So, if not riding due to heat, what are you doing?

mini_b

Visit site
I rode at 6:30 as it wasn’t like satans armpit here.
got home about 8am and I’ve managed to waste a whole day.

no housework, nothing. If I don’t have my usual structure my day goes to sh*t. I need to be jam packed to be productive.

emptied the pool because it was like a swamp and STILL not cleaned it out so that won’t be getting filled before the pipe ban.

Ratface

Visit site
Lying in a hot heap in the breezy wheelhouse, cursing idiots breaking the safe speed limits, being on the wrong side of the river for safe navigation and being jealous of Kevin Kat who is in a nice, sole (floor) level breeze, ruffling his fat fur belly.
He has a big fresh soup bowl of cool (not cold) water in every space in the boat, checked every hour. Both wheelhouse doors are open. If I go up to join him, he flops on my neck and tries to chew my bottom lip. Like a petite, sabretooth tiger.
Little treasure.
The horses are dozing under the trees, whilst their skivvies ensure all is as they would wish to find it, come tea time. Poos have been picked, almost before they hit the ground. Water troughs scrubbed and freshly filled. Haynets filled and soaked. Small hard food meals prepared and covered. Tack cleaned. Rugs folded. Staff fed, watered, thanked profusely for working in such hot weather for so many weeks. Small gifts given and politely accepted.
Rain and cooler weather devoutly prayed for,

lynz88

Visit site
Ripping up/out a pond from the previous owners though think I've gotten as far as I can for now...
Until the ground softens. Also pulled up a patio, giving trees and bushes haircuts, ripping up dead plants that I can rip up....and otherwise sitting out in the sun with some music, lots of water, and trolling HHO

Reacher

Visit site
Horses are in the yard where they have shade and watch through the kitchen window for the humans.

Temperature is quite pleasant in the house. I have been decorating my utility room / tack room - which has never been decorated since we moved in. 18?! years ago!

So it first needed a lot of cleaning!
Walls and woodwork cleaned, walls and ceiling painted white , shoe cupboard, doors on sink unit and 1st door painted sage green. New door ordered to replace the shitty 2nd door (has had bits chopped out for a dog flap in the past then patched up).

Saddle racks and bridle hooks are yet to go back, am thinking how to make more storage before they go back as the room had too much horsey stuff lying around before!

Still to gloss the skirting boards etc.
Feeling quite pleased as it’s had a refresh even without buying new fiittings.

Palindrome

Visit site
Got the hay in this morning, 23 big bales rolled by hand, a few of them still in the driveway but we don't bring the cars in. Took the kid on an outing this afternoon and now relaxing on the sofa. I am not sure if I will find enough energy to ride tonight.
It is supposed to rain on Monday or Tuesday, so I am crossing fingers for a good rainstorm.

oldie48

Visit site
I've just got home from having my vile varicose veins lased and treated with foam, have done the prescribed walk, taken pain killers and am sitting in a cool kitchen in compression stockings and shorts. Not my best look and the stockings cannot be removed for 7 days. I can't ride for a while so Mr D is going to have a short holiday.

blitznbobs

Visit site
Worked this morning, sat on sofa doing paperwork this afternoon(whilst watching tv) just hosed off the horses and given them their tea…. No riding today … they can go out as soon as the temperature drops a bit…

spacefaer

Visit site
The herd is safely inside where the breeze goes straight through the barn.
Dogs were out earlier in the morning and will go out later this evening. I'm about to meet up with a friend and go for a walk (literally) down the river. Crocs and shorts for us, and the dogs swim around us, (and the young lab tries to push me in- she thinks it's very funny!)

I have also discovered the very guilty pleasure of MasterChef Australia. Way better than our version and about 100 episodes a series. So a lot of vicarious cooking has been going on this afternoon ?

AntiPuck

Visit site
I've been doing some work on desensitising my horse to spray bottles and clippers (currently, electric toothbrushes). Session length is only 5 mins, and can be done stood-still in the shade, so perfect really. Progress has been swift, so i'm really chuffed with her!

littleshetland

Visit site
Got the PRE out this afternoon from his dozing in the stable. We practiced a bit of in hand Spanish Walk round the yard (YouTube is my friend.....) for 10 mins and that was that. I really want to ride but can't seem to summon up the energy at 8.00pm.....

BatHorse

Visit site
Been for an early morning swim at the local outdoor pool then ate my body weight in ice lollies sat in the garden under an umbrella. Got piles of housework to do but it's just too hot here

exracehorse

Visit site
Rode at 7am. 22 degrees. Three hour hack. 34 degrees when i got back to the yard. Came home. Cold bath. Watched The Sandman while dying on the sofa as house a furnace. And those flies can piss off. Buzzing in my legs. It’s toooo hot ?