed incident was reported in horse and hound only a few weeks ago.

PolarSkye

Visit site
Was nupafeed not taken to court by the advertising authorities for making false claims though their adverts that needed veterinary proof or back up? Shwmae may well find themselves in similar hot water if not careful, maybe I will find out who I need to report it to. Did anyone screen shot the page before it went down yet again? The nupafeed incident was reported in horse and hound only a few weeks ago.

This. They need to be very careful not to fall foul of the ASA.

P

babymare

Visit site
ummmmm due to my constant chatter to OH he as just goggled the name Shwmae and it said it meant "long time no see" rather apt for all you guys waiting for your orders!!!!!!

Elbie

Visit site
Essential? :( Really? Says it all!

Exactly. Yes they are unique in that they are the first company to make a onesie, but the purposes for it they have listed are not unique and there are other options out there (i.e. like a good old fashioned rug). So it does beg the question why need one at all?

abracadabra

Visit site
Exactly. Yes they are unique in that they are the first company to make a onesie,

Are they though? Definitely? Only I'm positive I've read on one of the many many Shwmae threads littering the interwebz that someone had owned something along these lines many years ago (think the 80's was mentioned? Wish I knew what forum that was on, but hey, so many threads complaining about Shwmae it could be anywhere!) And we've seen the compression suits with legs, before this 'onsie' craze started. I can without any doubt agree that they are the first to use the term onsies though.

Corner Mad House

Visit site
Are they though? Definitely? Only I'm positive I've read on one of the many many Shwmae threads littering the interwebz that someone had owned something along these lines many years ago (think the 80's was mentioned? Wish I knew what forum that was on, but hey, so many threads complaining about Shwmae it could be anywhere!) And we've seen the compression suits with legs, before this 'onsie' craze started. I can without any doubt agree that they are the first to use the term onsies though.

That was actually on this thread .... but I am not offering to look back and find it .... and yes someone said they had a onsie for their horse in the 1980's

Elbie

Visit site
As far as I was aware they are the only people to make them but am willing to be corrected!

Compression suit isn't really the same as a onesie IMO. The onesie just seems like a fleece rug with legs whereas the compression suits are high stretch fabric designed to regulate pressure etc. Bit like comparing slipper socks to flight socks!

Elbie

Visit site
That was actually on this thread .... but I am not offering to look back and find it .... and yes someone said they had a onsie for their horse in the 1980's

Blimey the 80s?! Was it like a shell suit lol.

Did it just not take off or have they always been looming in the background. Maybe Shwmae are the only ones currently manufacturing them now?

Corner Mad House

Visit site

There is a screen shot of it on the True Reviews - Blocked Customers FB ... might be worth asking the person who posted it if they have the whole thing as she only posted the 'promise' at the bottom.

mil1212

Visit site

As far as I was aware they are the only people to make them but am willing to be corrected!

Compression suit isn't really the same as a onesie IMO. The onesie just seems like a fleece rug with legs whereas the compression suits are high stretch fabric designed to regulate pressure etc. Bit like comparing slipper socks to flight socks!

Blimey the 80s?! Was it like a shell suit lol.

Did it just not take off or have they always been looming in the background. Maybe Shwmae are the only ones currently manufacturing them now?

That was me, when I had my 14hh pony she came with one, we called it her leotard, it was blue lyrca, i have a photo somewhere of her in it, would have been about 1988

Elbie

Visit site

I'm learning so much about onesies! I would define a onesie as a rug that has the legs attached. I just thought other companies did the body suit types without the legs (like the 'bug rug' my share horse had). Didn't know there were others out there.

BTW, this wasn't steered intentionally to try and promote other companies, honest!

mil1212

Visit site
is annoying me so went and found it!
circa 1987/88, legs and tail were detachable, back legs aren't on here. It was banned from pony club camp as I was told it was cheating! (still won best turned out though :) )

3a8fe88e-daaa-471a-b837-b248cd3cae03_zps4cd5d3c9.jpg

Last edited:

Venevidivici

Visit site
Mil1212...2 things; 1) your pony's 80s outfit looks to fit waaaay better than any products from said company and 2) 'leotard' is just such an infinitely better product name!

Please, somebody start up an 'Equitards' company ... a product to protect horsey coats from flies,mud,rain and, of course,equiturds... ;) ;)

Corner Mad House

Visit site
is annoying me so went and found it!
circa 1987/88, legs and tail were detachable, back legs aren't on here. It was banned from pony club camp as I was told it was cheating! (still won best turned out though :) )

Well that certainly proves that Shwmae were not the first to have the idea. Lovely pony !

mil1212

Visit site
Mil1212...2 things; 1) your pony's 80s outfit looks to fit waaaay better than any products from said company and 2) 'leotard' is just such an infinitely better product name!

Please, somebody start up an 'Equitards' company ... a product to protect horsey coats from flies,mud,rain and, of course,equiturds... ;) ;)

So thats the only outfit from the 80's that was classy! Love the name equitard.
I am such a hoarder I probably still have it in my tack room......

abracadabra

Visit site

Not really. I can see how someone might look at a compression suit with legs, and think, I can make one of those out of crappy fleece and charge a fortune for them. Different uses, but essentialy its a rug with legs.

Status
Not open for further replies.