Sick of this rain

Pinkvboots

Visit site
It's so miserable never known it like this in June and July everything is just soaked through and still muddy fields.

Where has summer gone I think they are waiting to cut hay next door to me but no way can you attempt it at the moment it will be ruined:(

MuddyMonster

Visit site
It's a bit miserable :( I'd just like to wake up to no rain and not having constantly to dry off a coat after riding or dog walking.

Although I do feel a little bit smug that I moved from a yard on clay to one on sand & chalk ... I'm not missing the muddy fields & bridlepaths that would be too boggy to get through :D

Last edited:

PurBee

Visit site
I hear ya..
This local west ireland weather forecast - rain/cloud - is what i generally wake up to no matter the season!

I wish i wanted to be a sheep farmer, instead of tillage and horses! Throw the sheep out in it and enjoy being indoors….but im an outdoorsy type…and despise getting constantly soaked!
Im heading to the mediterranean….just to have a summer again! ?

CCF27E83-6D4D-4865-80FE-170D32B6610E.jpeg

Barlow

Visit site
Yes really fed up with the wet and warm weather - the grass is still growing like crazy, normally it would have been eaten down by now but instead I’ve had to take my horse off it completely as im worried about laminitis. He’s never had it but I’ve never seen grass quite like this at this point in the “summer”.

lynz88

Visit site
really fed up with the weather as well. a week of sun, 2 months of rain and cold weather. My first summer over here was a depressingly cold and rainy one (2012) but then the several summers after that were decent though I wasn't around for most of last year as I went back home....and now back to cold, wet, rainy. It is incredibly hot hot hot back home and was last year as well for which I am very jealous!!

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Getting fed up now as need to cut and get our hay in. Weather forecast gives a few dry days then seems to immediately change
Here too :(.

Next dry spell here not now due to start til Wed 14th July, but there have already been several promised dry spells which have turned into yet more rain.

Fransurrey

Visit site
I caved this morning and went onto winter routine, putting deep beds into the field shelters. I normally only have beds in the winter, to help dry the feet out. My cob's feet are suffering with the constant wet weather and we've lost two girth holes with the bloating. Only good thing about this summer is less horse flies. Nearly got launched coming back from my hack, too, as horizontal rain/wind hit just as we came out of the trees towards the yard. Coblet not impressed!

ownedbyaconnie

Visit site
I am desperate to wash my baby clothes in the sunshine as I love nothing more than the smell of sun dried clothing. It’s the only thing standing in my way until my hospital bag is fully packed and it’s driving me mad!!!

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
it was so hot this time last year, agreed.

I don't mind the rain so much as the endless mugginess. if the rain would clear the air a bit that would be something!

I put the washing out yesterday morning, OH didn't get it in when he got home and then it was raining by the time I got back, it's still raining now. I am just leaving it out!!

lynz88

Visit site
Its quite stormy here and feels like Autumn, not July :(. The grass is still growing but mine don’t want to eat it, they just want to stand in the shelter stuffing hay. If this is our summer, it’s going to be an awfully long winter :(

It was already an exceedingly long winter!!! TBH it feels like winter hasn't actually ended. I was hoping that maybe this year was going to be like it was back home last year where it snowed up until the end of May but then was BEAUTIFUL, hot, sunny weather all the way through (rarely went down below 30 degrees without the humidity....the one day that it went to 25 I actually had to wear a jumper and jeans!!) but I think I've lost hope...

ownedbyaconnie

Visit site
it was so hot this time last year, agreed.

I don't mind the rain so much as the endless mugginess. if the rain would clear the air a bit that would be something!

I put the washing out yesterday morning, OH didn't get it in when he got home and then it was raining by the time I got back, it's still raining now. I am just leaving it out!!
OH’s has been out two days now…I mean rain is clean right?

skint1

Visit site
Count me in for being fed up with the rain and wind, but equally I found that absolutely baking weather we had in a recent summer pretty challenging. Think I am a temperate person, and this is not a temperate world any longer

tda

Visit site
I put some washing out Friday morning last week, got soaked numerous times over the weekend and finally brought it in last night, nearly dry

vam

Visit site
I want the grass to stop growing, I'm possibly the only one who does but lami risk just hangs round your neck like a noose. I've managed mine well the last couple of years but I'm struggling this year as because the grass just keeps growing and I really don't want her to have her first bout.
I guess at least the ground isn't rock hard and if hay is cut it will be a better yield than last year. Seems you have to compromise on something every year.

southerncomfort

Visit site
Here too :(.

Next dry spell here not now due to start til Wed 14th July, but there have already been several promised dry spells which have turned into yet more rain.

Husband had booked this week off as the forecast had looked good. Now got rain forecast all week.

He moved his leave until next week. Same again...sunny and warm has changed to wet and cool.

daydreamer

Visit site
I'm also sick of the rain. I've lived in East Anglia for the past 15 years or so and this amount of rain in the summer is really really unusual. I've never seen the verges or central reservations so lush - normally everything is brown and withered by now. I'm also worried about how much grass there is - my 3 yo is out 24/7 with an Exmoor pony, they're in the smallest field the yard has, now split in half (the yard doesn't really do electric fencing so this is a big concession) and they now both have muzzles on. The grass is growing faster than they can eat it! The rested fields at the yard now look like hay fields.

MiJodsR2BlinkinTite

Slopping along on a loose rein somewhere in Devon
Visit site
I seem to remember that the year the Olympics were here (2012) it was a very wet summer, and totally miserable with it!

Don't think we are quite as bad as that - yet - with this summer?? Yes it is wet and miserable, but that summer we hardly saw the sun at all, it was incredibly depressing.

After two gorgeous heatwave summers I guess we just had to expect this year would be a wet one, sadly.

kidsandponies

Visit site
I'm also sick of the rain. I've lived in East Anglia for the past 15 years or so and this amount of rain in the summer is really really unusual. I've never seen the verges or central reservations so lush - normally everything is brown and withered by now. I'm also worried about how much grass there is - my 3 yo is out 24/7 with an Exmoor pony, they're in the smallest field the yard has, now split in half (the yard doesn't really do electric fencing so this is a big concession) and they now both have muzzles on. The grass is growing faster than they can eat it! The rested fields at the yard now look like hay fields.

Snap, we’re in East Anglia too and have far too much grass. Normally by now it would be burnt off and I’d be supplementing with hay but I’ve had to divide one field into thirds and the other two resemble hay crops. Luckily around here the farmers made the most of the warm, dry spell early June and made hay, if it keeps growing like this and the weather gives them a break I am sure there will be a second cut.

Sossigpoker

Visit site
Here in the west country it's been hot and dry for ages , this rain has been welcome.
A pot of grass things which my cob does not need !